Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
That's the move I'm just gonna leave mine running all night and then spend all my coin on money making edicts my military can afford to stay pathetic for a while :p
I've done that for about two days now LOL. The sandbox timer really, really needs improvement.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
How to increase the number of citizens if they hang on 1000 people and does not hang in any way ?!
Click on the "edicts" button, go to "Societal" section and scroll down to "City Expansion" section and click on it. There you can expand your city.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
that problem can be solved by adding a proper quest log. Sandbox or not, production takes time
i think u should play "vae victis & lord king"
Dude, I think by now we all get your hardon for sandbox style games, but not everyone agrees. I personally do not mind sandbox games as sandbox games. This one however had such an intense totally immersive VN prologue that dropping that sandbox felt like a major boss fight in say an old school Warcraft raid dungeon. You prepare all week for the fight and then you get your warrior on and bring the smackdown to the boss. You get to the final blow and then WTF? Server shutdown for emergency maintenance and you are left hanging. Metaphor aside the sandbox was a letdown and break in immersion. No matter how good a sandbox can be it cannot bring in the level of immersion that was going on in the prologue. It becomes mechanical and your suggestion you keep harping on for a quest log may be valid for a sandbox but it only adds to the mechanical feel of the sandbox style game. Instead of waiting with baited breath for the next thing to happen in the story you are detached looking to check off items on the quest log.

I'm not familiar with your suggestion of "Vae Victus & Lord King". Is that another VN on here?

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
The main issue with the sandbox is the time counter. The appropriate speed range should be 50-500 ms. Other than that I'm fine with it and who knows, maybe I'll actually enjoy it if passing edicts triggers h-scenes. Anyway, my hackneyed fix for the problem:
Python:
#models.rpy
init -3 python:
    class TimeChart():
        MINUTE = 0.01
        HOUR = MINUTE * 60.0
        DAY = HOUR * 24.0
        WEEK = DAY * 7.0

def __init__(self):
            pass

@staticmethod
        def get_cooldown_in_weeks(cooldown):
            cooldown_weeks = int(cooldown / TimeChart.WEEK)
            if cooldown % TimeChart.WEEK > 0 : cooldown_weeks += 1
            return cooldown_weeks
How would we turn this into a patch for the game or drop it in to fix the timer?

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
A suggestion to the author to better the scene where the MC, Morrigan and Anete are camping together, it's common sense to have at least one person on night watch when camping outside so that one doesn't get eaten by animals or ambushed by bandits. You can show Anete staying awake for a moment before falling asleep anyway because she isn't used to night watch, or because of some spell by the witch.

Dude202178

Feb 28, 2021
Mad King
Let me start off by thanking you for the wonderfull game and your invitation to have a constructive discussion about your sandbox choice. I personally feel that more "player choice" and "decision impact" are very good goals to aim for and i think your game would profit from them immensely. However i also share the sentiment of many others who got burned (on other games) by sandbox features.

Not because the feature in itself is bad but because it often is implemented lazily and developed in a way that derails the story.

For me there are 4 lessons learned / fears from that i would like to share with you so you can reflect or dismiss them if you already found solutions we have yet to see.

1.) Spreading out development ressources
As the title says, so far you were 100% able to develop your game and the main story with as much details and length as you want it to be. Having a sandbox system usually results in a "main storyline" which will be progressed in every x-monthly update and a bunch of sidestories often locked behind sandbox features. I.e. the scenes with the priestess locked behind level 2 temple as a random example. This leads to half of the development ressources (your updates usually have only 3-4 scenes) to be split both towards the mainstory and justifying the sandbox feature. This often ends up feeling like the sandbox is just tacked on and stretches the mainstory thin.

2.)The illusion of choice
Like i initially said more choices empower the player to have an impact on the story. While a sandbox might have this vision for a player who picks up Vis 1.9 in a couple of years and who can readily choose to upgrade the festivals first or the temple and so discover all your content at his own pace the reality is that this is for us, your existing playerbase, an illusion. Limited by your workhours your future changelogs will most likely look similar to something like this: "Mainstory progresses by talking to Morgana, added a sidestory at the temple with the priestess (temple lvl 2) and added another sidestory for the harvest festival for this update." This means every current player will play through the newly available content. Without choice. In short despite the sandbox every update will be linear since its size is limited by its content and ppl generally unlock all scenes before the next update hits.

3.)Its either or, delayed progression
Having the sandbox taking up development time will mean that many of our favourite girls will probably get much less screentime overall. Afterall what kind of sense would it make to limit morganas or moms story by upgrading our farms? This leads to a dissapointing predictability of your future updates for your audience. If you know this update is about morgana, there will not be much mom or lil sis content and vice versa. So far all your updates were big black boxes for us "where will he take us with x character". The sandbox quickly gets the short end as either a wasted opportunity (because it does little for our main girls) or if it does it feels tacked on and just a chore.

4.)Chores and Featurecreep
Many other games use sandbox features to stretch their content. An update might just have 30 min texts and scenes but by making you grind or unlocking features/currencies the playtime gets stretched to 1.5h because you need to cycle through 5 weeks to get all the tuesdays or currencies covered. This is very very boring and sadly ive not seen many sandboxes which work well with grinding. Not to mention that sandboxes are not unlimited property. If you dont want to add just 1 new Building at a time (which would defeat the sandbox idea and make it just a linear click and forget) you soon run into the end of the expansion cycle which means you need to add other additions to the sandbox (like upgrading buildings, upgrading other areas etc) which leads to more and more featurecreep (star citizien 2.0).

Just to mention something which is already in your game and has little to no air-/devtime (yet): My choices with the girls so far seem to have no impact outside of the direct scenes themself. So it does not matter if Morgana has 35 Lust or 5 if i click in this particular scene the lust option. The same applies to our hero himself. I made my choices but warrior or seducer give no additional benefit and often enough i wasnt even able to go a different route, i.e. i am not even able to go full warrior in every conversation or full corruption with every girl. Adding a new (sandbox) feature ontop of that will in the longrun mean that you will have very little time to work on these other existing features because there is only so much time "behind the lewds" you can work on in every update and sandbox is especially development heavy since it needs constant tweaking and readding of stuff to stay relevant. You might run in a situation where you simply abandon old systems because you find no time to come back to them, someting i personally would find sad since you initially thought of various paths and choices in your base design.

I hope this input helps and you can find some solutions to it, i have read above that you want to create 2 versions running alongside each other and i do not think that this is the final solution for you. Afterall you closed origins down for the exact same reason. To keep 2 (at a later stage) independent from each other games updated simultaniously basically would mean 125-150% workload compared to your current updates for very little gain. Concentrating on a good, not grindy and not overbearing sandbox could be a way to appease everyone. Noone complains about changing rooms or small freeroam scenes in most games even if that is the same thing as a sandbox just under a different label.

Last edited:

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Not sure about new sandbox mode. Seems like it might kill this amazing game that is barely starting.

Advancing and slowing time seems like it doesn't work so well. Not me for anyways. Maybe it's the buttons on Android not sure.

Also unless you are in dialog with someone, there isn't a menu option so we can save the game or reload. That is a huge issue for me.

Finally, is the start of the sandbox the end of the current build? Before we got told that was end of the current update and to save our game. Now do we just guess?

JokerSF

Jan 9, 2021
Once you get to the Sandbox mode, is there any other story content or advancing with love interests or anything?

throd33

May 15, 2018
Suggestion : The societal /city expansion option is hidden, maybe it could be made more visible at the start, i was stuck at 1000 citizens wondering why i couldn't go over that number

Last edited:

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
When in sandbox mode after brothel talk, no way to save game.... I hope this fixes next release

OnlyFriend

Donor
Nov 10, 2019
question, am I missing something or what I don't know, vaginal sex only Morgana with the King ? does the MC have a sex scene?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mad King There is a variable fubar in code of "0.9 update story", line 112, and in "1.0 update story", line 47 that is meant to add integers to leader_stat but instead makes it equal to the integers. Below is the code. I've corrected it in my forthcoming multi-mod but thought you should be aware. Regards.

"0.9 update story", line 112
Code:
"Stay calm.":
    $ leader_stat =+ 1
    scene six_zero_nine_10
    with Dissolve(1.0)
"1.0 update story", line 47:
Code:
label calm_alissa_troops:
       scene one_zero_24
       with Dissolve(1.0)
       $ leader_stat =+ 2
It should be: $ leader_stat += 1 and $ leader_stat += 2 respectively.

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Mad King There is a variable fubar in code of "0.9 update story", line 112, and in "1.0 update story", line 47 that is meant to add integers to leader_stat but instead makes it equal to the integers. Below is the code. I've corrected it in my forthcoming multi-mod but thought you should be aware. Regards.

Code:
"Stay calm.":
    $ leader_stat =+ 1
    scene six_zero_nine_10
    with Dissolve(1.0)
Code:
       scene one_zero_24
       with Dissolve(1.0)
       $ leader_stat =+ 2
Yeah, that's how python works, += indicates, leader stat= leader stat+x

proximusArka

Nov 1, 2018

Code:
"Stay calm.":
    $ leader_stat =+ 1
    scene six_zero_nine_10
    with Dissolve(1.0)
Code:
       scene one_zero_24
       with Dissolve(1.0)
       $ leader_stat =+ 2
Any update when your mod going to finish?

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes