• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I need to insert the creator key every time i start the game to see the content, anyone experiencing this also?
Make sure you didn't install VaM into a "protected" directory. Make sure your user has full access to VaM's directory.

vissegard

May 29, 2020
soft body physics & HQ physics - main features of the vam, so it's must be enabled all time, and it don’t break the scene - this scene was made incorrectly, because physics directs/hold the penis into the holes, if it flies along the torso, then creator - dumbass.
I don't agree that SBP & HQ must be enabled at all times. Sometimes the performance hit is just not worth it. A lot of the times I prefer having 120 fps with my Quest 3 over SBP being enabled for not that big of a difference in how the actor behaves.
Also literally best VAM scene makers include animations with exclaimers that SBP might break them/make them work incorrectly. For example i remember TGC saying some of the animations break with SBP.

Reactions: MrZack

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
how i add mods?
I don't agree that SBP & HQ must be enabled at all times. Sometimes the performance hit is just not worth it. A lot of the times I prefer having 120 fps with my Quest 3 over SBP being enabled for not that big of a difference in how the actor behaves.
Also literally best VAM scene makers include animations with exclaimers that SBP might break them/make them work incorrectly. For example i remember TGC saying some of the animations break with SBP.
yeah i dont ON psy on more important than Hq psy
because psy OFF making lot worst for cloth use psy.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Performance it's problem of your hardware.:rolleyes:
I don’t argue that optimization is trash, but nevertheless, physics are main features of the vam.

diusank

Oct 7, 2020
Performance it's problem of your hardware.:rolleyes:
I don’t argue that optimization is trash, but nevertheless, physics are main features of the vam.
physics are a big part of vam, but they also take the longest to calculate. at 1440p, no matter how graphically intense the scene is, the physics always take roughly 10 times longer to compute than the graphics. that's with soft physics on and physics limit at 3, and it's much worse with HQ physics. if someone needs FPS and they've already optimized hair and lighting they probably don't have another choice than to reduce the physics.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
physics are a big part of vam, but they also take the longest to calculate. at 1440p, no matter how graphically intense the scene is, the physics always take roughly 10 times longer to compute than the graphics. that's with soft physics on and physics limit at 3, and it's much worse with HQ physics. if someone needs FPS and they've already optimized hair and lighting they probably don't have another choice than to reduce the physics.
Yep - it's about optimization :(
Hope in vam2 we'll have 1:1 or at least 1:2 graphics-physics performance.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
They have the choice of using this patch first:

wwwomanlover

Jan 21, 2020
I wouldn't call it a "game" maybe sandbox application if you wanna get specific.

Performance varies DRASTICALLY depending on what you have loaded or loading, it's useless to having a "requirements".

I suggest you actually learn how to use and what takes a toll on performance or not (hint: hair, soft physics, lights) then min max the configurations and scenes to match your performance capacity.

Some performance tips I got from using it:

Use the GiveMeFPS like brasileirinho said, you can configure most of the things there (hair, soft physics etc).

Set hair multiplier (both) to ~16, if the hair set has multiple pieces go below that.

If preferable use character looks that have CUA hair instead of the simulated one.

Unless you're gonna literally lick the character in VR there's no need for the "8K resolution" textures.

If you place more than 2 lights it's gonna start to hog down on performance.

Highly detailed CUA scenery eats a lot of VRAM, take that in to consideration too.

Disable soft body physics, but beware some plugins might break with that, like CUE if you have the "auto link hands" it'll bug out and always lock on to the left butt for some reason, however if you don't use that it works fine.

Same for advanced colliders, will break things that rely on them.

Keep it at max 2 characters, the more characters the more it'll weight on performance (obviously).

Edit: Also clothing weights a lot if you have sim enabled on them, keep that in mind.
Thanks for your time

Aug 4, 2021
ryzen 3600
I had the same CPU before upgrading. Not really fun with soft body physics turned on.
Maybe you will get some out of it with the cpu fix but I would reccomend only using high quality physics and then combine it with naturalis for the best outcome.

Dec 21, 2022
I have a 5900X and 1660Ti, got the cpu and fps fixes setup, but still receive sub 0.50fps here and there. The game just has abysmal optimization and non-existent threading as everything you do will freeze everything up, the 21st century would like to enter the game.

npzzz

Nov 22, 2023
I have a 5900X and 1660Ti, got the cpu and fps fixes setup, but still receive sub 0.50fps here and there. The game just has abysmal optimization and non-existent threading as everything you do will freeze everything up, the 21st century would like to enter the game.
What's sub 0.50fps? that can't be right, you mean 0 to 50FPS?

I had problems too... For me it was the hair, I was adding too many pieces. Givemefps like peoples said above helped. For hair strands you don't need high quality physics.. For static short hair, like for scalps to hide baldness, you don't need physics, and so on. Clothes too. If you add socks with physics for example, it's wasting frames imo..

Some features are more so for render quality I think. It's nice that there is the option to use them for renders and get higher quality, I don't think they should cap the quality so that it always works great in real-time. That's what other games are doing and they look worse than vam for me

Dec 21, 2022
What's sub 0.50fps? that can't be right, you mean 0 to 50FPS?

I had problems too... For me it was the hair, I was adding too many pieces. Givemefps like peoples said above helped. For hair strands you don't need high quality physics.. For static short hair, like for scalps to hide baldness, you don't need physics, and so on. Clothes too. If you add socks with physics for example, it's wasting frames imo..

Some features are more so for render quality I think. It's nice that there is the option to use them for renders and get higher quality, I don't think they should cap the quality so that it always works great in real-time. That's what other games are doing and they look worse than vam for me
Nope, I am talking 0.10 to 0.50 fps. I am mostly running on high which only gives me 15 or 30fps, usually on the lower end. But some creators are really shitty in their produce and as you say add 2 pages of different hair with physics which makes everything stall to a halt, even on ultra low (I'm looking at you Riccio, and others). While others work fine on ultra.

Reactions: evaw
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes