4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Where should I put my custom downloaded file in virt-a-mate. I have download some cloth, character and scene but don't know which folder i have to copy to make visible on making scene?

Reactions: SoulOneX

Alllexxx

Feb 19, 2023
(Auto-translated into English)

Good day !

After updating VaM from 1.20.77.9 -> 1.22.0.1, most of the scenes began to explode.
What am I doing wrong ?

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
I don't have that specific look/morph, so I will use a different morph to explain the steps, and hopefully you can reproduce them with your morph, ok?

1) I have two characters in my scene, one with a "custom morph" (which I got by loading a custom look) that the "default" character does not have. In this example I will use the "Ellie_TLOU2_New-Body" morph to demonstrate it.

Character without the morph:

Character with the morph:

2) In the second screenshot I've already figured out in what package that morph is included, and I did that by hovering the cursor on top of the "package" symbol right in front of the morph's name -- I highlighted the package in the screenshot, in this example the package is called "Androinz.Ellie_TLOU2_Modified_Fancy.5" with, of course, a ".var" extension.

3) Next I'll need to actually find that package, which should be in my "AddonPackages" subdirectory, and then I will open it with a program like 7zip, because var-files are just archives.

4) Within this archive, I'll navigate to the following subdirectory: "Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" and then, based on the type of morph, either "female" or in your case probably "female_genitalia". There I will hopefully find a morph with the name I'm looking for, and it should have two files with that name, one with the .vmb extension and the other with an .vmi extension -- extract those!

Tip: as those names can be totally random, if you don't find the name you're looking for, just extract all those morphs from that directory.

5) Last step: Place those two files you've just extracted into the "Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" and then "female" or "female_genitalia" sub-directory (depending on from where you've extracted them) of your main VaM directory:

Restart VaM, and those morphs should now be available to all your characters:

Hope that helps.

// EDIT: I just realized, the morph/look I used in this example is the same look you were talking about. I don't know why my brain thought "Nah, I don't have this look, so I will demonstrate it with a different morph."
worked! Thank you.

Reactions: theMickey_

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
all i know var what is legecy and loss file it is a dependent file that come with custom file?
By loose files, I mean files that are not packed as archive. Sorry I picked up this term modding Bethesda games.
Generally most things that is not var files, but claims to be VAM content, usually goes into Custom folder.
Sometimes when creator doesn't manage to package it correctly, will also have extra zip or rar file, for files to be copied into Custom folder.

Some creators doesn't even bother to create var files themselves, and expect you to have a mess of loose files in Custom folder.

Reactions: DrakeOnLand

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any links/crack for the latest 1.22 version? The updater won't work for me
Have you tried to download the updater from instead? Does this one work for you? And if not, what's the error you're getting?

Also, as for a "crack": you only need "keys" to unlock the different editions, end they're linked in OP -- the keys for version 1.21 still work with 1.22.

Reactions: OctagramMax

andy4200

Dec 4, 2018
just update to 1.22.0.1 everything is work.
View attachment 2451510
maybe ur connection
All i did was scrap my VaM, then Got a fresh 1, since i think it was so loose after messing up Organizer, it errored trying to update to latest. thats also why i scrapped it (200+ gbs of duplicates) but i cant even get to initial updater UI, this error is upon launch.. Do i need to be on a certain version? I've never had this problem before, its ever a fresh copy.. Only thing i did prior to trying to update was update any dependencies via hub, just to make sure everything it had was up to date, just to be safe... ‍♂ Aside from all that though, the game launches fine, loads scenes fine, no issues there..

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
All i did was scrap my VaM, then Got a fresh 1, since i think it was so loose after messing up Organizer, it errored trying to update to latest. thats also why i scrapped it (200+ gbs of duplicates) but i cant even get to initial updater UI, this error is upon launch.. Do i need to be on a certain version? I've never had this problem before, its ever a fresh copy.. Only thing i did prior to trying to update was update any dependencies via hub, just to make sure everything it had was up to date, just to be safe... ‍♂ Aside from all that though, the game launches fine, loads scenes fine, no issues there..
try use option call Sycn Core before ur update. in updater ,menu.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
What's this all about..? Thanks
You're using a very old version of the Updater itself (it shows "Launcher v2.1.0.0" in your screenshot, the current version is "Launcher v2.6.0.0"), that's probably why you have these issues.

See the post just above yours on how to get the current version, and then try again.

Jan 26, 2019
Have you tried to download the updater from instead? Does this one work for you? And if not, what's the error you're getting?

Also, as for a "crack": you only need "keys" to unlock the different editions, end they're linked in OP -- the keys for version 1.21 still work with 1.22.
Sorry for the late reply, but i am using the latest patreon version of the updater. I've been getting the error on the print always on the same % and my vam stopped working since i tried to update from 1.20.77.9 last week. I think i've got to try a fresh install. EDIT: Same error occurs when trying to sync/repair

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i am using the latest patreon version of the updater.
With the latest version, either try the "Options" --> Sync/Repair All" before updating, or just copy the updater to an empty directory and download a full version of VaM. After that, you should be able to just copy your installed "AddonPackages", "Custom" and "Saves" file to the new version.

Reactions: hungryformelons

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
What are those new 'save overlay preset' and 'store preset name in scene' options?

And how do I use that DAZ import thingy in the misc tab?

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes