4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

TellyV

Jun 11, 2020

I had a look over it and improved 2 things:
-I only let the sampling happen every 10 frames instead of every frame
-Greatly reduced the sampling complexity algorithm to get the average color of the screen (10 random pixels averaged together instead of every pixel on the canvas). No sliders for it yet.

Seems to look the same as before, but with barely any performance hit and no weird stuttering anymore.

Let me know if that's good for you, because I'm a noob and never worked on a VAM plugin before.
General script load dropped significantly, and its stopped VAM becomes unresponsive for half a second every couple of seconds. With the simplified sampling the light generated colour still matches closely the screen, So that's great. Only issue is, the 10ms updates make the generated light strobe :( I should have anticipated that. Would fading to the new value over the 10ms delay between samples work, or is that too complex/just increasing script load again?

Reactions: Anon2469

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
General script load dropped significantly, and its stopped VAM becomes unresponsive for half a second every couple of seconds. With the simplified sampling the light generated colour still matches closely the screen, So that's great. Only issue is, the 10ms updates make the generated light strobe :( I should have anticipated that. Would fading to the new value over the 10ms delay between samples work, or is that too complex/just increasing script load again?
Yeah I noticed the strobe effect to late. Added a color fading, looks better now, still same scriptload:

Last edited:

TellyV

Jun 11, 2020
Yeah I noticed the strobe effect to late. Added a color fading, looks better now, still same scriptload:

Absolutely spot on, thanks! Been tinkering on and off with VAM scrips for a while, but loops are still beyond me, in need to set aside some time to get better at understanding the C structure.

Reactions: Boolsen

I_Love_Latex

Mar 17, 2018
Haven't got around to porting clothes yet do don't know myself, but I found this on Reddit:

Well that didn't work, ended up with with the same boot but instead of 50K vertices it now had 250K vertices :D

I am going to figure out how to make feet invisible instead, like i used to do 20 years ago with Poser :D

Bfrop

Dec 22, 2017
If f95 goal was to more or less kill Vam sharing, well done.
You had everything in the same thread, which i find more practical, even if a little chaotic, you'd just use the search function or monitor the last posts for ten minutes everyday. Nothing someone with a fucking brain can't do.

hesbey

Nov 1, 2019
Anyone got the latest version of Pose Manager? Thanks in advance.

jerticignu

Apr 17, 2019
Anyone got the latest version of Pose Manager? Thanks in advance.

I would highly recommend to use Timeline 5 for all pose management, Timeline 5 can store poses in animations now, you switch animation and pose changes as well, it is very easy and convenient!

• Red Heart
Reactions: -Carcosa and hesbey

hesbey

Nov 1, 2019
that would be great if there is a single plugin which can scan whole Vam folder and save every Pose with persons :D

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Can you please tell me how to show the assets as thumbnails, not as thread-list?

https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/?prefix_id=35
How to get to the VaM asset page from start to finish. It's not bad once you know how to do it. I am surprised that after all this time, nobody has actually explained to people how to get there. You can get there from anywhere in F95.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's that easy. Hope this helps everyone.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes