Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellypunch3d

May 23, 2019
If you use a Quest 2 and Virtual Desktop, make THIS into a batch file and run it from within virtual desktop to start VaM
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\VR\VaM\VaM.exe"

Keep the quotes and edit paths to be correct for your system. If you launch it this way the shitty oculus app doesn't open and it should run smoother.
I don't think this setup works the way you think it does. Your performance hit is with virtual desktop, which requires the SteamVR API. So you are forcing a double hop to get to VAM (SteamVR API -> Oculus API). Disabling the Oculus app isn't going to do much - it's just a browser. Your savings will be in switching away from VD and using AirLink, which works well for some people and not as well for others. Basically, VR performs better when you do not use SteamVR.

tangtango

Dec 6, 2020
SarynNewLook.png MesaLarge.png NyxNewLook.png MagNewLook.png ValkyrPrimeNewLook.png

Hi. Do you know any guys with some of the most attractive female characters from Warframe?

I already have a valkyre model that some cool friend shared with me.

If anyone has a model for valkyre prime, please share me

• Wow
Reactions: Bigrabi

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
I don't think this setup works the way you think it does. Your performance hit is with virtual desktop, which requires the SteamVR API. So you are forcing a double hop to get to VAM (SteamVR API -> Oculus API). Disabling the Oculus app isn't going to do much - it's just a browser. Your savings will be in switching away from VD and using AirLink, which works well for some people and not as well for others. Basically, VR performs better when you do not use SteamVR.
Not True.
When you run it in OpenVR mode (normal SteamVR method) it loads SteamVR. This pops up a couple of windows and adds a layer of garbage between you and the app.
When you use Virtual Desktop to open the VaM.exe directly it DOES NOT USE STEAMVR or OpenVR AT ALL.
VirtualDesktop has hacked the oculus API to directly run the VR without the need for either Oculus app or SteamVR app.

When I ran through SteamVR before I got horrible stuttering, dropped frames and a nasty "3 images repeatedly cycling repeatedly" that gives you epilepsy when loading.
That doesn't happen with VD.
I have without a doubt a FAR better, smoother, faster experience with Virtual Desktop than either Airlink+Oculus app or Virtual Desktop+SteamVR.

You can trust me that I did specific tests with know variables to compare the frame rate.

Direct VirtualDesktop to Vam without Steam (it's obvious as the steamvr windows don't popup like normal and there is no steam interface to bring up) is by far the smoothest experience I have had with VaM and VR.

Tl;DR; VirtualDesktop running Vam directly with that batch uses NEITHER the Oculus app OR steamVR app. It's the fastest way.

easteregg1980

Jul 24, 2021
Could someone please briefly describe how I can adapt my own models to the animation in an existing scene? E.g. if the size of the model is different, the penis can no longer find the hole. Sometimes I can move the model into position with MOVE, but in some scenes it jumps back immediately as soon as the animation continues

trety

Aug 26, 2017
Since it's the last weekend with this thread i had decided to create an 'f95 exlcusive' model.
I choosed Julia from The Twist game.
As for morph i had wrapped her model from the game itself, but as for textures i used some pretty fresh ones from the daz shop and converted them from g8 to vam just for her. Her original textures in the game, well meshes too, reminds playstation 3 era and her face... it just looked like very poor attempt of face gen based creation. So yeah pretty damn sure i went a better way.
There is no scene in the var package, she's saved only as app preset.

List of deps [she actually requires some paid clothes]:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Could someone please briefly describe how I can adapt my own models to the animation in an existing scene? E.g. if the size of the model is different, the penis can no longer find the hole. Sometimes I can move the model into position with MOVE, but in some scenes it jumps back immediately as soon as the animation continues
Besides moving the models, the plugin sexhelper with the penis alignment function can also be a quick fix.

Sometimes adjusting the model scale can also help.

cream pie

Sep 24, 2017
Not True.
When you run it in OpenVR mode (normal SteamVR method) it loads SteamVR. This pops up a couple of windows and adds a layer of garbage between you and the app.
When you use Virtual Desktop to open the VaM.exe directly it DOES NOT USE STEAMVR or OpenVR AT ALL.
VirtualDesktop has hacked the oculus API to directly run the VR without the need for either Oculus app or SteamVR app.

When I ran through SteamVR before I got horrible stuttering, dropped frames and a nasty "3 images repeatedly cycling repeatedly" that gives you epilepsy when loading.
I have without a doubt a FAR better, smoother, faster experience with Virtual Desktop than either Airlink+Oculus app or Virtual Desktop+SteamVR.

You can trust me that I did specific tests with know variables to compare the frame rate.

Direct VirtualDesktop to Vam without Steam (it's obvious as the steamvr windows don't popup like normal and there is no steam interface to bring up) is by far the smoothest experience I have had with VaM and VR.

Tl;DR; VirtualDesktop running Vam directly with that batch uses NEITHER the Oculus app OR steamVR app. It's the fastest way.
What virtual desktop app are you talking about ? Link ?

bellypunch3d

May 23, 2019
Not True.

Don't want to go way off tangent here, but you're confusing the app vs. the API. Virtual Desktop creates a second HMD. The Oculus API does not support this. SteamVR does. So you are forced to go from Virtual Desktop -> Steam VR API -> Oculus API -> VAM. You can play some games showing/hiding the Oculus and SteamVR browser apps, but you can't avoid the API chain. It is true that that hiding the apps can give you a boost - but it's the double hop through APIs that's the real problem. OpenComposite is a solution to bypass the SteamVR API (by replacing it with a lighter weight version), but doesn't work with Virtual Desktop. I use Virtual Desktop myself, but once they optimize Air Link, you will no longer need the SteamVR API. You will literally save an entire hop between APIs, which Virtual Desktop will not be able to overcome.

Reactions: mannanaama

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
ANYONE HAS THESE?

Last edited:

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
Not True.

and how to do... "Direct VirtualDesktop to Vam without Steam is by far the smoothest experience I have had with VaM and VR."
you can explain?

Reactions: tony2006

brenry

Apr 13, 2020
What virtual desktop app are you talking about ? Link ?
latest ver of Virtual Desktop was shared in this thread:

Grabbed a fresh copy off steam doesn't look like it's been updated since Aug 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mirrora
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes