4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
4,450 patreons... several versions later, still people have to go to reddit to download/upload scenes. Still no volume slider. Looking at trello it seems this guy is only doing stuff for scene creators, and still all scenes so far are nothing more than a concept of tech demo. At least I know I was right to be not part of the 4,450 patreons.

1.9 changes so far:

- Screenshot stuff
- Screenshot stuff
- Screenshot stuff
- New hair
- Screenshot stuff

*sign*

Reactions: SAD_Blahthzard

war12321

Jul 1, 2018
4,450 patreons... several versions later, still people have to go to reddit to download/upload scenes. Still no volume slider. Looking at trello it seems this guy is only doing stuff for scene creators, and still all scenes so far are nothing more than a concept of tech demo. At least I know I was right to be not part of the 4,450 patreons.
I mean, it's a balance of catering to people who want more content/customization options and those that want further underlying engine features. Focus too much on content and people will get bored without much to do with the models (ie too much tech demo). Focus too much on engine features and people get bored of playing with the same few pieces again and again.

I'd definitely put content, like clothes, hair and skins up there as important, since without it, stuff can get samey and boring. I can't count the number of times I've seen the blonde ponytail white girl made by different people for example. And it's not like 1.9 doesn't have a bunch of other features coming, with the trello showing desktop enhancements, Vive tracker support and visame support.

Finally, I don't see much of a problem with catering to scene creators because, ya know, their the ones making content to be shown off. The central hub of creators is on the subreddit so obviously he'll be getting feedback from there. I do agree a better scene sharing feature in or out of the app should definitely be tantamount to make them easier to share.

All in all, I think Mesh has the clearest short and long term design focus for most independent high rollers on patreon.

clisser78

May 5, 2018

key creator "C77219"

Release highlights:

• Content: Lots of new morphs. Viseme (speech), tongue, hand, toes, and other pose-oriented morphs.
  • Content: New primitive shapes that support independent axis scaling
  • Content: New female and male skins
  • Content: New female clothing set: casual denim
  • Content: New environment - island resort
  • Feature: Tons of desktop mode improvements. See Trello for more detail
  • Feature: Vive Tracker support - up to 3 trackers can be used in this release for additional motion capture options. Recommended to use new 2-Stage Possess option with them or manually link something to them using the Link features on every controller. Trackers will be found in [CameraRig] atom.
  • Feature : 2-Stage Possess - allows possessing with offsets. Link 1st, then lock in with 2nd select press after in desired position
  • Feature: Atom renaming
  • Feature: Player thought bubble
  • Feature: Independent axis scale on select atoms that can support it
  • Feature: Scale is now animatable
  • Feature: Tongue is now animatable and controls moved to morph system
  • Tweak: Improved asset bundle handling. No longer cache data to users AppData area (saves lots of disk) and improved load times all around
  • Tweak: Water lighting tweaks
  • Tweak: morphs that should not be animated due to potential performance issues are now marked in red
  • Tweak: Jaw angle control is now handled by morphs
  • Tweak: heels now drive foot joint drive angle for a more natural pose
  • Tweak: Tongue/jaw tweaks. Tongue is now fully jointed to allow new bone rotation morphs to work and also now allows the tongue to push on the jaw again
  • Tweak: Screenshots - no longer render player controls and now also give visual flash feedback when screenshot is taken
  • Tweak: Performance enhancements - helps lower-end systems the most. Still hard to make 90fps with 2 Person atoms.
  • Bugs: A few minor bug fixes - see Trello

jazkha

Jun 2, 2017

key creator "C77219"

Release highlights:

• Content: Lots of new morphs. Viseme (speech), tongue, hand, toes, and other pose-oriented morphs.
  • Content: New primitive shapes that support independent axis scaling
  • Content: New female and male skins
  • Content: New female clothing set: casual denim
  • Content: New environment - island resort
  • Feature: Tons of desktop mode improvements. See Trello for more detail
  • Feature: Vive Tracker support - up to 3 trackers can be used in this release for additional motion capture options. Recommended to use new 2-Stage Possess option with them or manually link something to them using the Link features on every controller. Trackers will be found in [CameraRig] atom.
  • Feature : 2-Stage Possess - allows possessing with offsets. Link 1st, then lock in with 2nd select press after in desired position
  • Feature: Atom renaming
  • Feature: Player thought bubble
  • Feature: Independent axis scale on select atoms that can support it
  • Feature: Scale is now animatable
  • Feature: Tongue is now animatable and controls moved to morph system
  • Tweak: Improved asset bundle handling. No longer cache data to users AppData area (saves lots of disk) and improved load times all around
  • Tweak: Water lighting tweaks
  • Tweak: morphs that should not be animated due to potential performance issues are now marked in red
  • Tweak: Jaw angle control is now handled by morphs
  • Tweak: heels now drive foot joint drive angle for a more natural pose
  • Tweak: Tongue/jaw tweaks. Tongue is now fully jointed to allow new bone rotation morphs to work and also now allows the tongue to push on the jaw again
  • Tweak: Screenshots - no longer render player controls and now also give visual flash feedback when screenshot is taken
  • Tweak: Performance enhancements - helps lower-end systems the most. Still hard to make 90fps with 2 Person atoms.
  • Bugs: A few minor bug fixes - see Trello
Damm you're quicker than meshed lol thanks for sharing.

war12321

Jul 1, 2018
Now VAM seems a ton more fitting over here since there was a ton of work done on the desktop version this update ^^

war12321

Jul 1, 2018
Awesome little video I found on Reddit showing off the 1.9 stuff.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes