Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wartburg353

May 7, 2020
Does anyone know a way to get hair from DAZ into VAM? My google-fu is weak and the DAZ-community appears to be a bunch of jerks.
Sorry to piss on your kipper, but as far as I am aware there is no way to port Daz hair into VaM due to the physics in VaM. I suppose the only way would be to try and replicate the style using the hair tools in VaM. I've converted several clothing items and characters from different Daz Generations, but hair is an issue.......

Reactions: Anon2469

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Holy moley you went the full route eponge! Mine was lazy and just had one button per folder to cycle through the VAPs within it.

I've attached my implementation updated for Community.PosePack.7.var that has a Quick Launch Bar with common tasks and one button for each pose folder that will cycle thru the VAP contents of each alphanumerically when clicked. In the interest of organization I have excluded "High Heels Poses" as there are only three poses as well as "REM Poses" & "POSE 400" as they have multiple nested sub-folders not useful for this simple approach. One can always use the "pose" button on the Quick Launch Bar to manually select these from the VaM UI and I'll look into those a bit more. There may be some other non-default settings in this uiap as I built it from my live setup, let me know if that should change.

This is of course based off JayJayWon.UIAssist(Patron).34.var (UIAssist v1.21.0). While I well know where I am here, I would encourage anyone interested to add this creator to your rotation when/if possible. They do good shit for the community and we all like a good shit, eh?
Wow nicely done. You're much better at UIAssist than I am obviously. I have to tweak mine also (not talking about the community pose pack uiap). I like your default layout, I think the icons in the default one are not that easy to figure out. You probably guessed but the uiap I did is generated with an external script, I didn't do it by hand eh. It's more for the lulz cause waiting 30s for the uiap to load is a bit annoying.

Reactions: -Carcosa

fgriff

Jul 3, 2018
Does anyone know a way to get hair from DAZ into VAM? My google-fu is weak and the DAZ-community appears to be a bunch of jerks.
I have converted some DAZ hairs to VAM in the past by importing them as clothing, but there were a few extra steps and the results were not always acceptable. Two problems with a lot of DAZ hairs in regards to VAM is that they have tons vertices and they're often built in many small pieces that don't play well with physics. One way to get around those issues is to use blender to meld the parts together, then reduce the vertex count (particularly on overlapping/hidden sections), and then tweak the physics map in VAM. It can be a lot of work, but it's doable and sometimes worth it to have your desired DAZ hair in VAM.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
One idea I was spinning around was finding a team to set up a Resilio Sync or a Syncthing. Essentially, it's a dynamic torrent system that allows for file updates and changes. Anyone interested or familiar with these services?

Resilio:
Syncthing:

I am also wanting to spin a community open to share fully VR videos of VAM captures. More info on that here: https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6352839

I'm not a fan of having any of these organized in Discord. Discord spies way too hard and has way too much authority. A Rocket Chat would be better.
Resilio is a joke, at least as free version (but I guess also in paid version). It does not have a reliable synchronisation mechanism (it doesnt prompt for anything in case of conflict so..). Its very easy to loose files. I lost a full disk like this.. ahah
There's ipfs also. Unfortunatly last time I checked had to be public nodes.

But yeah the idea is nice to have an incremental var pool. You need a team of volonteer penders to do the amazing job of sorting, cleaning, checking etc.. a full time job (a bit like moderating a thread..)

In addition to the files backend, what would be very cool is something I mentionned a few months ago.

Your.. own.. hub!

Do mitm to decipher the TLS exchanges and reverse engineer the protocol used by VaM to access/dl/dependency handling.. the hub. Most probably a simple REST backend. Implement that in a few high availabilty servers (they can actually be hidden services in tor and only a reverse proxy can be public). Do some DNS redirection to point hub.virtamate.com to fuckpatreon.foo.bar so vam will transparently go to your own web servers.

Open VaM, tadaaa you have all free and non free vars in a click.

But then we'd miss the drama posts. For that I don't have a solution ahah

Deleted member 1647502

Sep 13, 2019
Resilio is a joke, at least as free version (but I guess also in paid version). It does not have a reliable synchronisation mechanism (it doesnt prompt for anything in case of conflict so..). Its very easy to loose files. I lost a full disk like this.. ahah
Bummer! What about syncthing?

But yeah the idea is nice to have an incremental var pool. You need a team of volonteer penders to do the amazing job of sorting, cleaning, checking etc.. a full time job (a bit like moderating a thread..)
Why? Couldn't the var pool just be what it is... how unwieldly could it really get? People would comment what would need to be removed due to whatever reason (virus,cp,dup,etc).

In addition to the files backend, what would be very cool is something I mentionned a few months ago.
Your.. own.. hub!
Do mitm to decipher the TLS exchanges and reverse engineer the protocol used by VaM to access/dl/dependency handling.. the hub. Most probably a simple REST backend. Implement that in a few high availabilty servers (they can actually be hidden services in tor and only a reverse proxy can be public). Do some DNS redirection to point hub.virtamate.com to fuckpatreon.foo.bar so vam will transparently go to your own web servers.
Open VaM, tadaaa you have all free and non free vars in a click.
I'm shocked no one has done this yet.. but it would be hard to discover new work. Unless the VAMHub var resolutions from what is on the HUB went to the private backend. But I imagine not everything is published on the Hub.

But then we'd miss the drama posts. For that I don't have a solution ahah
Yeah well.... Discord?

Apr 15, 2020
hey folks , got 5 more for you all that i made.

View attachment 1319140
Lily Dole

View attachment 1319141
Rose HW

View attachment 1319142
Heathe C

View attachment 1319145
Em Clarke

View attachment 1319150
Lilly C
can you please share on another platform? gofiloe expires quickly

Reactions: junkse55 and Leksi