but why this cannot be move ?
its just zoom out and in..

how to fix this ?
is the scene got lock.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
MeshedVR just posted this on Discord:

"I was trying get a 2.X progress update posted on Patreon the last week or so, but I was unable to complete the video content I wanted to put in the update in time. Unfortunately I have to go out of town for several days on a family matter so the progress update won't come until next week. You may be able to figure some of what the update is about by reading my comments the last few weeks. I talked a lot about the addon system we are using internally that will also be distributed to the community for making custom content. This addon system is now fully functional and is able to send content to the runtime application. What is even better is how well that addon content loads into the runtime application. It will be night and day comparing load times between 1.X and 2.X. That is all I have time to report on until I get back to complete the update. I won't be on here for several days. Thank you all for your support."

Sounds like we will get the new addon system with the next 2.x alpha :)

Reactions: CowOwCW

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Sounds like we will get the new addon system with the next 2.x alpha
I struggle to see many issues with the current addon system outside of the packaging system scraping up useless loose crap.

Id prefer news about making the game more functionally stable, better UI, perform better and have more visual options.
While i don't have performance issues better is always better.
Stability is probbaly the biggest nail in the foot of the game right now and UI is definitely the weakest but functional part of it.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
anyone have this look btw ?choel from android become human game
Do you mean exactly the model in the picture, or do you want something similar for VAM?

This is the comment from Sally Whitemane for the picture on vamhub:
"My private Chloe model from Detroit Become Human"; so are you sure it is publicly available?

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I struggle to see many issues with the current addon system
I agree -- the current addon system is good, getting rid of those massive lose-file-collections has been overdue for way too long! But here he's talking about an addon system for the new VAM 2.x version, which they didn't had so far, so it's great to hear they're now adding it to their alpha version! And I don't mind if it's way faster than what we have today, although I'm not struggling with performance when talking about the addon system itself -- I have a fairly small and "selective" set of var files in my library (not 100's of gigabytes as other do), and it's located on a very fast M.2 NVMe, so I'm fine.

Krogothx

Oct 3, 2022
is this playable without Patreon?

if not how does the Patreon sub show up on a CC statement? Sorry I’m new to this, and new to the site. Going through a divorce and still share a credit card with the ex…I know..

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
is this playable without Patreon?

if not how does the Patreon sub show up on a CC statement? Sorry I’m new to this, and new to the site. Going through a divorce and still share a credit card with the ex…I know..
It is playable, but you can't have the the final version, only the one that's on first page of this thread. Just use the key to unlock the game.

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
...which is the final and most recent version of VaM, there will be no more updates to this.
And instead of downloading it from OP, I suggest to download it via the official updater.
Oh, I didn't know. So vam is a abandoned project? lol

Also, does anyone here knows how to use the ingame hub browser outside the game?

The hub site is really bad and doesn't have the same options as the ingame browser. Doesn't show preview, can't accept multiple arguments, etc...

I wish I could be using the browser while my game loads some scenes.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Oh, I didn't know. So vam is a abandoned project? lol
Hope they make a 2.
VaM is far away from being abandoned! But there will be no more version 1.x other than the current one.

If you just scroll up and read my post from two days ago, you'll know that version 2 is already being worked on! In fact, MeshedVR has been working on it for more than two years already, and we got some technical previews already earlier this year.

Reactions: theblackestguy

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
is there a way to load a appearance/look without the height change? I usually load appearances with the suppress scale, but it still makes a mess sometimes.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes