Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I mean I hate it when games get abandoned too and I hate that this game abandoned, but it's a lot of work to develop these type of games and only really the devs on this site and on patreon really make enough to do it full time. Most of the time it's just a side thing and the developers are sacrificing their free time to make the game. That's one of the reasons why so many of them get abandoned because unless you're already pretty popular, its not really worth making them in the long run unless it's just a passion project. Especially when it's one person making the game and not a group of people.
I agree and I understand that for most developers a VN is just a side project, but they have too high expectations if they think a non finished product will pay for itself during development. That rarely happens. A completed product could sell well on Steam or other platforms, that is the goal they should have. Also, new developers do not attract a lot of paying supporters. A developer that has got only an abandoned project on his CV is even less attractive.

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes