4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Ive got a beefy rig, 7900xtx, 32 gb of ram, and 5900x. Only with intensive scenes the game crawls, and the issue is its not using both gpu and cpu. GiveMeFps works but the cost to visuals is too big and unnecessary when the scenes themselves are just not using resources.
The main performance problem is hair physics. Some authors make their looks with a ludicrously high hair multiplier to look good on screenshots. The downside is that it kills the performance.

One other thing you could try is to disable advanced colliders, or download the collider editor plugin and edit the colliders.

GivemeFPS can cap the hair physics. I think that below 20 is a must, and around 15 the best compromise between looks and performance. Just increase hair width 20~50% to offset the lower multiplier. Also, don't limit lights, the impact in performance is negligible but it lowers quality significantly, if I recall correctly.

krater458

Feb 23, 2021
Have you tried to run the benchmark as I recommended to you earlier? What are your results?
I did. Was getting 120+ fps in each of the different simulations. Turns out brasileirinho was right. Hair physics on certain characters is the culprit. Along with certain light intensities. But for some odd reason rather than peg the gpu or cpu, it just doesn't want to use either that much. I guess this is where the wait for vam 2 is real. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Reactions: theMickey_

Shadyacres

Nov 18, 2017
are the "Installation Instructions" from the same author posted on kemono as well. Took me like 2 minutes to find them ;-)
so, after adding that dll, I still am not seeing a lot of the looks I've downloaded.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
so, after adding that dll, I still am not seeing a lot of the looks I've downloaded.
The .DLL was not meant to help you see those looks, it's only purpose is to help you load looks from scenes if there are scenes for the looks you want.

Speaking of: the first reply you got about your question was something along the line of "some looks only come as scenes, you'll have to load that scene and save the look yourself before you can load them". I might add that some looks only come as "Look presets" or "Appearance preset" without any scenes, and you can only use them by loading those presets.

But without knowing which looks you're talking about, we can't be more specific on why you won't see that look -- so can you give us an example of a look you've downloaded and can't see? Preferable with a link to that look so we can download and test it as well.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
why vam not using my cpu when benchmarking.
First, as far as I know VaM is not optimized to use your full CPU power, especially the physics engine (or parts of it) only runs on a single core IIRC. That's why the CPU usually is the limiting factor when it comes to more powerful (where there's more physics envolved) scenes. And that's why you'll probably never see VaM using your CPU to its full power -- a single core might get 100%, but all of your CPU? I doubt that...

Second: looking at your GPU -- it's at 100%. So why should the CPU use more of its power to "feed stuff" into your GPU if your GPU can't handle any more?

At least that's how I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Shadyacres

Nov 18, 2017
The .DLL was not meant to help you see those looks, it's only purpose is to help you load looks from scenes if there are scenes for the looks you want.

Speaking of: the first reply you got about your question was something along the line of "some looks only come as scenes, you'll have to load that scene and save the look yourself before you can load them". I might add that some looks only come as "Look presets" or "Appearance preset" without any scenes, and you can only use them by loading those presets.

But without knowing which looks you're talking about, we can't be more specific on why you won't see that look -- so can you give us an example of a look you've downloaded and can't see? Preferable with a link to that look so we can download and test it as well.
ahhh. I c. I seem to have misunderstood. SO whats the process for saving a look, from a scene, so that I can use it in another scene? Is it as simple as saving it as a preset or something?

Aug 4, 2021
Hate to tell you, but the 5900x isn't the best for gaming. Frequency usually triumphs cores in this scenario.
(Exception being certain workload favor quick memory/ cache, e.g. the 5800X3D/ 7800X3D...)

32gb can also be on the low side for the badly optimized beast that is VaM currently.
If you need to use Windows swap file, that could tank some performance.
I had some bad time with VaM before I upgraded to 128gb.
I only have 16GB Ram and I set my pagefile to 50GB. I have no problem with crashing or whatsoever.

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
First, as far as I know VaM is not optimized to use your full CPU power, especially the physics engine (or parts of it) only runs on a single core IIRC. That's why the CPU usually is the limiting factor when it comes to more powerful (where there's more physics envolved) scenes. And that's why you'll probably never see VaM using your CPU to its full power -- a single core might get 100%, but all of your CPU? I doubt that...

Second: looking at your GPU -- it's at 100%. So why should the CPU use more of its power to "feed stuff" into your GPU if your GPU can't handle any more?

At least that's how I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong.
yeah but honestly i got big drop fps when load 4-5 person lmao.
but i accept it. am use laptop not pc.
i always use this laptop as my work. and make scene with vam.
than using my home pc.

I only have 16GB Ram and I set my pagefile to 50GB. I have no problem with crashing or whatsoever.
how to set thats pagefile ?
i just have 24gb.

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Screenshot 2023-07-18 230416.jpg
anyone can explain what a diffrent using phy=3 and phy=1 ?
where the effect this cap for our look ?

i just know if i using cap 3 it eat FPS more
but if i using cap 1 my fps will boost.

CMIIW

Aug 4, 2021
yeah but honestly i got big drop fps when load 4-5 person lmao.
but i accept it. am use laptop not pc.
i always use this laptop as my work. and make scene with vam.
than using my home pc.

how to set thats pagefile ?
i just have 24gb.
I explained it here on page 231 https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-mate-v1-20-77-9-meshed-vr.6881/post-11184050

View attachment 2780718
anyone can explain what a diffrent using phy=3 and phy=1 ?
where the effect this cap for our look ?

i just know if i using cap 3 it eat FPS more
but if i using cap 1 my fps will boost.

CMIIW
Thats the update rate of the physics. Setting it to the lowest settings makes the breasts for example very laggy because the physics do not update as fast anymore. Scale down her hair to 12 as well as the hair density (top left and right in the hair item physics tab) for a good fps boost.

I rather not have a pagefile on my SSD.
Having it starting and ending at the same file size, there should be not a problem. Setting the starting size at a way lower level, the operating system has to do alot of work in the background to extend the pagefile more and more.

bluehope

Jul 14, 2023
Anyone here using this plugin:Realtime_LipSync. Why I put audio files in Lipsync Folder but ingame it does not have any audio popup in atom plugin to speak?

Steele1

Nov 20, 2019
There was a post on the hub for a Megumin model called "explosion lady" Its been taken down, and its not on the guys kemono either. I had previously posted a link to it in this thread, but the mega link is down. Does

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes