4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Hi...need some help...
I have a appearance that doesent load corectly. every time I load it its like the game is ussing the "merge appearance", but that one isnt turned on. and If I try with it he game me same results...
Any ideas how to fix?
Someone?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
This is not an easy one to answer, because your question is too vague/generic.
  • What's the appearance you're having an issue with? Name (or link) the *.VAR file which contains the appearance
  • Share some screenshots before/after loading the appearance to demonstrate your issue
Then we might be able to help you...

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
Had the same occurence but only twice with two different scenes and looks. Tried to load them up again but twas normal.

Without getting specific, for me it was a muscular orc futa look that I loaded onto an old man. The result was a fat futa orc with the textures of the old man. It was weird but it worked for me at the time :ROFLMAO:

futanon

Sep 17, 2022
You could do this pretty easily on a fresh self created scene by yourself with VamX and or the "Alive" plugin. VamX (has a built in tutorial) basically is a pretty easy to use sandbox with simplyfied custom UI to choose various poses and animations. There is no adjustment needed for the fun scenes. If your VaM installation is bloated, and you do not have a high end rig, I do not reccomend VamX. But if you are giving a fuck on loading times, then you could still give it a shot.
Alive is, well to awaken the character to life. The character acts lifelike and reacts to touches, teases and everything else. Sounds included! Automatically starts to suck on something for example, whatever you put in his/her mouth. You can also enable thrust, ride and other animations in the plugin options. The animations do look really clean. Disable head gaze if you don't want the characters head to spaz out, and if you are using glance or just want clean eye contact, disable eye focus as well. Iam not using the very latest version of the plugin though. You can also adjust the personality. Before I was using Emotion, but this is on a whole other level.
i tried but i was pretty dissatisfied, ive been trying to replace the futa with another one but i just cant get the hang of this overcomplicated bs, imma just give up, waste of time and was not worth a try

Arius Zauber

Oct 15, 2016
I have a question.
Can you assume direct control of created charater and do things, like walking and fuck others ? (In desctop version specifically)
Or you can only control them like puppeteer ?

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Had the same occurence but only twice with two different scenes and looks. Tried to load them up again but twas normal.

Without getting specific, for me it was a muscular orc futa look that I loaded onto an old man. The result was a fat futa orc with the textures of the old man. It was weird but it worked for me at the time :ROFLMAO:
at me is woman to woman. others char load normaly

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
This is not an easy one to answer, because your question is too vague/generic.
  • What's the appearance you're having an issue with? Name (or link) the *.VAR file which contains the appearance
  • Share some screenshots before/after loading the appearance to demonstrate your issue
Then we might be able to help you...
ist a custom appearance (down bellow).
and then you have the preset appearance and the look after load. (some morphs missing, texture error). 1689161976228.png 1689162083262.png 1689162123546.png 1689162239648.png
in the past when I was loading custom ones normaly the char will disepear till the new texture was load. for thing one appearance its automaticaly loading as "use merge load" option. after load has custom in game skin/iris and the texture over that make it look like this.
if need more info I can do.
ty

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
ist a custom appearance (down bellow).
Unfortunately I'm unable to test it myself, 'cause I'm missing a lot of those dependencies -- and because it's not a *.VAR file, I can't just automatically download all missing dependencies in one go.

That being said: I had a quick look at the *.VAP file you shared, and I can see that it only contains certain morph values, but not as many as I would have expected -- that's probably why it's only changing those morphs on load and leave everything else "untouched, and therefore it seems like it's doing a "merge" load (same goes for missing textures and such).

Here's what I'd suggest: in your last screenshot it seems you're able to successfully load a preset (not an appearance preset though, maybe it's just a scene...), right? If so, load the working scene, select the model, and save an appearance preset yourself. VaM then should save ALL the necessary information you'll need to load the appearance in any scene.

Hope that helps!

Aug 4, 2021
i tried but i was pretty dissatisfied, ive been trying to replace the futa with another one but i just cant get the hang of this overcomplicated bs, imma just give up, waste of time and was not worth a try
Have you saved the desired look as an appearence preset? If it is the same height, there should not be a problem on loading atleast by replacing it. What excactly does not work? Animations do not line up correctly?

pbam

May 22, 2018
I hadn't run my vam in like 2 weeks. booted it up and it updated. did something change with the new patch? I could have sworn the plugin tab in the edit button had a search button. I think it also messed up some plugins like naturalis. not sure what else was busted.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Unfortunately I'm unable to test it myself, 'cause I'm missing a lot of those dependencies -- and because it's not a *.VAR file, I can't just automatically download all missing dependencies in one go.

That being said: I had a quick look at the *.VAP file you shared, and I can see that it only contains certain morph values, but not as many as I would have expected -- that's probably why it's only changing those morphs on load and leave everything else "untouched, and therefore it seems like it's doing a "merge" load (same goes for missing textures and such).

Here's what I'd suggest: in your last screenshot it seems you're able to successfully load a preset (not an appearance preset though, maybe it's just a scene...), right? If so, load the working scene, select the model, and save an appearance preset yourself. VaM then should save ALL the necessary information you'll need to load the appearance in any scene.

Hope that helps!
the last ss wast with all custom skin off. was in the same scene with same appearance loaded. but still was miising morphs. the appearance preset was working fine....but I remember that after editing something I wanted to save but keping the orginal image (the one shared in rar) after save I pressed the 2nd save option in red and quit (I did it fast and IDK why). just the 2nd day I saw that isnt working...
but can I ask what morphs you saw? so like this I can recreate it best I can.
ty

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I have a question.
Can you assume direct control of created charater and do things, like walking and fuck others ? (In desctop version specifically)
There might be a way to do this. But it wouldn't be a simple operation.

Maybe you could try to use the complete locomotion system plugin - CLS ( ) and use the shortcut plugin to move the target that the CLS follows. And the embody plugin to enable the first person view. This is just an ideia. I have no clue if it would work.

Reactions: Arius Zauber

Arius Zauber

Oct 15, 2016
There might be a way to do this. But it wouldn't be a simple operation.

Maybe you could try to use the complete locomotion system plugin - CLS ( ) and use the shortcut plugin to move the target that the CLS follows. And the embody plugin to enable the first person view. This is just an ideia. I have no clue if it would work.
I see, so there is no easy option for this.
Thanks for answer.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
I wonder if they should have posted this before starting their little crackdown?

Aug 4, 2021
I have a question.
Maybe this is the thing you are looking for
I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like you can just command persons without adding animations.

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
I wonder if they should have posted this before starting their little crackdown?
That seems fair, I mean this is a pirate website and all but that seems to target people who profit over free content within the VAM hub ecosystem.

I wonder who and what triggered that crackdown, and if that person's content is here :KEK:

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes