Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter-Pirate

Sep 4, 2020
I can't get this to work, I even try to "launch game" from my Quest 2. It runs VAM but in desktop mode.

Any help would be appreciate, thanks!
You need Buy and then to install Virtual Desktop on your Quest. Plus you need to install the virtual desktop streamer app on your PC. Run virtual desktop streamer app On your PC. Then you run virtual desktop on your Quest.. Make sure you have steam vr on your PC. But don't run it.
Once you select Vam VR in your Quest or Quest 2. it will auto run.

Last edited:

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Last day, last shot at asking for any of these.

Peter-Pirate

Sep 4, 2020
Just downloaded this, and Marriage triggered Microsoft Defender as malware.
I know Bamair1984 has been having problems. But i do check the files i up and download..
Content
Yesterday my friend reminded me that when downloading the JAR file, Microsoft Defender warned that there was a Trojan horse.
I used Microsoft Defender, Microsoft antimalware, AVAST, Sophos to scan disk files completely on the advice of my friends.
Checked 24 hours and corrected the registry settings.
Update and reset the game.
Although my computer did not receive any warnings, I still updated the model files.
Why is there no prompt in my microsoft defender? I don't know...
If you have encountered similar problems, or have better suggestions, please leave a message!

Comments

i dont know. Ill redownload and see.
2021-08-25 03:46:09.205000

Will you still receive a warning after updating the file?
2021-08-24 03:19:04.372000
Defender notifies me too . It quarantined the file. I assumed if it wasn’t a false positive more people would have been mentioning it , so I didn’t say anything
2021-08-23 22:44:41.097000
you dont' t need third part anti virus it's a waste. Always make me laughs when people buy third party bull shit. Been building my own PC since i was 10, before Microsoft Windows even exists. I'm now 40. So take my advice for what it's worth.
2021-08-23 18:08:52.360000

the best options are normally free. Also, some third party apps can have provide better errors and more reliable anomaly detection. I've also noticed that it helps when you want to change code or mod packages that change the code automatically and windows will prevent you from doing unless you repeatedly allow path after path of "trusted directories"
2021-08-23 21:26:19.565000

azel1221

Apr 13, 2019
yep yep. the cs rin ru thread had several pages of people ranting about Quest piracy and ethical not wanting to hack it. Something about sideloading and apk. No idea since I have the original Vive.
What a bunch of abject retards, the ethics of pirating from a deca-millionaire. Virtual Desktop is and has always been made by 1 singular guy and has generated at least 10-20 million dollars in revenue. It sold several hundred thousand copies on PCVR alone, Quest sales absolutely eclipse that several times over in addition to a price hike and no cross buy. He's not running a company, hiring teams of developers, or trying to finance a next-game, the only thing those arguing morons are funding is a 5th vacation home and 3rd Ferrari.

p.game

Jul 12, 2021
I know Bamair1984 has been having problems. But i do check the files i up and download..

[...]

2021-08-23 22:44:41.097000
you dont' t need third part anti virus it's a waste. Always make me laughs when people buy third party bull shit. Been building my own PC since i was 10, before Microsoft Windows even exists. I'm now 40. So take my advice for what it's worth.
And for what it is worth:

I am only a light downloader of VAM mods. Not counting the two active torrents that I have downloaded on a seedbox, but not looked at yet, I have about 600Gb of vars that I have downloaded here and there and there might have only been about 4 files that MS Defender has ever questioned. (600Gb but I bet a lot of it are duplicates so not really 600Gb.)

My take on it is to just delete it. What is roughly 400mb of content that is questionably bad vs the 600Gb plus the two torrents I still have to go through? Plus I only find myself going back to about a few gigabytes worth of content anyway. Your mileage may vary. Everyone's mileage may vary. I guess mileage always varies.

That all said I am sure they are all false positives. The only executable code in a var is some csharp script and that is low risk not counting whatever security measures were put into VAM with the patch. I mean the real suspicious malicious content would probably be in the form of DLL files. But I am in no way a security expert.

Jerome-092

Dec 26, 2017
This is probably the last time I'll have the chance to talk to you guys. I've only been following this thread for about 7 months but it feels like I've been here for years. I've loved the helpful posts, jokes, and drama that has happened here. Its a shame that the thread is being closed.
Best of luck to all of you in your future pirating <3

Mar 4, 2021
Before this thread disappears into the ether, any reccomendations on how to make VAM faster? My current VAM install is 302 GB, and it's extremely slow. I'm considering just starting a new installation, but moving all the .vars I regularly use and their dependencies doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Pesadilla

Are you sure this isn't a nightmare?
Donor
Sep 28, 2018
Nov 25, 2018
Before it's gone.. my last request. I think I did my little part and shared a bit here like many others. So.. yeah..

You have vol 2 everywhere, just not vol 1. If anyone have it.. please do share. Thank you.

Reactions: Smithe
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes