4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

zane02210

Dec 3, 2019
How do I adjust or turn off the audio in the scene?
This problem has been bothering me for a long time...
Every time a scene with audio is loaded, the preset will have ambient sound or a man's voice
When I want to turn them off I can't find the option at all...
Can anyone help me?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
is there a way to load a appearance/look without the height change?
With the default "Loading Look..." or "Loading (Appearance) Preset..." you can't, at least I don't know how. But there're plugins out there which can do that. I.e. if I look at the screenshots of the plugin " ", there's a "Change Scale" setting which can be enabled/disabled, so I assume that you should be able to load a look/appearance without changing the scale of your model. I've never tried it myself, but you should give it a go I guess.

How do I adjust or turn off the audio in the scene?
Depends. Sound sources can be all over the place, and there's no such thing like "mute the scene" (unless the creator of the scene has added an option to do so by adding smth. like a button or so for you to press). As sounds literally can be attached to any atom in a scene, and even been loaded through plugins and such, it's sometime hard to find all the sources if you want to disable certain sounds/music. You can always use the "Freeze Motion/Sound", but that will of course also freeze any animations together with all the sound.

1665213600061.png

If you're talking about a specific scene, share the source of that scene, and tell me what sounds you want to have disabled, and I will have a look.

Reactions: zane02210

Bfrop

Dec 22, 2017
VAM v1.20.77.9 is effectively the final iteration of this version of VAM, the dev is working on VAM 2.0 now?
Which so far isn't much more than a visual upgrade from what I'm hearing.
>Now
The Vam 2.0 is two years late if i am not mistaking.
Either he's reinventing the weel or has drowned in all the money he's getting.
I'd be paying i'd be very, very pissed.

Reactions: TacoTown

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The Vam 2.0 is two years late if i am not mistaking.
Either he's reinventing the weel or has drowned in all the money he's getting.
I'd be paying i'd be very, very pissed.
You're wrong on so many levels...
  • VaM 2.x is not "late". It was never meant to be released two years ago -- he started working on it about two years ago.
  • Yes, he's literally re-inventing the wheel, as he stated many times before (from the very beginning of 2.0 development!)
  • No, he's not drowning all the money -- he used it to hire additional staff to help with the development.
  • As a paying supporter, he (and his team) deserves any penny that they can get!
VaM 1.x -- although a bit rough on the edges and being quite "old" -- still is the best adult VR experience you can get. And I'm pretty sure 2.x will be a huge step forward and improvement compared to 1.x

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
You're wrong on so many levels...
  • VaM 2.x is not "late". It was never meant to be released two years ago -- he started working on it about two years ago.
  • Yes, he's literally re-inventing the wheel, as he stated many times before (from the very beginning of 2.0 development!)
  • No, he's not drowning all the money -- he used it to hire additional staff to help with the development.
  • As a paying supporter, he (and his team) deserves any penny that they can get!
VaM 1.x -- although a bit rough on the edges and being quite "old" -- still is the best adult VR experience you can get. And I'm pretty sure 2.x will be a huge step forward and improvement compared to 1.x
keyboard warrioring just to keyboard. Fact. So many forum posts 2 years ago anticipating a 2.0 around then. Fact. He's drowing in money all this time soaking up $30k+ a month doing nothing but prolong a project he started 5 years ago in 2017. meshedvr.jpg

Bfrop

Dec 22, 2017
And that's not all but i need to get "fact checked" on this but not by:

i suck elephant's dongs
Speaking about the 2.0 release date on the official discord is an instaban, meshed rules with an iron glove over his minions.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
So many forum posts 2 years ago anticipating a 2.0 around then. Fact.
If it's a "Fact" -- please show at least one screenshot where MeshedVR announced a 2.x release about two years ago. Wait, you can't? Oh, maybe it's because there aren't any official posts from MeshedVR himself promising a release of 2.x from "two years ago"? Oh! You're talking about some "random forum posts" from "random people" anticipating a release about two years ago -- got you! Yeah, those must be "facts", because those random strangers surely know exactly what's going on behind the scenes.

And speaking of "a project he started 5 years ago in 2017". Again, you're mixing things up. Back in 2017 (and up to 2021) he was working on VaM 1.x most of the time. But we're talking about 2.x here! He mentioned 2.x in March 2019, quote:

"2.0 is only in planning and investigation phase. I have a lot to finish with 1.X before I can put serious work into it. I know what I want to do, but it is a matter of finding time."

After that post he worked another ~2 years on fixing stuff in VaM 1.x. The Hub for example has been released end of May 2020, the integration into VaM took another couple of months. During those times he couldn't work "full time" on 2.x, so whoever thought the release of 2.x would be close, just doesn't know how those things work.

And I'm not going down that rabbit hole talking about the "insane amount of money he's drowning" from his supporters. In my opinion (yours might be different) he deserves all the money he can get to be able to work full time on VaM and to be able to hire additional staff. I guess you don't (and never have) supported VaM, so why do you even care about how much money he's making? The only ones that have a right to "complain" are those actually supporting him!

Speaking about the 2.0 release date on the official discord is an instaban, meshed rules with an iron glove over his minions.
I'm pretty sure it's your attitude towards people which got you banned, because calling me an "elephant's dong sucker" would lead to an immediate ban for sure, asking for a release date of 2.0 won't.

Reactions: eponge

zane02210

Dec 3, 2019
With the default "Loading Look..." or "Loading (Appearance) Preset..." you can't, at least I don't know how. But there're plugins out there which can do that. I.e. if I look at the screenshots of the plugin " ", there's a "Change Scale" setting which can be enabled/disabled, so I assume that you should be able to load a look/appearance without changing the scale of your model. I've never tried it myself, but you should give it a go I guess.

Depends. Sound sources can be all over the place, and there's no such thing like "mute the scene" (unless the creator of the scene has added an option to do so by adding smth. like a button or so for you to press). As sounds literally can be attached to any atom in a scene, and even been loaded through plugins and such, it's sometime hard to find all the sources if you want to disable certain sounds/music. You can always use the "Freeze Motion/Sound", but that will of course also freeze any animations together with all the sound.

View attachment 2088549

If you're talking about a specific scene, share the source of that scene, and tell me what sounds you want to have disabled, and I will have a look.
Thanks for your reply!
I am using this scene:
But I tried looking for various plugins that might be installed or individual settings for atoms
Still can't find the source of the sound...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I am using this scene: ...
I'm not sure which sound you're trying to find -- you were talking about "ambient sound" and a "male voice" earlier, but there's neither of those in this scene. The only audio you can hear in this particular scene is the girl's breathing, moaning and some occasional "body slapping" sounds, which are all triggered by the VAMMoan plugin by hazmhox, which is attached to the female character.

If you do hear other sounds in that scene -- are you able to make a short video and share it?

zane02210

Dec 3, 2019
I'm not sure which sound you're trying to find -- you were talking about "ambient sound" and a "male voice" earlier, but there's neither of those in this scene. The only audio you can hear in this particular scene is the girl's breathing, moaning and some occasional "body slapping" sounds, which are all triggered by the VAMMoan plugin by hazmhox, which is attached to the female character.

If you do hear other sounds in that scene -- are you able to make a short video and share it?
Sorry i didn't make it clear...
I'm referring to the sound of rain in this scene

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes