Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

cream pie

Sep 24, 2017
latest ver of Virtual Desktop was shared in this thread:

Grabbed a fresh copy off steam doesn't look like it's been updated since Aug 2020.
That app still load steamvr. lol

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
To make this clear. The "VirtualDesktop" app in the Oculus store does NOT "create a second HMD". Nor does it in ANY way open or use the SteamVR api. It also DOES NOT use the Oculus App. Nothing is "Hidden". As far as I am aware, you can run Virtual Desktop on your Quest2 headset and open VaM in it WITHOUT having either Steam or Oculus apps installed on the PC.
It is definitely NOT adding a step or two. It's removing both of them.
I am not talking about the Oculus "Link" mode with a cable, or even their new Airlink which works without a cable. These both open the Oculus app.

This is the last time I will say it. If you open VaM using "Virtual Desktop" from your headset by clicking the batch file I detailed before, neither the oculus app or steamVR will open OR be used. I don't even think they need to be installed. (You do need to install the Virtual Desktop client on your PC though.)

I was trying to help, not going to keep saying the same thing over and over, try it if you want or not. I am not your mom.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
I do have Virtual desktop in my steam library, but to use it i need to run steam vr first... How to by pass it? i have Reverb 2 HMD
This is ONLY for Oculus Quest and Quest 2 headsets. A Specific VirtualDesktop in the Oculus store (paid app) will let you do wireless VR to the PC without opening Steam.

It is NOT a steam app but it does have a PC side client you need to install.

brenry

Apr 13, 2020
It is NOT a steam app but it does have a PC side client you need to install.
yep yep. the cs rin ru thread had several pages of people ranting about Quest piracy and ethical not wanting to hack it. Something about sideloading and apk. No idea since I have the original Vive.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
No clue about hacking/piracy or sideloading.

It's $14.99, not bank breaking. I bought it and use it all the time, I consider it a great investment.

If you have the Vive this has nothing to do with you. It's literally only for the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 headsets.

Reactions: Peter-Pirate

birdonawire

Aug 25, 2021
So this recommendation is for anyone with an oculus headset that has installed the oculus app on their pc.
UNLESS YOU MANUALLY CONFIGURE YOUR STARTUP OR YOU HAVE CHANGED THE SERVICES there are some Oculus apps that start AUTOMATICALLY WHEN WINDOWS BOOTS UP!!
What I recommend for ANYONE that owns an Oculus headset and a PC that runs windows AND that has installed the facebook p.o.s. software for the Oculus, set rules on the windows firewall to prevent the oculus apps from sending or receiving anything.

This is what you need to run in an elevated powershell on windows, the first set is to allow and the second set is to block: I run the second set of commands and when I want to actually play a multiplayer game or download one of my titles I purchased then I run the first set to allow connections. The reason I recommend this is because FACEBOOK GETS LOGS OF EVERYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER AND ALL PROGRAMS YOU RUN EACH TIME THE COMPUTER BOOTS UP AND WHEN YOU RUN THE OCULUS APP.

This first set of commands Allow Oculus through Firewall

Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-client:OculusClient.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-dash:dash\bin\OculusDash.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRRedir.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRServer_x64.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRServiceLauncher.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Home2.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Home2\Binaries\Win64\Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-client:OculusClient.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-dash:dash\bin\OculusDash.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRRedir.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRServer_x64.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRServiceLauncher.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Home2.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Home2\Binaries\Win64\Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Allow

This second set will Block Oculus through Firewall

Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-client:OculusClient.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-dash:dash\bin\OculusDash.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRRedir.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRServer_x64.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-runtime:OVRServiceLauncher.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Home2.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName oculus-worlds:Home2\Binaries\Win64\Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe -Direction Inbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-client:OculusClient.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-dash:dash\bin\OculusDash.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRRedir.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRServer_x64.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-runtime:OVRServiceLauncher.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Home2.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block
Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "oculus-worlds:Home2\Binaries\Win64\Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe outbound" -Direction Outbound -Action Block

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
Actually I think you don't need to have installed the Oculus app on your PC.
I have not tested that yet, as I already had it installed anyway.
You got links to something showing the data they get? I am curious as " GETS LOGS OF EVERYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER AND ALL PROGRAMS YOU RUN EACH TIME THE COMPUTER BOOTS UP " seems excessive even for Facebook.
To send a log of everything on my computer would take.... Quite some time, as I am sure it would for others here.

Reactions: mannanaama

bolango

Nov 3, 2019
If you use a Quest 2 and Virtual Desktop, make THIS into a batch file and run it from within virtual desktop to start VaM
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\VR\VaM\VaM.exe"

Keep the quotes and edit paths to be correct for your system. If you launch it this way the shitty oculus app doesn't open and it should run smoother.

I can't get this to work, I even try to "launch game" from my Quest 2. It runs VAM but in desktop mode.

Any help would be appreciate, thanks!

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
I can't get this to work, I even try to "launch game" from my Quest 2. It runs VAM but in desktop mode.

Any help would be appreciate, thanks!
Do you have the latest Virtual Desktop with VR ? The older ones needed you to sideload an unlock to make VR streaming work...

Also, you run the batchfile from WITHIN VD. Put the headset on. Open VD, connect to your PC, then using the Quest2 controller point at the bat file and double click it. Do not do this from the PC or mouse itself.

Reactions: lyndy and bolango

bolango

Nov 3, 2019
Do you have the latest Virtual Desktop with VR ? The older ones needed you to sideload an unlock to make VR streaming work...

Also, you run the batchfile from WITHIN VD. Put the headset on. Open VD, connect to your PC, then using the Quest2 controller point at the bat file and double click it. Do not do this from the PC or mouse itself.
Thank you! I somehow got it to work by installing Oculus App, I'm going to try again after I uninstall it, I'm not sure if that was the one that allowed the VR to kick in.

Also the .bat file can run on any folder right?

Mine looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "V:\VAM\VaM.exe"

Smithe

Aug 23, 2017
ANYONE HAS THESE?

The kitana-kileena is literally free to download on his patreon sheesh :WaitWhat:

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
Thank you! I somehow got it to work by installing Oculus App, I'm going to try again after I uninstall it, I'm not sure if that was the one that allowed the VR to kick in.

Also the .bat file can run on any folder right?

Mine looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "V:\VAM\VaM.exe"
I haven't tried it without having the Oculus app installed. I know it doesn't open the app (which renders it's environment locally on the PC!!!) but if it needs drivers/dlls etc from the install folder I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes