4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
it's funny how the need you feel to answer every post make you say nonsensical things :D
Well, you posted that you've decided to download VaM again, but you can't download files larger than 300 MB, and you've asked "anyone know if there is a fix?". I provided 3 tips on how you can "fix" or at least "work around" any issue with downloading/installing VaM. If that's "nonsensical" to you, don't blame me for trying to help.

Now you're saying that another user helped by saying you should download larger files through the Hub, although you were talking about "installing VaM". That's something completely different! If that was your issue from the very beginning, either I failed to understand your question (my bad, but you could have been more specific), or you failed to explain your issue.

And finally: if VaM fails to download larger files "in game" -- it's still an issue on your end! So at least the third "fix" I provided should still be viable.

Cheers!

peimei

Aug 29, 2019
hi, anyone knows what happened to They always hat some influx of nice content seems like all content and categories are gone.
also are there any other none english sites that one might not know about?

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
hi, anyone knows what happened to They always hat some influx of nice content seems like all content and categories are gone.
It is just a filter thing. Press the gear and turn on sensitive content.

Reactions: peimei

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
1691320268103.png
If I select liked order (3 days) everything vanish. But it works with order of registration and liked order (all)

Peteolino

Mar 12, 2019
Well, you posted that you've decided to download VaM again, but you can't download files larger than 300 MB, and you've asked "anyone know if there is a fix?". I provided 3 tips on how you can "fix" or at least "work around" any issue with downloading/installing VaM. If that's "nonsensical" to you, don't blame me for trying to help.

Now you're saying that another user helped by saying you should download larger files through the Hub, although you were talking about "installing VaM". That's something completely different! If that was your issue from the very beginning, either I failed to understand your question (my bad, but you could have been more specific), or you failed to explain your issue.

And finally: if VaM fails to download larger files "in game" -- it's still an issue on your end! So at least the third "fix" I provided should still be viable.

Cheers!
Maybe I didn't made myself very clear, and looking back at my response to you I was a bit rude, so I'm sorry for that. For what is worth at least you answered me, that's more than I got from the official VaM discord :(

Reactions: theMickey_
Aug 10, 2018
I have a question on importing (.obj) to use as hair in VAM....

Can anyone point me in the direction to find a guide/tutorial on how to rig hair/get hair physics for imported "hair" (.obj) in DAZ studio for the genesis 2 female? (or explain it to me o_O)

I can't find a true step by step guide.

The only guide I found skipped a step & I'm lost. ( )

I'm stuck at this part (this screenshot is from their tutorial):

How the fk did they add the Genesis 2 Female hair bone structure?
In my situation, I'm importing .obj without the bone thing already (i'm huge noob started learning ~2 days ago)

Currently here:

I got this far too, but I think I need to add individual "child" bones into the face groups?

tl;dr
i want .obj hair to have physics & not be static

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i want .obj hair to have physics & not be static
I've never done this myself, so I might not be much of a help, but have you looked at the video that's in the tutorial? It's not about hair in particular, but starting at about 8:50 he walks you through the steps of adding child bones. Maybe this help...?!

I'm not even sure if you need more than a single bone for your hair object, because (as far as I understand it) bones are used to "stick" the hair to a person (or a person's bone structure), so when you move/rotate the character's head, the hair object will "follow". I would assume that the physics of hair is done similar to how "sim clothes" work: you might be able to mark areas of the hair that are fixed (like the scalp that's attached to the head) and then mark the part of the hair that's "loose" and affected by physics. At least that's how it works on "sim clothes" -- but again, I've never done this myself, so I might be completely wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018
I've never done this myself, so I might not be much of a help, but have you looked at the video that's in the tutorial? It's not about hair in particular, but starting at about 8:50 he walks you through the steps of adding child bones. Maybe this help...?!

I'm not even sure if you need more than a single bone for your hair object, because (as far as I understand it) bones are used to "stick" the hair to a person (or a person's bone structure), so when you move/rotate the character's head, the hair object will "follow". I would assume that the physics of hair is done similar to how "sim clothes" work: you might be able to mark areas of the hair that are fixed (like the scalp that's attached to the head) and then mark the part of the hair that's "loose" and affected by physics. At least that's how it works on "sim clothes" -- but again, I've never done this myself, so I might be completely wrong.
Thank you for the detailed response. I will try & figure this out by today, your explanation really helps.

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
Recently,H014 has made some mind-blowing looks, all saved as rar files. The only way I'm able to view them is if I open them as "Scenes" though. I'm unable to use the "Load Look" option in VAM to apply one of his looks to a scene or pose. I need some help :(

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
how do you load oniekohvius looks all i can load are the hairs i have followed his steps of installing plugins saving it and then loading it

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
Recently,H014 has made some mind-blowing looks, all saved as rar files. The only way I'm able to view them is if I open them as "Scenes" though. I'm unable to use the "Load Look" option in VAM to apply one of his looks to a scene or pose. I need some help :(
use appearance presets

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
1) edit mode
2)select the person VaM 11-08-2023 12_40_07.png
3)type preset name
VaM 11-08-2023 12_41_37.png
create new preset and take the screenshot
4)go to whichever scene you want follow 1st and 2nd step then click on 'select existing' and select what u want
VaM 11-08-2023 12_48_45.png

• Love
Reactions: oklol111
Aug 4, 2021
omg it took me 2 hours and I can't solve it, thank you so much
Importing just the look often broke the animations in earlier versions of my VaM. Save your look as an appearence preset and loading them instead is the way to go. You can also save hair and clothing presets and just load them onto your character. If you like the body of one character but the textures are crap, you can also safe a morph preset of your wanted character and import the body+face to a new character with for example 4k textures.

I was able to "create" an almost perfect version of Wildeer Studios Lara Croft with this.
I can share screenshots when Iam done polishing. I mean the look, not her :sneaky:

Last edited:

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
Importing just the look often broke the animations in earlier versions of my VaM. Safe your look as an appearence preset and loading them instead is the way to go. You can also safe hair and clothing presets and just load them onto your character. If you like the body of one character but the textures are crap, you can also safe a morph preset of your wanted character and import the body+face to a new character with for example 4k textures.

I was able to "create" an almost perfect version of Wildeer Studios Lara Croft with this.
I can share screenshots when Iam done polishing. I mean the look, not her :sneaky:
it seem u know everything can u help me this
how do you load oniekohvius looks all i can load are the hairs i have followed his steps of installing plugins saving it and then loading it

Aug 4, 2021
it seem u know everything can u help me this
The problem with alot of looks is, their hair is a custom unity asset. You can link them with CUA manager but I personally do not like that. For alot of his characters, there are real hair assets for example for kasumi from other creators. You can add these hair to the loaded look scene from oniekohvius. Then save your desired look from the root menu of the atom as an appearence preset. Tone down the hair physics hair multiplier before that down to 12-15 for both settings at the top of the physics tab from the hair asset (higher fps). Then you can import her look into any scene with selecting your desired person from the scene and just load it from appearence preset.
I recommend to add eyeliner and some decent eyeshadows to every character but maybe that's just my personal kink idk.
In a couple of scenes loading an appearence preset will alter the position where the original character was standing when soft body physics is on. This messes up animations in that scene. But I only encountered this on certain few scenes.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes