3.80 star(s) 40 Votes

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018
I saw the upcoming toys integration...why not use buttplug.io since you can use it with a simple xbox controller as well? not everyone can buy sextoys but most can buy a controller.

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018
I know you are just joking but in case somebody else doesn't get it, is the site, you can sync it with tons of different toys, use scripts etc. It's the holy grail of toys automation and integration, and it's completely free and open source.

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
I saw the upcoming toys integration...why not use buttplug.io since you can use it with a simple xbox controller as well? not everyone can buy sextoys but most can buy a controller.
Short answer is there's a fair number of features XToys has that would have to be manually implemented if dev used buttplug.io. XToys also handles unifying output for many different toys on its end, so dev can focus on how to make using toys in the app fun instead of making sure they work at all. I'd also prefer a FOSS solution (even at the loss of some functionality or development time) but it's not my app and I understand the decision.

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018
You are still cutting a huge amount of people out, that could simply use an xbox controller instead. Also buttplug handles the unifying of the output as well. You integrate buttplug.io and you can automatically run it with everything.

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
You are still cutting a huge amount of people out, that could simply use an xbox controller instead. Also buttplug handles the unifying of the output as well. You integrate buttplug.io and you can automatically run it with everything.
checked and XToys also allows the use of gamepad rumble for vibrator output. Also, buttplug.io does *generally* handle all the different toys easily, but sometimes the specifics get muddy for weird cases, and features like the "say" task, "stay still" task, and the "noise/silence" tasks would've taken a much longer time to implement.

The core of things is a buttplug.io implementation would always be more complicated than something "drop-in" and I imagine the solution of just sending a webhook message was much faster and more stable than adding another piece of code to maintain. As it stands, no one is being cut out. There's just a few stuffy FOSS stans (like myself) that're a little miffed.

Reactions: HGBX

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Is the prerelease build always the same as the later release? Or is it some kind of test version and the release build receives fixes the prerelease does not?

Mattia.Heron

Mar 19, 2018
Is the prerelease build always the same as the later release? Or is it some kind of test version and the release build receives fixes the prerelease does not?
always the same, well has been. Dev hasn't been here for months either, I thought this was a piracy site lol

Edit: It's out on kemono.party

Last edited:
Reactions: anon1010

dafafa

Dec 15, 2018
checked and XToys also allows the use of gamepad rumble for vibrator output. Also, buttplug.io does *generally* handle all the different toys easily, but sometimes the specifics get muddy for weird cases, and features like the "say" task, "stay still" task, and the "noise/silence" tasks would've taken a much longer time to implement.

The core of things is a buttplug.io implementation would always be more complicated than something "drop-in" and I imagine the solution of just sending a webhook message was much faster and more stable than adding another piece of code to maintain. As it stands, no one is being cut out. There's just a few stuffy FOSS stans (like myself) that're a little miffed.
It only works for wireless controllers, which are more expensive...

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
It only works for wireless controllers, which are more expensive...
I forgot controllers like the old xbox360 pad still exist >.> that's my bad. However, that also means that buttplug.io doesn't support everything out of the box, since XToys uses buttplug.io to control toys.

Also, found out Xtoys has an acessible list of open source projects it uses along with their licenses. Kinda neat as far as closed-source projects go. Not as neat as FOSS tho ://

tlp

Dec 23, 2017
is it possible to transfer saves from PC to Android ?
Yea, how I usually do is export the save data to text on PC then import the text into android.
You can find the option in [Options] -> [Save Options] -> [Export Data]/[Import Data].

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes