4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
does anyone here knows how to use a private morph? I have a custom look that uses a morph named X. But when I try to use the same morph on other character, the morph X doesnt appear as available.

I think its somehow private. But how can I use the morph in this case?

✵Delon✵

Jul 7, 2017
Good morning. please share this plugin. VAM Translations 1.1
Currently the following languages are provided:
German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Polish, Czech.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Good morning. please share this plugin. VAM Translations 1.1
Currently the following languages are provided:
German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Polish, Czech.
Unless you have not read this answer a multiple times in this thread already, and seen the Mods clear warning, not to request assets in this thread, I suggest you read the forum rules, and post assets requests in the Asset Request section of the forum...

Here: https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/
Rules for posting requests here: https://f95zone.to/threads/asset-requesting-rules-instructions-2021-08-18.22924/

Warning from Mod here: https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-mate-v1-21-0-4-meshed-vr.6881/post-10161016

Last edited:

✵Delon✵

Jul 7, 2017
Unless you have not read this answer a multiple times in this thread already, and seen the Mods clear warning, not to request assets in this thread, I suggest you read the forum rules, and post assets requests in the Asset Request section of the forum
Excuse me, please! I'll be more careful next time

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
We just don't want them to lock down this thread, as it is a helpful resource by both season and new users.

faleluhi97

May 26, 2021
Is there any plugin to make vam faster and lighter 200 gb it has and most of them copy like tittymagic 61 tittymagic 71 any copy deleter plugin or like that ?

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
there are some tools that does this, but they are a risky affair... they prune duplicate resources from packages, but well, it can go bad...

There are simpler tools that just delete old packages, but considering some creators misunderstanding of a revision system, that might mean it can delete packages you need.

Reactions: faleluhi97

fectah12

Dec 20, 2022
If anyone else is annoyed by Kemono's .var downloads, I asked chatGPT to whip this basic python zip renamer up. It can fix badly named .var/.zip files by looking for the intended name inside the meta.json. I did not find a way to extract the correct file version so all renamed files will end in ".1.var" so be careful in case that's important.

Python:
import os
import json
import zipfile

# Look for .zip and .var files in the current directory
zip_files = [f for f in os.listdir('.') if f.endswith('.zip') or f.endswith('.var')]

# Store the old and new filenames in a list
renamed_files = []

# Iterate over the .zip and .var files
for file_name in zip_files:
    # Open the file
    with zipfile.ZipFile(file_name) as zf:
        # Check if the file contains a "meta.json" file
        if 'meta.json' in zf.namelist():
            # Read the "meta.json" file
            with zf.open('meta.json') as f:
                meta = json.load(f)
                # Extract the "packageName" and "creatorName" values
                package_name = meta['packageName']
                creator_name = meta['creatorName']
                # Construct the new filename
                new_filename = f"{creator_name}.{package_name}.1.var"
                # Check if the new filename is already in the list of zip files
                if new_filename in zip_files:
                    print(f"Skipping {new_filename}, it already exists in the list of zip files.")
                else:
                    # Add the old and new filenames to the list
                    renamed_files.append((file_name, new_filename))

# Show the old and new filenames together
for old_filename, new_filename in renamed_files:
    print(f"{old_filename} >> {new_filename}")

# Prompt the user before renaming the files
confirm = input("Rename all files? (y/n): ")
if confirm.lower() == 'y':
        os.rename(old_filename, new_filename)

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
If you don't mind -- what custom look are you talking about, and what specific morph? I then might be able to test it any maybe find a solution.
faye.png
ellie.png

the second picture has the presets that I want, and in the first they don't appear.

Do you have any idea how to use them? I want the genital morph

banananos

Apr 30, 2017
If anyone else is annoyed by Kemono's .var downloads, I asked chatGPT to whip this basic python zip renamer up. It can fix badly named .var/.zip files by looking for the intended name inside the meta.json. I did not find a way to extract the correct file version so all renamed files will end in ".1.var" so be careful in case that's important.

Python:
import os
import json
import zipfile

# Look for .zip and .var files in the current directory
zip_files = [f for f in os.listdir('.') if f.endswith('.zip') or f.endswith('.var')]

# Store the old and new filenames in a list
renamed_files = []

# Iterate over the .zip and .var files
for file_name in zip_files:
    # Open the file
    with zipfile.ZipFile(file_name) as zf:
        # Check if the file contains a "meta.json" file
        if 'meta.json' in zf.namelist():
            # Read the "meta.json" file
            with zf.open('meta.json') as f:
                meta = json.load(f)
                # Extract the "packageName" and "creatorName" values
                package_name = meta['packageName']
                creator_name = meta['creatorName']
                # Construct the new filename
                new_filename = f"{creator_name}.{package_name}.1.var"
                # Check if the new filename is already in the list of zip files
                if new_filename in zip_files:
                    print(f"Skipping {new_filename}, it already exists in the list of zip files.")
                else:
                    # Add the old and new filenames to the list
                    renamed_files.append((file_name, new_filename))

# Show the old and new filenames together
    print(f"{old_filename} >> {new_filename}")

# Prompt the user before renaming the files
confirm = input("Rename all files? (y/n): ")
if confirm.lower() == 'y':
        os.rename(old_filename, new_filename)

I'm not too familiar with python, so i can't confirm/test it myself, but i suspect there should be a way to use the old filename ending in {version#}.var to append the existing version name.

fectah12

Dec 20, 2022
I'm not too familiar with python, so i can't confirm/test it myself, but i suspect there should be a way to use the old filename ending in {version#}.var to append the existing version name.
Oh for sure. I would say give it a shot with chatGPT, it should be able to extend this with the functionality you want if you describe it well enough. In my case, I don't usually have the previous version so it hasn't been a big deal.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Do you have any idea how to use them?
I don't have that specific look/morph, so I will use a different morph to explain the steps, and hopefully you can reproduce them with your morph, ok?

1) I have two characters in my scene, one with a "custom morph" (which I got by loading a custom look) that the "default" character does not have. In this example I will use the "Ellie_TLOU2_New-Body" morph to demonstrate it.

Character without the morph:

1678100199951.png

Character with the morph:

1678100216208.png

2) In the second screenshot I've already figured out in what package that morph is included, and I did that by hovering the cursor on top of the "package" symbol right in front of the morph's name -- I highlighted the package in the screenshot, in this example the package is called "Androinz.Ellie_TLOU2_Modified_Fancy.5" with, of course, a ".var" extension.

3) Next I'll need to actually find that package, which should be in my "AddonPackages" subdirectory, and then I will open it with a program like 7zip, because var-files are just archives.

4) Within this archive, I'll navigate to the following subdirectory: "Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" and then, based on the type of morph, either "female" or in your case probably "female_genitalia". There I will hopefully find a morph with the name I'm looking for, and it should have two files with that name, one with the .vmb extension and the other with an .vmi extension -- extract those!

1678100651392.png

Tip: as those names can be totally random, if you don't find the name you're looking for, just extract all those morphs from that directory.

5) Last step: Place those two files you've just extracted into the "Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" and then "female" or "female_genitalia" sub-directory (depending on from where you've extracted them) of your main VaM directory:

1678100994298.png

Restart VaM, and those morphs should now be available to all your characters:

1678101144054.png

Hope that helps.

// EDIT: I just realized, the morph/look I used in this example is the same look you were talking about. I don't know why my brain thought "Nah, I don't have this look, so I will demonstrate it with a different morph."

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022
I downloaded the Alpacalabs Scene from Komono, but the file was Zip extension. I changed that extension to Var, but it is not recognized by Vam package manager. Can anyone help me?

Galin

May 5, 2017
I downloaded the Alpacalabs Scene from Komono, but the file was Zip extension. I changed that extension to Var, but it is not recognized by Vam package manager. Can anyone help me?
before you Download just copy the Filename from the Link, then rightclick the Link to start DL, in the Download window replace the *.zip Filename with your copied Filename, save

Reactions: sogetthis

ub3rmaan

Dec 13, 2020
Are you sure you needed to rename it? It could be a folder you need to unzip and the var is inside of it. If you share the link to the page someone can help you, otherwise we are just guessing.

Oct 29, 2022
Are you sure you needed to rename it? It could be a folder you need to unzip and the var is inside of it. If you share the link to the page someone can help you, otherwise we are just guessing.
thanks for reply. Unfortunately theres no var file inside. The zip file structure is like a var file. So I just renamed zip to var, but it's not working. Here is a one of link :

Galin

May 5, 2017
thanks for reply. Unfortunately theres no var file inside. The zip file structure is like a var file. So I just renamed zip to var, but it's not working. Here is a one of link :
You need to follow the Var-File-Naming-Convention:
<Creator>.<Name>.<Version>.var

var
is NOT a valid var Filename!

Reactions: sogetthis

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Hey folks, in some scenes, when I click on Female Atom-->Appearence-->Select Appearance. And then choosing the apperance of some other model(girl), sometimes, not always, but sometimes, in some scenes it does not import correctly the genitals textures, as you may see on a screenshot. Maybe somebody can advise on how can I fix that? View attachment 2423030
A bug, as far as I can tell. Sometimes reloading the texture worked for me. Remember the file path, remove texture, add texture. Sometimes only a hard reset worked.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes