4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

duration

Aug 24, 2019
I have a BJ scene, which contains a chair(a furniture atom), a guy(an atom), sitting on that chair, a girl(an atom), doing a BJ for the guy, and a few clicking buttons(right next to them). One button is cumshot button and another button is Clean-up button. So, either of those two buttons can be clicked by moving a mouse cursor right on them and making a left-mouse-click.

Question: is there any plugin existing for VAM that would allow to do the following: instead of moving a mouse cursor right on the button to making a left-mouse-click on it, instead to bind that action to a particular keyboard key, for example a 'spacebar' key. So, instead of moving a mouse cursor right on a button(Atom) and make a left-mouse-click, I could just press spacebar on my keyboard and it would do the same. So the Button(atom) in the Scene(Cumshot button, for example), would no longer be needed to be clicked(or triggered) only just by the mouse, but also by 'spacebar' key (on the keyboard). I hope my question is quite clear :)

Is there any plugin that would allow doing that???

JenjenXX

Apr 13, 2023
It depends, if you use VR or Desktop Mode. Desktop performes WAY better than VR.

Iam running a Ryzen 5 5600 overclocked to the brim and a GTX 1080ti also overclocked. I prefer 1080p.
Tbh load times are the real Issue.
My VaM (around 150GB) is placed on a M2 SSD with 3GB/s speed read and write (I know there are better ones) but some scenes take minutes to load. I only have 16GB of RAM so I tweaked the pagefile abit. VaM never crashed since then.
I also extended the gpu timeout time with regedit to give VaM more time to cache the textures otherwise it often crashes when loading 4k or 8k body textures.
Also you can tweak the GPU settings in windows for example for nvidia, force VaM to NOT use power saving mode, set anistrophic filtering for VaM to "high performance" and so on.
I also finetuned and debloated my windows installation as good as I could to let the operating system draws as less memory, CPU and GPU ussage as possible.
In VR (depends on the scene of course) ussually I get 50-60fps in a 2 Person scene. 3some scenes are playable as well in VR with 30-40 FPS. (Tbh those "low" FPS are not THAT bad when playing in VR) I often use only 1 or 2 light sources.
I leave soft body physics set to off, because it draws ALOT of CPU. High quality physics are just fine Imo.
Desktop FPS are usually between 60-100 (Also depending on the scene!)
Hair is the real FPS killer in VaM. Body hair, and especially complex long women hair.
My fps are dropping below 20 when a character has long 4k hair. Toning the hair physics down per hair Preset or replacing it + removing male hair is always recommended. If you are playing in POV you dont need male hair anyways.
I have a similiar setup, same Ryzen and RAM. How have you adjusted the pagefile?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is it still only VR or did that change?
VaM has a desktop mode. It's actually been around for a while, but I've been using it for so long I don't actually know how well that option is advertised.
I'm not sure where this "VR only" comes from, because since I use VaM (has been 5-6 years at least, I started with version 1.5 or so...) it always had a Desktop mode. That being said -- the real beauty of VaM is the VR part of it ;-)

Reactions: Torsang

naughtyvam

Jan 15, 2023
I'm not sure where this "VR only" comes from, because since I use VaM (has been 5-6 years at least, I started with version 1.5 or so...) it always had a Desktop mode. That being said -- the real beauty of VaM is the VR part of it ;-)
Coincidentally, 1.5 is when desktop mode was added (as an alpha feature according to the patreon).

• Haha
Reactions: theMickey_
Aug 4, 2021
I have a similiar setup, same Ryzen and RAM. How have you adjusted the pagefile?
Capture.JPG

If you set it like this, windows does NOT start with a small pagefile and extend it more and more which also draws quite alot of CPU. I don't like having the pagefile on the system partition.
Also check your autostart with CCleaner (free version is more than enough). There are alot of hidden shit like msedge update and unessesary shit which always runs in the background. You can permanently delete alot of system apps with Revo uninstaller as well if you are planning to use as much resources for VaM as possible. It also helps in all games you play btw.
It does quite make a difference. Skyrim with +600 mods for example does not crash anymore with the adjusted pagefile.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kaseijin

JenjenXX

Apr 13, 2023
View attachment 2753429

If you set it like this, windows does NOT start with a small pagefile and extend it more and more which also draws quite alot of CPU. I don't like having the pagefile on the system partition.
Also check your autostart with CCleaner (free version is more than enough). There are alot of hidden shit like msedge update and unessesary shit which always runs in the background. You can permanently delete alot of system apps with Revo uninstaller as well if you are planning to use as much resources as possible.
It does quite make a difference. Skyrim with +600 mods for example does not crash anymore with the adjusted pagefile.
Mine is 12gb.. so you mean set the page file to a smaller size helps with performance?

Aug 4, 2021
Mine is 12gb.. so you mean set the page file to a smaller size helps with performance?
Maybe it speeds up the loading times abit if you only have 16GB of ram. The main reason is, to let VaM use as much RAM as needed to prevent crashes. It's not the ultimate solution but it helps.
Maybe the RAM consumtion will be lower when VaM 2.0 is released.
For performance, you can tweak the nvidia settings and disable any background recording crap like gamebar and or shadowplay. It gives a 5-15fps performance boost depending on your hardware.

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
guys, need some help.

1688831870798.png

downloaded this cloth from kemono and it has a lot of customized variations. But every variation that I click doesnt work.

erros like:

!> Error during texture load: Path Custom/Clothing/Shared/FreePacks/pixabay/polka-dots-2811537_1920 BW.jpg is not valid
!> Error during texture load: Path Custom/Clothing/Shared/FreePacks/pixabay/polka-dots-2811537_1920 BW.jpg is not valid

does anyone here have this cloth without erros or knows how to fix it?

3D_Adict

Oct 18, 2020
I have a BJ scene, which contains a chair(a furniture atom), a guy(an atom), sitting on that chair, a girl(an atom), doing a BJ for the guy, and a few clicking buttons(right next to them). One button is cumshot button and another button is Clean-up button. So, either of those two buttons can be clicked by moving a mouse cursor right on them and making a left-mouse-click.

Question: is there any plugin existing for VAM that would allow to do the following: instead of moving a mouse cursor right on the button to making a left-mouse-click on it, instead to bind that action to a particular keyboard key, for example a 'spacebar' key. So, instead of moving a mouse cursor right on a button(Atom) and make a left-mouse-click, I could just press spacebar on my keyboard and it would do the same. So the Button(atom) in the Scene(Cumshot button, for example), would no longer be needed to be clicked(or triggered) only just by the mouse, but also by 'spacebar' key (on the keyboard). I hope my question is quite clear :)

Is there any plugin that would allow doing that???
someone here asked same question on the hub ,Acid bubbles keybindings plugin

• Red Heart
Reactions: duration

ergo36

Oct 24, 2021
guys, need some help.

View attachment 2754441

downloaded this cloth from kemono and it has a lot of customized variations. But every variation that I click doesnt work.

erros like:

does anyone here have this cloth without erros or knows how to fix it?
You need also the .

Reactions: theblackestguy

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Hi...need some help...
I have a appearance that doesent load corectly. every time I load it its like the game is ussing the "merge appearance", but that one isnt turned on. and If I try with it he game me same results...
Any ideas how to fix?

Last edited:

futanon

Sep 17, 2022
man this shit is beyond hard, i wanna make futa on male content with it and i wanna do it the easy way by just taking a scene already made by somebody and replacing the characters but even that is nearly impossible for me to do

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Kaseijin and evaw

Comfortzone

Jul 11, 2023
this is a long shot but does anyone per chance have a key for 1.22 or am i gonna have to bite the bullet and cough up the dough?

Aug 4, 2021
man this shit is beyond hard, i wanna make futa on male content with it and i wanna do it the easy way by just taking a scene already made by somebody and replacing the characters but even that is nearly impossible for me to do
You could do this pretty easily on a fresh self created scene by yourself with VamX and or the "Alive" plugin. VamX (has a built in tutorial) basically is a pretty easy to use sandbox with simplyfied custom UI to choose various poses and animations. There is no adjustment needed for the fun scenes. If your VaM installation is bloated, and you do not have a high end rig, I do not reccomend VamX. But if you are giving a fuck on loading times, then you could still give it a shot.
Alive is, well to awaken the character to life. The character acts lifelike and reacts to touches, teases and everything else. Sounds included! Automatically starts to suck on something for example, whatever you put in his/her mouth. You can also enable thrust, ride and other animations in the plugin options. The animations do look really clean. Disable head gaze if you don't want the characters head to spaz out, and if you are using glance or just want clean eye contact, disable eye focus as well. Iam not using the very latest version of the plugin though. You can also adjust the personality. Before I was using Emotion, but this is on a whole other level.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes