RPGM Abandoned Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I will address this question before the update that contains it is released. I prefer not to spoil anything too early. :angel:
I don't need specifics, but I avoid games where abuse and rape are at the core of the game. I noted that the rape tag was on the old game, not here on this game and then saw your statement that it will be there at some point. So I'm kinda torn now ;-) I'll wait and see what comes.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm not Doki and i don't know where he or she will stear this game but for now i can tell you the rape isn't going to be the core. It definitely seems to me that you can choose between approaches and even on a subby route its more like molestation when you play it deliberately to be submissive.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
VERY Grindy. Took me an hour to get to the first map. And that was after holding the Ctrl the Whole Time. Ugh! D-e-l-e-t-e!

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
That was an intro. I know that's erotic game but why would anyone skip intro in their 1 playthrough? I wouldn't mind skip intro button at the beginning tho. Just to the moment when we're in a house for the first time. It might be handy

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
VERY Grindy. Took me an hour to get to the first map. And that was after holding the Ctrl the Whole Time. Ugh!
It is grindy, especially if you are used to Ren'Py by now :) Yes, there has to be walking. This will always be the case with rpgmaker games. My personal view on the level of grindiness differs though. I don't see it any more grindier than any rpgmaker games. Actually.. less so. I mean have you seen those ones witth 4-5 maps that were there only to walk past them so you can finish a quest that you are always given from the same person anyway? Those are very grindy :)

EDIT: Any of you played Home Seduction. Perfect example. Has only the home and 1 map (actually two but you'll barely use the second one) and still feels like a vampire that feasts on your soul! Because each and everytime you have to do something, you start out from your room, second floor, go down to the first floor and run outside to neighbour/otherneighbour/shop. One after the other and always back to your computer. Each.and.every.time. Now thats supergrindy even with one map.

RuiMist

May 6, 2017
Why abandon the old one? Frankly the mom getting killed was the highlight now its just like whats the point. I mean you're doing all this stuff for a person who doesn't give jack shit about you and is basically just using you to get back what she lost. So Cara is no longer in charge of her own life so to speak. Not saying the game isn't good just that one part kind of a turn off. Doubly so if shes going to keep sleeping with the people Cara meets.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Why abandon the old one? Frankly the mom getting killed was the highlight now its just like whats the point. I mean you're doing all this stuff for a person who doesn't give jack shit about you and is basically just using you to get back what she lost. So Cara is no longer in charge of her own life so to speak. Not saying the game isn't good just that one part kind of a turn off. Doubly so if shes going to keep sleeping with the people Cara meets.
I know where you're coming from, because when I first saw that @Doki Ninja was retconning his game to include Megan the mother, I was... skeptical of that idea. But after playing the new version, I am totally on board. In the original setup, you have Cara finding out her mother was murdered while taking shelter from her own attempted murder in the house of a man who, very coincidentally (rolls eyes), had a background in secret agency stuff and could help her out by obtaining background info on all the "bad guys." So Cara, the day after learning her mother has been murdered, sets out to seek her revenge by... getting a job as a barista where one "boss" works? And... it kinda went downhill from there. The choices of Naive or Shameless didn't make a lot of sense in context with this conflict. Kudos to the dev for identifying the flaws in his own original premise and making changes.

But with Megan as a character in the revised game, Cara now has a more believable motivation. Not only is she helping to find out who these "bad guys" are and to take them down to help her mother, she's doing it to gain the love and respect of a mother who apparently treated her with contempt born out of both regret for getting pregnant in the first place and jealousy of Cara's genetic superiority. This is fascinating stuff! Instead of seeking revenge on the people who murdered her mother, she's seeking love and respect and confirmation from a mother from whom she has never felt enough love or respect or confirmation. In that context, the choices make more sense now.

As a result, her relationships with Ajax and Jared are significantly more intriguing. Will she steal Ajax from her mother?
Will Megan learn about Jared before Cara does? What will happen when Cara learns Jared is her father?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
As a result, her relationships with Ajax and Jared are significantly more intriguing. Will she steal Ajax from her mother?
Will Megan learn about Jared before Cara does? What will happen when Cara learns Jared is her father?
The answer to all of these questions is the same! Mommy will get whacked! Needs to be! She.. can't.. live! (Geting mental over this :D)

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
The answer to all of these questions is the same! Mommy will get whacked! Needs to be! She.. can't.. live! (Geting mental over this :D)
Hahaha I'm not sure I completely agree (yet!), but if during Cara's current quest the mother gets killed and as a result Cara unleashes her unrealized powers, that would work! But if Megan lives to the end to provide Cara with the confirmation she's searching for, that can also work! Especially if mother-daughter kinkiness ensues :closedtongue:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
But if Megan lives to the end to provide Cara with the confirmation she's searching for, that can also work!
Wishful thinking there! :) Not that its a bad thing but.. not gonna happen seeing how she is acting and treating Cara. Well.. mother-daughter kinkiness can happen befooore Megan is accidentally stabbed 62 times? Maybe? :D

Reactions: fauxplayer

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Wishful thinking there! :) Not that its a bad thing but.. not gonna happen seeing how she is acting and treating Cara. Well.. mother-daughter kinkiness can happen befooore Megan is accidentally stabbed 62 times? Maybe? :D
LOL. Hey now, don't underestimate Cara's potential ability to turn her own mother around into a sympathetic figure. :)

But either way, whether Megan evolves into a "villain" in her own right and Cara's main antagonist, or if Megan evolves into Cara's ally and partner in Cara's sexual self-discovery, or even if Megan remains a rather neutral character while Cara figures it all out on her own, I think the story is better with Megan in it.

I have no insight or knowledge into how @Doki Ninja plans to develop his story, but in the original concept Megan hooked up with Jared at a party and they had sex, but her birth control was no match for Jared's potency as a result of the top-secret serum he drank on his secret agent mission, and Cara's birth was the result. In the current version, all or some or none of that backstory may be implemented, but if even some of the original concept remains, a story with a living Megan is more interesting than a story with a dead Megan, even if only for a certain player's wish that she be stabbed 62 times... accidentally :)

Reactions: Ennoch

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I think the story is better with Megan in it.
a story with a living Megan is more interesting than a story with a dead Megan
I beg to differ :winkytongue:;)
Hey now, don't underestimate Cara's potential ability to turn her own mother around into a sympathetic figure.
Well now, i haven't thought of that. Who knows, it may happen, i certainly see the potential in such a twist, story wise. I rarely see an antagonist (which is Megan in my eyes) into protagonist. We'll see. I'm curious. Would see her dead sooner instead but i see your point most definitely:)
even if only for a certain player's wish that she be stabbed 62 times... accidentally :)
Heynow, i wanna have my wishful thinking moments too! you can't just hog those to yourself! :D

Reactions: fauxplayer

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
I don't need specifics, but I avoid games where abuse and rape are at the core of the game. I noted that the rape tag was on the old game, not here on this game and then saw your statement that it will be there at some point. So I'm kinda torn now ;-) I'll wait and see what comes.
Everything is either avoidable or skippable. No will rape our heroine without your help. :angel:

@fauxplayer @Ennoch So many spoilers... :test2:
I do like your ideas though... although Megan would not approve.

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
she's seeking love and respect and confirmation from a mother from whom she has never felt enough love or respect or confirmation.
That's actualy the reason why i don't like this plot.
But either way, whether Megan evolves into a "villain" in her own right and Cara's main antagonist
I hope so, i don't want to be her ally, please her, or to became her beloved daughter. I want to be her enemy, break her, be the cauase of her fall and maybe later death.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes