4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
This thing has a hell of a learning curve for a sex simulator. Though in desktop mode it's not so much a simulation experience as a poser/viewer. Out of the box it's pretty DIY, and even in dloaded scenes the interactivity is limited.

Is it possible to implement full motion controls for desktop with scripted plugins?

Aug 4, 2021
This thing has a hell of a learning curve for a sex simulator. Though in desktop mode it's not so much a simulation experience as a poser/viewer. Out of the box it's pretty DIY, and even in dloaded scenes the interactivity is limited.

Is it possible to implement full motion controls for desktop with scripted plugins?
I don't know about full motion control in desktop, but you are right. I learned almost everything by myself in VR mode. Posing is incredible easy to do and if you get the hang of it, you can polish almost any scene by yourself with lighting and more/better scripts.
Accurate posing and moving stuff in Desktop is almost impossible. Atleast for me.

dsfg

Mar 13, 2018
Can someone please make a script that organizes the AddonPackages folder?
What I would like it to do is to automatically create a folder of each artist and then move each loose .var file into the relevant folder.

So it goes through the list of lose vars within the addonpackages folder, checks what is written before the first '.', checks if there is already a folder with that name, if so moves the var into that folder, if not creates a folder with what is written before the first '.' (artistname), and then moves the var into that folder.

This would save lots of time organizing this shitshow.

Reactions: Kaseijin

Hezediel

Oct 4, 2017
Hello ! I got a question! If i want to subscrible to virt a mate and put my own key do i need to install VAM again or i can use that one from here that i already installed?

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
Is there a way to remove collision only to specific atoms? I want to remove collision of the penis' tip, because it starts shaking and glitching if I move a little.

Downloaded the collider editor plugin, but for some reason I can't find the penis tip

JenjenXX

Apr 13, 2023
Is there a plugin to add cum movement and animation to any scene?

I understand VamX can do this but loading VamX takes a long time and most of the time breaks the scene

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
I've been watching a lot of VaM related content recently and I got curious on how this thing works but a still have a lot of question about it, so if somebody that is knowledgeable enough to answer would be amazing:

1. How exactly does VaM performance? I've read some posts about the performance/FPS and is not great per say and my PC is kinda "old". I'm afraid I'm going to waste my time trying to run VaM. (Judging by what I see, VaM is probably CPU bound and RAM intensive, I'm unclear if GPU is something to worry about)

2. How much I have to worry about cache size? Again, from what I've seen, VaM consumes a lot of space, especially because of the cache size. My storage space is kinda limited and I really don't want to keep clearing the cache every time I do anything on it.

3. How bad is to the rabbit hole of dependencies in VaM? I saw that there are many dependencies that need more dependencies, just knowing that I got PTSD from modding Skyrim.

4. Just because I'm kind of paranoid, how safe is VaM or the Hub? I'm not familiar with VaM and the Hub so I don't know what is sus or safe to use, especially considering how many dependencies are needed, that goes for VaM as well.

And that's basically it, I know that I left little info on some parts just to make this as short as possible.

Last edited:

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
I've been watching a lot of VaM related content recently and I got curious on how this thing works but a still have a lot of question about it, so if somebody that is knowledgeable enough to answer would be amazing:

1. How exactly does VaM performance? I've read some posts about the performance/FPS and is not great per say and my PC is kinda "old". I'm afraid I'm going to waste my time trying to run VaM. (Judging by what I see, VaM is probably CPU bound and RAM intensive, I'm unclear if GPU is something to worry about)

2. How much I have to worry about cache size? Again, from what I've seen, VaM consumes a lot of space, especially because of the cache size. My storage space is kinda limited and I really don't want to keep clearing the cache every time I do anything on it.

3. How bad is to the rabbit hole of dependencies in VaM? I saw that there are many dependencies that need more dependencies, just knowing that I got PTSD from modding Skyrim.

4. Just because I'm kind of paranoid, how safe is VaM or the Hub? I'm not familiar with VaM and the Hub so I don't know what is sus or safe to use, especially considering how many dependencies are needed, that goes for VaM as well.

And that's basically it, I know that I left little info on some parts just to make this as short as possible.
1. Im running an i7 10700 with an RTX3080 10gb, 32gb of RAM and I get 70fps with 1 person in scene, 30fps with 2. That's with custom settings and a really small scene with basic light setup.

2. I'd suggest allocating 500gb for VaM. Currently at 300gb for the whole file size. Cache @ 100gb. You can clear it if you want, or delete looks and scenes that you don't use anymore.

3. Also had that dilemma when i started, it's not rly that confusing-the hub provides. (unless you don't get it there, and your sources are from creators in afdiian or arca.live). I keep track using folders inside AddonPackages so I don't get confused. Some provides all the dependencies, some don't. Up to you if you deem a var file with missing dependencies as usable or not.

4. Virus-wise? So far I don't get any sketchy files from the hub. I use the hub in the browser and inside VaM itself. Can't say the same for the ones on patreon, afdiian and arca.

Reactions: Smopy

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
1. Im running an i7 10700 with an RTX3080 10gb, 32gb of RAM and I get 70fps with 1 person in scene, 30fps with 2. That's with custom settings and a really small scene with basic light setup.

2. I'd suggest allocating 500gb for VaM. Currently at 300gb for the whole file size. Cache @ 100gb. You can clear it if you want, or delete looks and scenes that you don't use anymore.

3. Also had that dilemma when i started, it's not rly that confusing-the hub provides. (unless you don't get it there, and your sources are from creators in afdiian or arca.live). I keep track using folders inside AddonPackages so I don't get confused. Some provides all the dependencies, some don't. Up to you if you deem a var file with missing dependencies as usable or not.

You can ask for dependencies in Asset Requests if you're missing any. https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/

4. Virus-wise? So far I don't get any sketchy files from the hub. I use the hub in the browser and inside VaM itself. Can't say the same for the ones on patreon, afdiian and arca.

EDIT: #3

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021

It can be really heavy, but you can limit a lot of GPU usage by lowering Hair physics and other stuff. But the CPU usage can't really be lowered, so that's why people say VAM is CPU bound. I strongly suggest to use Givemefps plugin and limit hair multiplier to something like 10~15, and increase hair width by 50% ~100% (width does not impact performance). I used to run vam on an RX570 1080p and got decent performance in some scenes.

Cache size is hard to say. If you always use the same stuff, it will be smaller. But expect more than 10GB. But you don't NEED cache, it just makes loading faster.

I don't usually have problems with dependencies. I mean, the lack of dependencies. My main problem is to find the unused stuff occupying space needlessly.

I'm gonna bet VAM is pretty safe. If it wasn't, someone would have already spotted it, and it would cause a major backlash.

Reactions: Smopy

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
I'm gonna bet VAM is pretty safe. If it wasn't, someone would have already spotted it, and it would cause a major backlash.
Yes, I meant in terms of viruses, I'm not familiar with VaM or Hub so I don't know how heavily moderated the Hub is to not let some weird dependency or sketchy file pass. All I know about VaM is from the videos made on it, that's why I'm asking if is safe (VaM itself and the Hub), it's probably me being super paranoid about this kinda of stuff cuz I know little about this project.

I used to run vam on an RX570 1080p and got decent performance in some scenes.
oof yeah I don't think I'll be able to run VaM smoothly then, unfortunally I still daily use a i5-7400 (maybe the CPU will be fine), 1050Ti (which is worse than the RX570) and 16GB

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021

It depends, if you use VR or Desktop Mode. Desktop performes WAY better than VR.

Iam running a Ryzen 5 5600 overclocked to the brim and a GTX 1080ti also overclocked. I prefer 1080p.
Tbh load times are the real Issue.
My VaM (around 150GB) is placed on a M2 SSD with 3GB/s speed read and write (I know there are better ones) but some scenes take minutes to load. I only have 16GB of RAM so I tweaked the pagefile abit. VaM never crashed since then.
I also extended the gpu timeout time with regedit to give VaM more time to cache the textures otherwise it often crashes when loading 4k or 8k body textures.
Also you can tweak the GPU settings in windows for example for nvidia, force VaM to NOT use power saving mode, set anistrophic filtering for VaM to "high performance" and so on.
I also finetuned and debloated my windows installation as good as I could to let the operating system draws as less memory, CPU and GPU ussage as possible.
In VR (depends on the scene of course) ussually I get 50-60fps in a 2 Person scene. 3some scenes are playable as well in VR with 30-40 FPS. (Tbh those "low" FPS are not THAT bad when playing in VR) I often use only 1 or 2 light sources.
I leave soft body physics set to off, because it draws ALOT of CPU. High quality physics are just fine Imo.
Desktop FPS are usually between 60-100 (Also depending on the scene!)
Hair is the real FPS killer in VaM. Body hair, and especially complex long women hair.
My fps are dropping below 20 when a character has long 4k hair. Toning the hair physics down per hair Preset or replacing it + removing male hair is always recommended. If you are playing in POV you dont need male hair anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaseijin
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes