Mod Ren'Py Vis [v2.0.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Dang bud, thought I answered that as detailed as I could in post right above yours. I'll port this over to the latest once I know how the dev plans to proceed with or w/out the "freeroam" beta. As it sets, if the dev doesn't make up their mind on what the VN should be then I end up wasting a hundred or more hours pre-coding a direction for future expansion. Let's see what we get then we'll all figure out the best way to proceed as a group. We'll all know if it's worth the time soon... maybe... hopefully. Feedback is welcome as always of course. If there's a specific topic I didn't address then please let me know until then. Regards.
I'm not sure if maybe I misunderstood what was being referenced, but the Dev actually decided to split up his game into 2 versions. One is the originally intended sandbox, and for those like myself who dislike the management and grind of a sandbox, he made a strictly VN only version.

I'd hate for you to have to do double the work, that's why I was asking what your plans were for this game as 1.6 just came out for his Patrons like myself a couple days ago. I noticed there was an updated version for 1.5, which is the previous update and that was when he first decided to separate his game into both versions. I had just planned on playing that version until there was a WT mod for 1.6. since its been several updates when I last played.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not sure if maybe I misunderstood what was being referenced, but the Dev actually decided to split up his game into 2 versions. One is the originally intended sandbox, and for those like myself who dislike the management and grind of a sandbox, he made a strictly VN only version.

I'd hate for you to have to do double the work, that's why I was asking what your plans were for this game as 1.6 just came out for his Patrons like myself a couple days ago. I noticed there was an updated version for 1.5, which is the previous update and that was when he first decided to separate his game into both versions. I had just planned on playing that version until there was a WT mod for 1.6. since its been several updates when I last played.
Hmmm... interesting. Seems quite odd to separate the title when one could simply make a choice within the game itself if desired. Is the v1.6 sandbox or non-sandbox? Curious.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Hmmm... interesting. Seems quite odd to separate the title when one could simply make a choice within the game itself if desired. Is the v1.6 sandbox or non-sandbox? Curious.
When you click on the link, it takes you to his google drive where he has both versions available for download. I personally never played the sandbox version as the prologue is told entirely in a VN style and that is as far as I got. So to answer your question, he has 2 files available, Original w/sandbox and VN only.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When you click on the link, it takes you to his google drive where he has both versions available for download. I personally never played the sandbox version as the prologue is told entirely in a VN style and that is as far as I got. So to answer your question, he has 2 files available, Original w/sandbox and VN only.
I'll keep my eyes open. Figures I ported almost every single public release I have as of today EXCEPT Vis :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. OK, here's the skinny as of the time of me writing this post: I know you folks are not accustomed to "half-assed" SanchoMod releases but please allow me to explain as briefly as possible. It took me all damn day to port this title over to the newest SanchoMod Core v6 and I wanted to get something into your hands ASAP.

Currently "Sandbox" is v1.6 but preliminary (Prelim), meaning the VN portion is completely done but the freeroam isn't. I'll sort that over time and create new cheats to assist where appropriate. "VN Only" version is currently at v1.5 but I'll be able to port it quickly to v1.6 since it's basically done by default in the "Sandbox" version... here's where the rub is though.

Since I've been at it all day with no breaks and no meals I'm stopping for those two purposes for the evening. I've invited company to cook me said meal and insure I get proper "rest". It's time for some personal time and but I'll get back to it in the morning. Thank you for your understanding and as always best regards.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
this one 1.6 mod can be used in vn mode or we have to wait for it
Sounds to me the only update so far is for the WT portion for the original-sandbox version only. The stand alone VN version has not been updated yet...but probably will within the next 24 hours.

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Hey Sancho, just wanted to say that I love all your hard work and the effort that put into your mods. One of the top modders on this site and just the presence of your mod has made me decide to download games I probably would've skipped without it.

Anyways, thanks again for all the great work!

HIngl

Jun 23, 2021
Good evening folks. OK, here's the skinny as of the time of me writing this post: I know you folks are not accustomed to "half-assed" SanchoMod releases but please allow me to explain as briefly as possible. It took me all damn day to port this title over to the newest SanchoMod Core v6 and I wanted to get something into your hands ASAP.

Currently "Sandbox" is v1.6 but preliminary (Prelim), meaning the VN portion is completely done but the freeroam isn't. I'll sort that over time and create new cheats to assist where appropriate. "VN Only" version is currently at v1.5 but I'll be able to port it quickly to v1.6 since it's basically done by default in the "Sandbox" version... here's where the rub is though.

Since I've been at it all day with no breaks and no meals I'm stopping for those two purposes for the evening. I've invited company to cook me said meal and insure I get proper "rest". It's time for some personal time and but I'll get back to it in the morning. Thank you for your understanding and as always best regards.
Can't get past the sandbox tutorial point. It asks do you want a tutorial of sandbox and then it shows error (VN only version1.6)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can't get past the sandbox tutorial point. It asks do you want a tutorial of sandbox and then it shows error (VN only version1.6)
Good morning. You either DL'd the wrong version of the game or the mod. Since I just uploaded links for VN Only Mode in the OP please see that where there's a pic showing which game version to use with it. Hope that helps you get it sorted, let me know.

HIngl

Jun 23, 2021
Good morning. You either DL'd the wrong version of the game or the mod. Since I just uploaded links for VN Only Mode in the OP please see that where there's a pic showing which game version to use with it. Hope that helps you get it sorted, let me know.
I downloaded the updated one but the problem persists. Save before this point are working but not after this point.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/0.9_update_story.rpy", line 1273, in script call
call chapter_one_zero from _call_chapter_one_zero
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.0_update_story.rpy", line 1773, in script call
call chapter_one_zero_one from _call_chapter_one_zero_one
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.1_update_story.rpy", line 1698, in script call
call chapter_one_zero_two from _call_chapter_one_zero_two
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.2_update_story.rpy", line 1603, in script call
call chapter_one_zero_three from call_chapter_one_zero_three
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 1578, in script call
call chapter_one_four_start from _call_chapter_one_four_start
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.4_update_story.rpy", line 1395, in script
jump sandbox
ScriptError: could not find label 'sandbox'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/0.9_update_story.rpy", line 1273, in script call
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.0_update_story.rpy", line 1773, in script call
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.1_update_story.rpy", line 1698, in script call
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.2_update_story.rpy", line 1603, in script call
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 1578, in script call
File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.4_update_story.rpy", line 1395, in script
jump sandbox
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Vis 1.6
Tue May 10 19:01:16 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I downloaded the updated one but the problem persists. Save before this point are working but not after this point.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump sandbox

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump sandbox
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Vis 1.6
Tue May 10 19:01:16 2022
Bud, you're confusing the shit out of me right now. There is NO word "sandbox" in the entire DL of the "VN Only" game version in the VN's OP or the mod's OP. You are somehow mixing version of either the title or the mod. Please double-check everything.

Code:
That script and that line does NOT call "sandbox". Do this for me, in a brand new folder/directory named your choice (for example "Vis Test Copy") install a new clean version of the DL in the VN's OP, then install the proper mod. You must have somehow integrated the new title into your old v1.5 or something for that error to result.

Last edited:

HIngl

Jun 23, 2021
Bud, you're confusing the shit out of me right now. There is NO word "sandbox" in the entire DL of the "VN Only" game version in the VN's OP or the mod's OP. You are somehow mixing version of either the title or the mod. Please double-check everything.
I played with your mod v1.5 and it worked fine and that was also VN version but this is the error I keep getting. Do you have any saves past that point?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I played with your mod v1.5 and it worked fine and that was also VN version but this is the error I keep getting. Do you have any saves past that point?
See my post above (edited at the bottom). Try that. It's not your save. The error is referencing the actual dev's files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I see your issue now. File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.4_update_story.rpy", line 1395, in script jump sandbox

Only the "Sandbox" version of the game and mod has that line in it. Both the game and mod's version of "VN Only Mode" doesn't have line 1395 in that script. You either DL'd the Full (sandbox) version of the game or the mod, that's the only way it can happen.

HIngl

Jun 23, 2021
I see your issue now. File "game/scripts/story_character_dev/1.4_update_story.rpy", line 1395, in script jump sandbox

Only the "Sandbox" version of the game and mod has that line in it. Both the game and mod's version of "VN Only Mode" doesn't have line 1395 in that script. You either DL'd the Full (sandbox) version of the game or the mod, that's the only way it can happen.
Man i started a new save and it still has the problem and I have the VN version with VN mod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Man i started a new save and it still has the problem and I have the VN version with VN mod
Did you do that in a new/fresh install (you don't have to delete the other, just make a new install in a new directory)? I've both tested this morning on 3 different machines and even downloaded my mod and looked at the scripts for VN Mode. In one of the two files you are DLing you are getting the Full (sandbox) scripts.

If you want me to truly isolate the issue then if you are up for it you can do this: open the zip of the game DL you have and attach the file "1.4_update_story.rpy" via the message system (upper-right by the bell icon). Then do the exact same with the zip of the mod you DL'd (has the same file name as well). I can check both to see which file you have that's fucked up.

You can find that file under this file structure: 1652191949175.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Did you do that in a new/fresh install (you don't have to delete the other, just make a new install in a new directory)? I've both tested this morning on 3 different machines and even downloaded my mod and looked at the scripts for VN Mode. In one of the two files you are DLing you are getting the Full (sandbox) scripts.

If you want me to truly isolate the issue then if you are up for it you can do this: open the zip of the game DL you have and attach the file "1.4_update_story.rpy" via the message system (upper-right by the bell icon). Then do the exact same with the zip of the mod you DL'd (has the same file name as well). I can check both to see which file you have that's fucked up.

You can find that file under this file structure: View attachment 1803351
HIngl
Fuck that, I don't want to complicate it for you more than needed. Just DL the attached and extract inside the "game" folder. We won't know where you went wrong but it will fix the issue. It will ask you if you want to overwrite about 46 files or so, say yes.

Edit: File removed now that you have it so it doesn't confuse other folks.

Last edited: