4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Should be ok to rename, the "creator" and "package name" should be at the top of the meta.json file inside the file. Open the Var file as a zip.
But should I use the info in the .json to rename it? Or the game only uses json information and ignores filenames (so filenames aren't relevant for the game)

Btw, it's a .zip file. But it looks like a .var
1679516817128.png

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
But should I use the info in the .json to rename it? Or the game only uses json information and ignores filenames (so filenames aren't relevant for the game)

Btw, it's a .zip file. But it looks like a .var
View attachment 2487632
I think name is used for file management and version checking? unsure.
As DamnVamMan said above, the file name is on the download page and link.
for example:
1679517961335.png

Reactions: brasileirinho

Urosan

Jun 2, 2021
Been using VaM for a little while and think I've got a handle on how most things work, but had a couple of questions I couldn't find an answer for in the thread:

1. What's the best way to save customised characters? Save Look, Save Preset, through VamX's Save Look? Sometimes characters have plugins attached for hair or attachments, and the methods I tried didn't copy them over.
I'd be doing this to extract characters from Scenes, where the creator just made a scene for a single character.

2. I've got a .var from here ( Rawda the Lizard by TheOriginalBatitis), but the Scene doesn't appear in BrowserAssist, and I can't see it in the list of .vams in the Load Scene menu. Is there something I can do to diagnose this?

3. What's the best way to find and add individual clothes to a person? I know there's the Clothes menu in the Person Atom menu, but is there a way to sort/view them by tag and see images like how BrowserAssist does for scenes?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Been using VaM for a little while and think I've got a handle on how most things work, but had a couple of questions I couldn't find an answer for in the thread:

1. What's the best way to save customised characters? Save Look, Save Preset, through VamX's Save Look? Sometimes characters have plugins attached for hair or attachments, and the methods I tried didn't copy them over.
I'd be doing this to extract characters from Scenes, where the creator just made a scene for a single character.

2. I've got a .var from here ( Rawda the Lizard by TheOriginalBatitis), but the Scene doesn't appear in BrowserAssist, and I can't see it in the list of .vams in the Load Scene menu. Is there something I can do to diagnose this?

3. What's the best way to find and add individual clothes to a person? I know there's the Clothes menu in the Person Atom menu, but is there a way to sort/view them by tag and see images like how BrowserAssist does for scenes?
1. Appearance preset in vanilla. Idk about VamX. About the plugins, I don't know if there is a way to save them with the character.

2. Some ideas: Use the Show hidden checkbox; open the file and check the structure

3. Vam really struggle in this area. You can try creating clothing presets and organizing them in the appropriate folders. But, for that, you will need to use the clothes tab in the person atom menu first.

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
anyway to see this Thumnails for assetbundle ??? Screenshot 2023-03-23 222301.png
some have thumnails and some just like pict. no thumnails .

Pebble

Jun 19, 2017
Are there any morphs that help with futa/male genital/anus positioning, size, etc? The female morphs don't work on them.

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
So I recently started getting more in-depth with this game but I'm having some trouble with two main things.

First is I can't seem to load characters into scenes. I can load their preview scene fine from the scene browser but within another scene I can't load them. When I go to load a look the only options I'm given are a bunch of the default stuff and 2 or 3 of the actual custom ones I have. I tried loading Demi (from Subverse) into the scenes but it doesn't load her properly.

The other issue is the animations don't seem to work properly in a lot of the pre-made scenes. The guy's or girls' hips/head won't be aligned properly so he'll kinda just hump the air or rub his dick on her body. I've tried adjusting them but I don't see how to change it permanently, going into play mode will have them go back to the default positions.

Urosan

Jun 2, 2021
So I recently started getting more in-depth with this game but I'm having some trouble with two main things.

First is I can't seem to load characters into scenes. I can load their preview scene fine from the scene browser but within another scene I can't load them. When I go to load a look the only options I'm given are a bunch of the default stuff and 2 or 3 of the actual custom ones I have. I tried loading Demi (from Subverse) into the scenes but it doesn't load her properly.

The other issue is the animations don't seem to work properly in a lot of the pre-made scenes. The guy's or girls' hips/head won't be aligned properly so he'll kinda just hump the air or rub his dick on her body. I've tried adjusting them but I don't see how to change it permanently, going into play mode will have them go back to the default positions.
For the first one: A lot of the addons don't add the Look as a custom Appearance or Preset, just a scene. So you'll need to load the scene, go to Edit > Person Atom > Appearance General (iirc), then Save that as a custom one. Then you can load it in the same way. For overwriting characters in other scenes, you'll want to only tick Appearance when loading - selecting Physical seems to overwrite Plugins, and Pose will move them.
Demi for me doesn't load the hair - it looks like the Appearance was either made without it, or it's an object in the world that is attached after. I don't know how to duplicate that, but other addon models have the same thing - Madame M, Poison, Vora's equipment...

Any particular scenes for the second? Reign/Kitty/Zen Mocap stuff seems fine for me. You might be able to fix it by applying the DiviningRod plugin to the male - it'll re-orient the dick to work properly, but won't fix the whole pose.

Reactions: isthisfacebookplus

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020

Not sure if there are other ways to load looks, but what I do is load the scene they're originally in, then save them as an appearance preset. Now you can either make your own scene, or load another scene, add a person atom, then load the appearance preset on the person atom. This will get clothes, hair, skin and morphs on the said atom.

For the second one, the penetration issue, I've come to accept this as a virtamate flaw--I would suggest using the SexAssist plugin, it helps with the penetration. Not so sure if it also has an option for fingers or hands in mouths. Also, vamx does a good job with penetration. It always aligns. Not sure what plugin they use tho. Plus they have pre-made sex poses, + a lot of other things if you get lazy trying to animate.

For the joint adjust issues, maybe the joint controls are locked or they're off. Try playing around with other settings. :)

EDIT: photo attached.

1680387224154.png

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
For the first one: A lot of the addons don't add the Look as a custom Appearance or Preset, just a scene. So you'll need to load the scene, go to Edit > Person Atom > Appearance General (iirc), then Save that as a custom one. Then you can load it in the same way. For overwriting characters in other scenes, you'll want to only tick Appearance when loading - selecting Physical seems to overwrite Plugins, and Pose will move them.
Demi for me doesn't load the hair - it looks like the Appearance was either made without it, or it's an object in the world that is attached after. I don't know how to duplicate that, but other addon models have the same thing - Madame M, Poison, Vora's equipment...

Any particular scenes for the second? Reign/Kitty/Zen Mocap stuff seems fine for me. You might be able to fix it by applying the DiviningRod plugin to the male - it'll re-orient the dick to work properly, but won't fix the whole pose.
Maybe Demi's hair is a CUA, for that you need a plugin (i think thats "CUA Manager" on the hub) so you can save it with the appearance. Only drawback for this one is you also need to load the plugin to the scene where you want Demi to go.

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
I think I've figured out loading looks now, thanks. Haven't really gotten the chance to test it but seems simple enough.

As for the second question, these two are the main ones I noticed. The succubus one worked fine until the scene where she's bent over the table at which point it fell out mid-way through. I'll definitely check out both of the suggested plugins to help with that. Hoping the auto-enable on plugins that was recently added makes it not too much of a hassle.

On Demi not loading properly, I have CUA Manager installed already so it was probably just me attempting to load looks wrong.

Also, I was trying to load the scene "Shortstack Shenanigans" earlier but it crashed the game both with the normal version and the performance version intended for weaker PCs. The PC I'm running it on has 32GB of RAM which is the recommended amount for the normal edition so I don't understand why I can't even load the performance version with as few processes running as I can manage.

One last thing, for plugins I'd really appreciate if someone could share BootyMagic or Naturalis. TittyMagic is free but the improved ass physics plugins seem to be behind a paywall which is a huge buzzkill for ass appreciators like myself.

Last edited:

qqqqq1234

Nov 24, 2020
Also, I was trying to load the scene "Shortstack Shenanigans" earlier but it crashed the game both with the normal version and the performance version intended for weaker PCs. The PC I'm running it on has 32GB of RAM which is the recommended amount for the normal edition so I don't understand why I can't even load the performance version with as few processes running as I can manage.
I crashed loading the full version and I had to wait several minutes to load the performance version and I have a computer with all of the biggest numbers. It's just a really heavy scene for some reason.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I crashed loading the full version and I had to wait several minutes to load the performance version and I have a computer with all of the biggest numbers. It's just a really heavy scene for some reason.
Oh i remember this one, yeah its good, but holy sheet is it unstable.
I don't know why either, like what actually causes the long load times of saves? I suspect sound effects as its usually right before they are loading that VAM crashes but i haven't had much time to dig into it.

Oh if i remmber theres a small trick to a higher load chance and its done by loading files while paused.

zerotp

Apr 21, 2019
I downloaded van from this post then update it to 1.21.0.4, activated the creator key and enabled all sites and hub in the settings and still cant access the hub (failed to fetch Hub (Unkown Error), i also tried adding it to the firewall in win 10 and still got the error. anyone hav the same issues or is it just me

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes