4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
has anyone tried lately? on Quest 2 with VD my controllers just disappear. i read that the older works, but all i get is an oddly different toolbar that i can't interact with, no main menu.
Yeah. I tried it with VD, but didn't have any problems. The results weren't good, though. I used FSR because I have an AMD card, I don't know if NIS is any better.

For OPENVR FSR, there's this guide that I haven't tested yet:

duration

Aug 24, 2019
Hey Folks, Anybody knows which plugin that is? That shows GPU and CPU temprature in VaM ???
Or is it MSI AfterBurner that gives this info to the screen ?
I''ve been searching for one for a long long time, but could not find one.

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Hey Folks, Anybody knows which plugin that is? That shows GPU and CPU temprature in VaM ???
nvidia exprience if using rtx

Moomin87

Mar 13, 2023
This is just from MSI after-burner. It's using the onscreen overlay to show the system specs like GPU/CPU usage.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
This is just from MSI after-burner. It's using the onscreen overlay to show the system specs like GPU/CPU usage.
I've never understood why people are using those kinda overlays to be honest. I do understand why you want to use FPS counters once in a while, but the percentage used of your CPU and GPU, and their temperatures...?! That's just number-fucking with absolutely no further use. Either you trust in your system components, so they won't overheat, or you don't. And if it's the latter, fix it.

Your CPU and GPU should be able to run at 100% without you having to worry about its temperature. So these overlays are abso-fucking-lutely pointless.

End of my off-topic rant.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
evaw Thank you for your "facepalm" reaction to my rant in the post above (I was expecting those). I'm sure you can give at least one useful reason why you want to have those overlays of CPU/GPU usage and temperatures?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I've never understood why people are using those kinda overlays to be honest. I do understand why you want to use FPS counters once in a while, but the percentage used of your CPU and GPU, and their temperatures...?! That's just number-fucking with absolutely no further use. Either you trust in your system components, so they won't overheat, or you don't. And if it's the latter, fix it.

Your CPU and GPU should be able to run at 100% without you having to worry about its temperature. So these overlays are abso-fucking-lutely pointless.

End of my off-topic rant.
People tend to overuse them. But they are good to diagnose some problems like bottlenecks, stutters, crashes...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Are you rly so dumb? - it's software for oc.
Calling me "dumb" wasn't really necessary, wasn't it?

Dumb or not, I still don't get it -- you overclock your CPU and/or your GPU, but because you have no clue what you're doing or if you still can trust your cooling system, you then have to constantly monitor your CPU/GPU temperatures...?!

Well, isn't that exactly what I was saying in my previous post, the one you "facepalmed"?
Quote: "Your CPU and GPU should be able to run at 100% without you having to worry about its temperature."

...they are good to diagnose some problems like bottlenecks, stutters, crashes...
Funny that you mention that, when in fact: they aren't. At least not the temperature levels. If the temperatures getting to high and you panic, we're back to square one, where I said: "Either you trust in your system components, so they won't overheat, or you don't."

But that's enough off-topic gibberish from me...

• Angry
Reactions: gabbel12 and evaw

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Calling me "dumb" wasn't really necessary, wasn't it?

Dumb or not, I still don't get it -- you overclock your CPU and/or your GPU, but because you have no clue what you're doing or if you still can trust your cooling system, you then have to constantly monitor your CPU/GPU temperatures...?!

Well, isn't that exactly what I was saying in my previous post, the one you "facepalmed"?
Quote: "Your CPU and GPU should be able to run at 100% without you having to worry about its temperature."

Funny that you mention that, when in fact: they aren't. At least not the temperature levels. If the temperatures getting to high and you panic, we're back to square one, where I said: "Either you trust in your system components, so they won't overheat, or you don't."

But that's enough off-topic gibberish from me...
Well... my sister was having stutters when playing valorant, I pulled this MSI Afterburner, saw that temps were high, did some cleaning and the stutters stopped. It was probably CPU throttling. I can't say it's a must have tool, but it worked for me once or twice.

I know there are other ways to check the temps, but how do you check temps, Vsync frame cap, bottlenecks, RAM and VRAM usage, etc all at once for a quick diagnostic? I understand the tool is overrated, but it's not useless.

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Seems this thread went from VaM information to belittlement, ranting, complaining etc,. All because some ones small question of an overlay. Lets get back on topic. We are all like minded here, like it or not, we are. Let's be civil and discuss the topic of the thread.

:coffee:
if u have a weak heart u cant stay on vam thread. LMAO

reinman2001

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2019
if u have a weak heart u cant stay on vam thread. LMAO
It's not about a weak heart, it's more about being selfish. I'm tired of sifting thru a bunch of keyboard warrior rants, to get to the juice I actually came here to squeeze.

With that said, I will stop adding to the off topic discussions! Happy gaming!

Reactions: SaberVW

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Seems this thread went from VaM information to belittlement, ranting, complaining etc,. All because some ones small question of an overlay. Lets get back on topic. We are all like minded here, like it or not, we are. Let's be civil and discuss the topic of the thread.

:coffee:
Every forum I've been in my life:
- 40% rants/compaints/questions that were already answered
- 40% compaining about ranting/complaints/question that were already answered
- 20% useful information

Reactions: SaberVW and evaw

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
but the percentage used of your CPU and GPU, and their temperatures
I can understand the interest, but the statistics are far from understandable by the average user.

The best use for the usage percentages is noticing bottlenecks and potential background process usage, but even than its easier to just use TaskMan.

Temperatuder on the other hand?... oh boy do people need to realise hardware can sit comfortably at 60-70C, its fine, its not gonna die from that.
Modern hardware should only be an issue if it hits 80-90+ even than its ready to protect itself.

Ontop of this VAM is no small user of resources, the physics absolutely chunks CPU and GPU.

---

Now for the reason i came here to talk in the first place.

I for the longest time had issues with physics during large penetration, but today I found that you CAN properly edit all the physics on the body. Including the soft body/mesh physics.

Not only are there tonn's of them, but its hard to manage and keep track of what you have done.
Some of the mesh physics points are so large around the glutes that they can actually mess with penetration, seems this is part of the cause of the jittery physics issues.
When it comes to the mesh physics there no "grouping" each tiny little point needs to be managed and edited manually.

Its not something you can "teach" or explain fully sadly, it's basically takes you just getting used to the plugin (Collider Editor)

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Now for the reason i came here to talk in the first place.

I for the longest time had issues with physics during large penetration, but today I found that you CAN properly edit all the physics on the body. Including the soft body/mesh physics.

Not only are there tonn's of them, but its hard to manage and keep track of what you have done.
Some of the mesh physics points are so large around the glutes that they can actually mess with penetration, seems this is part of the cause of the jittery physics issues.
When it comes to the mesh physics there no "grouping" each tiny little point needs to be managed and edited manually.

Its not something you can "teach" or explain fully sadly, it's basically takes you just getting used to the plugin (Collider Editor)
I've heard that softbody physics is an area of knowledge that isn't well developed and documented because there is a limited scope for application. (sex games mostly)

However, any development or optimization in this field is likely to be at the cutting edge.

Reactions: Hair and Nails
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes