4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Also from StreamingAssets which file has textures?
Didn't I say I've never done this? So how should I know?

But here are some uneducated guesses:
  • there are skin sets for "Female 1" to "Female 17" -- and there are files called "f_1" / "f_1.mat" to "f_17" / "f_17.mat"
  • there are eleven skin sets with a name (incl. "Female Dummy") -- and there are also 11 more "f_?" / "f_?.mat" files
  • "Female 3" skin set is called "Olympia" -- you can find the word "Olympia" in the file "f_3.mat"
  • "Female 8" skin set is called "Nyssa" -- you can find the word "Nyssa" in the file "f_8.mat"
  • the file extension ".mat" could be an abbreviation for "material"
I guess I'm on the right track, don't you agree?

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
Didn't I say I've never done this? So how should I know?

But here are some uneducated guesses:
  • there are skin sets for "Female 1" to "Female 17" -- and there are files called "f_1" / "f_1.mat" to "f_17" / "f_17.mat"
  • there are eleven skin sets with a name (incl. "Female Dummy") -- and there are also 11 more "f_?" / "f_?.mat" files
  • "Female 3" skin set is called "Olympia" -- you can find the word "Olympia" in the file "f_3.mat"
  • "Female 8" skin set is called "Nyssa" -- you can find the word "Nyssa" in the file "f_8.mat"
  • the file extension ".mat" could be an abbreviation for "material"
I guess I'm on the right track, don't you agree?
I'm literally extracting all files LOL. Thanks tho.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
ok thx i will try bro
I did a quick test of the "Record" function yesterday, and it worked great: I selected a few "targets" that should be recorded (like the head, both hands and feet), hit record, and then just "wiggled" the character's head, each of their hands and so on -- and it has been recorded, so I was able to play it back afterwards!

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to tell the timeline plugin to only create a keyframe every 0.5 or 1 second (which might be enough for a smooth animation), because without that the recorded timeline had A LOT of keyframes :ROFLMAO: -- but then again I've never actively worked with the timeline plugin before, and I bet there are some great tutorials on how to do this the right way on Youtube or on the VAM hub.

I might try the combination with the locomotion system later today, because I'm curious how that will work as well. I'll let you know if I have some new details...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Ok -- I couldn't wait, because I was way too curious on how that "locomotion" and "timeline" combination works to create your own walking simulation, so I setup a little test scene, and I'm really impressed how well that worked on my first try!

First I setup a basic scene with just a WoodPanel (to walk on), a base female character (collision enabled!) placed in the dead center, a cube, and an animation pattern (using the built-in animation system) consisting of four animation steps creating a circle animation, controlling a little cube (collision turned off) to go round and round:

1662019509461.png

I then added the "CLS.cslist" (the main plugin file for the locomotion system) to the character, and in the "Custom UI" of this plugin I set "Pos Target Atom" to "Cube" -- and the character immediately started to walk towards the cube:

1662019655913.png 1662019685118.png

Then I started the cube's animation, and the character was following the cube around the circle -- controlled by the locomotion plugin.

Now I added the timeline plugin to the female character as well, added various "Targets" to the plugin (head, neck, lHand, rHand, lFoot, rFoot, hip) and changed the length of my animation to 40 seconds (that's about how long the character needed to do a full circle in this scene):

1662020553640.png

Then I went to "More" --> "Record animation...", selected all the targets in the "Controls" overview, and hit "Start recording in 5...", and the timeline plugin recorded the walking animation produced by the locomotion system following the cube for 40 seconds:

1662020661799.png

After recording has finished, you can then click on "Go to reduce screen..." and reduce the number of keyframes:

1662020850876.png 1662020917634.png

Done! I finally disabled the "CLS" plugin for the female character (so she didn't follow the cube anymore controlled by the "locomotion" plugin), and instead played the recorded animation from within the timeline plugin -- and the character was starting to walk around the circle without the cube even moving!

1662021684356.png

To be fair: the recorded animation looked a bit weird, but I did not change any of the default parameters for "locomotion" and/or "timeline", so I guess with a little bit of tweaking you can get some really nice and decent animations! Also I might need to add some more "targets" to the recording, or remove some, still needs to be tested. But anyways, that's how you can create your own walking animation without using a full body capture using lots of trackers.

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
Ok -- I couldn't wait, because I was way too curious on how that "locomotion" and "timeline" combination works to create your own walking simulation, so I setup a little test scene, and I'm really impressed how well that worked on my first try!

First I setup a basic scene with just a WoodPanel (to walk on), a base female character (collision enabled!) placed in the dead center, a cube, and an animation pattern (using the built-in animation system) consisting of four animation steps creating a circle animation, controlling a little cube (collision turned off) to go round and round:

View attachment 2018181

I then added the "CLS.cslist" (the main plugin file for the locomotion system) to the character, and in the "Custom UI" of this plugin I set "Pos Target Atom" to "Cube" -- and the character immediately started to walk towards the cube:

View attachment 2018187 View attachment 2018188

Then I started the cube's animation, and the character was following the cube around the circle -- controlled by the locomotion plugin.

Now I added the timeline plugin to the female character as well, added various "Targets" to the plugin (head, neck, lHand, rHand, lFoot, rFoot, hip) and changed the length of my animation to 40 seconds (that's about how long the character needed to do a full circle in this scene):

View attachment 2018215

Then I went to "More" --> "Record animation...", selected all the targets in the "Controls" overview, and hit "Start recording in 5...", and the timeline plugin recorded the walking animation produced by the locomotion system following the cube for 40 seconds:

View attachment 2018216

After recording has finished, you can then click on "Go to reduce screen..." and reduce the number of keyframes:

View attachment 2018222 View attachment 2018225

Done! I finally disabled the "CLS" plugin for the female character (so she didn't follow the cube anymore controlled by the "locomotion" plugin), and instead played the recorded animation from within the timeline plugin -- and the character was starting to walk around the circle without the cube even moving!

View attachment 2018242

To be fair: the recorded animation looked a bit weird, but I did not change any of the default parameters for "locomotion" and/or "timeline", so I guess with a little bit of tweaking you can get some really nice and decent animations! Also I might need to add some more "targets" to the recording, or remove some, still needs to be tested. But anyways, that's how you can create your own walking animation without using a full body capture using lots of trackers.
wow tonight wanna try it to. !!! thx bro lmao

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
bro i got this issue model cant move.the icon of personcontol diferent. pose like got lock. but i chek it doest.
how to fix this.
how to change control person icon like picture2. so i can move model.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
how to change control person icon like picture2. so i can move model.
That's... weird. Usually it's the "Allow Possess/Grab" checkbox:

1662042623598.png

But I don't know how you would do that on a "Person" atom...?!
Is this a scene available from the Hub or something? If you could send me a link to that scene, I'd like to check for myself...

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
That's... weird. Usually it's the "Allow Possess/Grab" checkbox:

View attachment 2018588

But I don't know how you would do that on a "Person" atom...?!
Is this a scene available from the Hub or something? If you could send me a link to that scene, I'd like to check for myself...
i so curious i have restart pc etc. hahaa lookslike bug from the scene. so.. i just save the look and load to another scene. problem solve. haha

Reactions: theMickey_

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
That's... weird
u right bout tab make vam crash its not normally.
so today after i have time . i zero format my nvme.
and restore my win11 os.
after i try to tab again vam+chrome+adobe premiere+photoshop.
so many tab i try vam not crash anymore ^^V

damn why am not do this a few month a go.

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
so many tab i try vam not crash anymore
Good! I'm glad to hear that you were able to fix your crashes. I haven't had any crash in VAM in months, probably because I try to keep my VAM folders clean and organized:
  • every "Look" I download, I load and test it to see if it works, and if I like it, I save the look as "Look Preset" using a template I made, so all the preview pictures look the same (and then I hide the "original" scene to have less clutter)
  • every scene I download, I load and test it, and if it works and I like it, I save it under "Animation - ..." or "Environment - ..." or "Demo - ..." to kinda sort my scenes. I again then hide (all) the original scene(s)
  • every *.var I download, which does **not** have any dependencies, is kinda "suspicious" to me. I will look into that *.var file, and if I see it has some "standard" clothes/plugins/assets packed inside, I will probably get rid of the *.var file completely -- because that's exactly what dependencies are for, to not have the same pair of shoes or the same clothes in multiple *.var files (unfortunately many C&G scenes do include those resources instead of referencing them, which is why I don't like them in general)
  • multiple subfolders in "AddonPackages" keep my folder clean and organized
Sound like a lot of work, but it's really not. Just when I download something new, I'll have to do some of the steps I just mentioned, and that's it. It keeps my VAM folders clean and organized, and I know each and everything I've installed in VAM is working properly.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Blessuall

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
Good! I'm glad to hear that you were able to fix your crashes. I haven't had any crash in VAM in months, probably because I try to keep my VAM folders clean and organized:
  • every "Look" I download, I load and test it to see if it works, and if I like it, I save the look as "Look Preset" using a template I made, so all the preview pictures look the same (and then I hide the "original" scene to have less clutter)
  • every scene I download, I load and test it, and if it works and I like it, I save it under "Animation - ..." or "Environment - ..." or "Demo - ..." to kinda sort my scenes. I again then hide (all) the original scene(s)
  • every *.var I download, which does **not** have any dependencies, is kinda "suspicious" to me. I will look into that *.var file, and if I see it has some "standard" clothes/plugins/assets packed inside, I will probably get rid of the *.var file completely -- because that's exactly what dependencies are for, to not have the same pair of shoes or the same clothes in multiple *.var files (unfortunately many C&G scenes do include those resources instead of referencing them, which is why I don't like them in general)
  • multiple subfolders in "AddonPackages" keep my folder clean and organized
Sound like a lot of work, but it's really not. Just when I download something new, I'll have to do some of the steps I just mentioned, and that's it. It keeps my VAM folders clean and organized, and I know each and everything I've installed in VAM is working properly.
Wow dude thats lot work haha. but can u make how u organizer var,and wht template u mean dude. give a tutorial best way for organizer var.
i have try var manager dude. but my var look like meesup lmao.
so for now in addonspackage. i just make a folder for look creator name and scene .

but honest after i format,vam load more fast and stable. for u all who got same issue vam crash random when tab or vam crash when load scene. u can try format ur storage.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
wht template u mean
I just have a simple "template" (as in "saved scene"), which I load when I'm about to save as look preset. That way all the screenshots basically have the same angle/light/setup and so on.

1662096353580.png

give a tutorial best way for organizer var
You can do pretty much whatever you like. I'm not using any external tools like VarManager, I just created a bunch of subfolders where I put my *.var file into:
  • <CreatorName>
    • Animation
    • Clothes
    • Environment
    • Plugin
That's pretty much it.

And about me saving all my favorite scenes (before "Hiding" the original scene): this is another way to "organize" stuff inside VAM:

1662096908755.png

I then can just search for "animation" "demo" or "environment" and don't have to remember to exact name of the original scene that I'm looking for.

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
o
I just have a simple "template" (as in "saved scene"), which I load when I'm about to save as look preset. That way all the screenshots basically have the same angle/light/setup and so on.

View attachment 2019706

You can do pretty much whatever you like. I'm not using any external tools like VarManager, I just created a bunch of subfolders where I put my *.var file into:
  • <CreatorName>
    • Animation
    • Clothes
    • Environment
    • Plugin
That's pretty much it.

And about me saving all my favorite scenes (before "Hiding" the original scene): this is another way to "organize" stuff inside VAM:

View attachment 2019712

I then can just search for "animation" "demo" or "environment" and don't have to remember to exact name of the original scene that I'm looking for.
original u mean default look and scene come with vam ?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
original u mean default look and scene come with vam ?
Correct. As you can see in my 2nd screenshot above, there are no more "scenes" (except the Benchmark one) from any *.var files -- you can only see those which I saved myself using the naming convention I feel comfortable with.

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
Correct. As you can see in my 2nd screenshot above, there are no more "scenes" (except the Benchmark one) from any *.var files -- you can only see those which I saved myself using the naming convention I feel comfortable with.
aye cap.. i see..

i want ask bout how to make my peson turnarround with animation patern.
its only working with position. but in position. char not turn move.
why not working when i chose rotation.
i have seen 1scene the person turn arround in animationpatern.
can u explain dude

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i want ask bout how to make my peson turnarround with animation patern.
Create a simple animation which moves and rotates the female character:
  • Add a base female character
    • Position: 0/0/0
    • Rotation: 0/0/0
  • Add an "Animation Pattern"
    • Position: doesn't matter (I put them to -1/1/1)
    • Rotation: doesn't matter (I put them to 0/0/0)
    • Receiver Atom: "Person" (or whatever your character is called)
    • Receiver: "control"
  • Click "Create Animation Step At End" in the "AnimationPattern" --> "Animation Pattern" tab
    • This will create a new atom in your scene called "AnimationPatternStep1"
  • Select "AnimationPatternStep1" --> "Control" --> "Move"
    • Position: 0/0/0 (where your character is at)
    • Rotation: 0/0/0 (the same rotation your character has)
  • Select "AnimationPatternStep1" --> "Animation Step" tab (the 2nd one, the green-ish one)
    • Change "Transition Time" to something like 5 seconds
    • Click "Create Step After"
      • This will create a new atom in your scene called "AnimationPatternStep2"
  • Select "AnimationPatternStep2" --> "Control" --> "Move"
    • Position: 0/0/3 (or whatever position your character should move to)
    • Rotation: 0/0/0 (keep the rotation for now the same as the one you started with)
  • Select "AnimationPatternStep2" --> "Animation Step" tab (the 2nd one, the green-ish one)
    • Change "Transition Time" to something like 5 seconds
Now your female character should move forward and backward indefinitely (because "Loop" is activated by default):

1662106266497.png

• Select "AnimationPatternStep2" --> "Control" --> "Move"
    • Rotation: 0/90/0
Now your character will turn 90 degrees while going from AnimationPatternStep1 to AnimationPatternStep2:

1662106539081.png

Add more Animations steps as you like.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Blessuall
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes