4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Hitamaru

May 24, 2019
hi all =) anyone have an invite from discord channel for sharing in dm ? =) pls

Last edited:

wik4mi

Feb 18, 2020
Pretty new to this. Downloaded assets that were titled with [Look] and for the files that start with Dnaddr where do I exactly put those files? Thanks in advance.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Pretty new to this. Downloaded assets that were titled with [Look] and for the files that start with Dnaddr where do I exactly put those files? Thanks in advance.
Assets you download are usually *.var files, which you have to put into the AddonPackages sub-directory of VaM (pro tip: you can create your own folder structure in the AddonPackages sub-directory to keep your files organized!). If your downloaded files are ZIP or RAR archive, then you'll need to extract them and check their content -- most of them are just a collection of multiple *.var files, so see above.

Once you've "installed" those *.var files, fire up VaM and first make sure you download all the necessary dependencies! Here I explained how to do that.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I cant add mp3 file to the scene audio, can someone help
Are you sure it's a valid MP3 file you're trying to add? Because VaM thinks it's not a valid one. Maybe it's another audio format with just a *.mp3 extension by accident?

I've attached a free MP3 sample, which I've downloaded , and which I could successfully load into VaM -- try this one to see if it works. It did work for me, here's the proof:

1666350536241.png

:ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, it really worked with the attached MP3 file, so give it a try.

Last edited:

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
Any suggestions for how to optimize the var's from vecterror and CadillacV8? They are just looks/appearances with clothes but a lot of the time they includes extra unnecessary things like props, CUA's and plugins. Having a few hundred of these vars make VAM really slow

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Any suggestions for how to optimize the var's from vecterror and CadillacV8? ...
I highly advice you to not do this, but here's how you could reduce the amount of "clutter" which those *.var files might add to your installation: unpack those *.var files (manually, or by using the integrated Package Manager) and delete all the stuff you don't want and which isn't needed for the "look" (if you just want to keep the look itself).

The issue with this is: you'll need to know exactly what's needed and what's not. And you will end up with a lot of loose files, which is not what you want. Also, if another resource has this *.var file as dependency, you'll need to re-download it again anyways (VaM doesn't know if you have the *.var file installed if it's unpacked).

So in general: you don't want to mess with *.var files. If your VaM gets "too slow" because you have "hundreds of these" bloated *.var files installed, maybe it's a better idea to get rid of some of them, because I doubt you will use all of them. 80% of them you probably don't ever use ;-)

Reactions: user330033

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
Also, if another resource has this *.var file as dependency, you'll need to re-download it again anyways (VaM doesn't know if you have the *.var file installed if it's unpacked).
Suppose that I don't re-download the var file (so I only have the loose files installed), would the dependent var still "work"?

Nash_c

Sep 10, 2018
Not sure if its the right place to ask, but does anyone know what skin texture mod o.n.a uses?

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Not sure if its the right place to ask, but does anyone know what skin texture mod o.n.a uses?
Is that even VAM? looks more like Honey select.
Maybe?

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Suppose that I don't re-download the var file (so I only have the loose files installed), would the dependent var still "work"?
It depends. It depends on which files the dependent *.var needs, and whether those are the same you kept or deleted. In any case, you will always have an unresolved "missing dependency" error after starting VaM, unless you edit that *.var file as well...

That's why I suggest to never edit any *.var files in general.

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
It depends. It depends on which files the dependent *.var needs, and whether those are the same you kept or deleted. In any case, you will always have an unresolved "missing dependency" error after starting VaM, unless you edit that *.var file as well...

That's why I suggest to never edit any *.var files in general.
I don't really care about "missing dependency" errors anymore because creators have been abusing the dependency system, adding random unnecessary dependencies that require huge downloads for no good reason. I've been manually trimming some of the worst offenders and then repacking them into a single var to cut down on the bloat, but vecterror literally has hundreds of vars and trimming them manually will take ages :(

Reactions: MrZack

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I don't really care about "missing dependency" errors anymore because creators have been abusing the dependency system, adding random unnecessary dependencies that require huge downloads for no good reason. I've been manually trimming some of the worst offenders and then repacking them into a single var to cut down on the bloat, but vecterror literally has hundreds of vars and trimming them manually will take ages :(
Maybe explaining your issue better might help?

I may suggest unpacking the VAR with the in-game file manager (Like mickey said) this useually improves load times.
If the VAR is related to a scene, load up the scene delete unwanted shit and save the scene as a new one without that crap and viola a cleaner faster loading scene.

If the VAR is a character than In my experience textures are the longest loading time files. Finding what girls use what texture and unpacking that specific var cuts down load times significantly.

Another things is CUA's (custom unity assets?) as they are models with textures too. They can often also take a while to load.

Reactions: user330033

Naipzz

Oct 17, 2019
Are you sure it's a valid MP3 file you're trying to add? Because VaM thinks it's not a valid one. Maybe it's another audio format with just a *.mp3 extension by accident?

I've attached a free MP3 sample, which I've downloaded , and which I could successfully load into VaM -- try this one to see if it works. It did work for me, here's the proof:

View attachment 2114396

:ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, it really worked with the attached MP3 file, so give it a try.
Thank youuuu

Reactions: theMickey_

wuchi

Oct 28, 2021
VAM currently stucks on it's limitations many scenes aren't interesting at all and many things just repetitions not much innovation and innovative results you mostly find on the HUB not on Patreon.
also C&G his work becomes repetitive over time the X thousands dance over and over and over

there are very few who bring some interesting ideas virtualharem for example is one of them lately nicho made some awesome timeline results which are more worth than many of those useless patreon releases combined.
And currently our GOD is on the run for innovating in new UIX ideas for VAM and Remote Character Collaboration :)
Eosin should of course be mentioned with his awesome (VR) Video Recording implementation work as well as
imakeboobies released a super nice rigging converter tool for CUAs which makes it possible to import the IK directly and make it working directly in VAM as normal nodes like any normal Person Atom which soon should make external content now fully Animateable in the VAM Pipeline :)

And he Demoed his work also with Ghast right out of Unreal from Project Helius Paralogue: Fallen Doll Operation Lovecraft

Still we are on a High RUN of new innovations by many awesome minds even in the times of our highest limitation which pushes us back for much more crazy results :)
Do you know how to use the video recording plugin you mentioned?Eosin Video Renderer?How to use this plug-in to record vr video?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes