Mod Ren'Py Vis [v2.0.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If Ido understand you correctly, the teaser Pic of the OP is of the main menu? I cannot see help or quit buttons. Some of the games I do see it, on this one I don't. If I misunderstood something and you refer to mini menu, then no, I don't see it, the bottom panel I can see is quick menu.
Negative, these two:
1652714671232.png
Also, need to know if you which version of the VN/mod you are using: Sandbox or VN

ale-nerd

Jan 29, 2019
No Help or Quit button. I'm running on Sandbox currently, but tried VN with same result couple of hours ago.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No Help or Quit button. I'm running on Sandbox currently, but tried VN with same result couple of hours ago.
Perfect. I wanted to know what version you are running as I was going to customize the mod for you... but I'm overthinking it. There's an easier way now and you can drop it into any of my current mods with a certain amount of success. This is effect the MiniMenu ONLY but will make it easier for "fat fingers". Give me a bit to code you a "Sancho MiniMobile" file.

Reactions: ale-nerd

ale-nerd

Jan 29, 2019
Perfect. I wanted to know what version you are running as I was going to customize the mod for you... but I'm overthinking it. There's an easier way now and you can drop it into any of my current mods with a certain amount of success. This is effect the MiniMenu ONLY but will make it easier for "fat fingers". Give me a bit to code you a "Sancho MiniMobile" file.
Big thanks! I will test it out and let you know how it works. It's 1 am ish in here, so I will let you know results tomorrow, and hopefully other people can also use it. Also, will this *sancho mini mobile* work on any games that work with your mods? As in not just vn/sandbox of Vis but other games that support your mod?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Big thanks! I will test it out and let you know how it works. It's 1 am ish in here, so I will let you know results tomorrow, and hopefully other people can also use it. Also, will this *sancho mini mobile* work on any games that work with your mods? As in not just vn/sandbox of Vis but other games that support your mod?
Well... that's a loaded question. I'm writing it so that if someone is specifically using joiplay as you described, and they do NOT see the help/quit buttons in the main menu then yes, it will work to some amount of success. The issue is in this case I'm going to make the SanchoCheat sliders a bit longer and taller so you can grab them easier. On some of my mods there's simply no room for that type of styling so the screen will look wonkey. To be clear, I've coded this as I'm looking at "Vis" so take it for what it's worth.

Drop the attached inside your "game" folder as usual. Profit. If you later find you don't like it or wish to revert simply delete the file and restart the game, everything will go back to normal. Note that if installed correctly the mod will let you know in the VN's menu screens:
1652718702049.png

Temp note: File temporarily pulled. Give me a bit to make it even better. Let me know if additional tweaks may be required.

Last edited:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Just saw that there was a 1.6.1 build dropped. Don’t know if you need to update anything for the mod or not, but just wanted to alert you, in case you were unaware of it.

Thank you very much for your work! =)

Reactions: imzahai

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Also it looks like the Sandbox mode is being removed in the future:
I tried my best to talk the dev out of that decision in private conversation as even with the full version of the game the freeroam "aka sandbox" portions can easily be skipped whenever desired and the VN continued. There really wasn't any need to chunk it out unless he felt it fruitless and therefore too much time devoted to a vision he doesn't have (which is important and I told him to take that consideration as the most pertinent). At the end of it I told him my best advice was to step back, assess the original gameplan and current vision of the completed product, make a decision and then execute that plan. Minor changes are always ok but majors must be minimized or eliminated altogether. I'll stand by whatever decision he makes but this is why I haven't fleshed-out the freeroam portion of the mod to date.

Just saw that there was a 1.6.1 build dropped. Don’t know if you need to update anything for the mod or not, but just wanted to alert you, in case you were unaware of it.

Thank you very much for your work! =)
I'm on the fence on this tbh. It's a given to the folks that were bitching about some story scenes but doesn't necessarily take into account the massive amount of folks that were silent that might not have had a problem with any of it. I'm not being critical but flip-flopping is a huge PITA to deal with. See the changelog below. The "camp" scene is near the beginning of the game and means potential rework of the whole bit if any new variable was introduced.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll take a look of course but I'm not that happy about it to say the least. Changing a VN's code to simply pacify whiners is not my idea of time well spent.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm on the fence on this tbh. It's a given to the folks that were bitching about some story scenes but doesn't necessarily take into account the massive amount of folks that were silent that might not have had a problem with any of it. I'm not being critical but flip-flopping is a huge PITA to deal with. See the changelog below. The "camp" scene is near the beginning of the game and means potential rework of the whole bit if any new variable was introduced.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll take a look of course but I'm not that happy about it to say the least. Changing a VN's code to simply pacify whiners is not my idea of time well spent.
I'm a bit out of the loop actually. I did a partial playthrough of this game several builds back. I was wanting to start a new game with this build, but wanted to wait for your mod first. Anyway I'm not sure what the drama was even about. I remember the camp threeway at the beginning. Don't remember the foot-licking scene with Morrigan. I do remember the lesbian scene. I don't think I'm on either of the extreme ends concerning NTR. If another male NPC glances in an LI's general direction I don't consider it "NTR!". But I'm also not in the camp that thinks anything outside of direct penetration "doesn't count as cheating" lol.

My impression from the changelog is that the sisters have a sex scene with the MC's dad IF the MC expresses no sexual/romantic interest in them. But if that is the case then I don't see why it would even be considered NTR. But everyone has their own definitons and sensibilities so, I dunno *shrug*.

All that being said, I'm just assuming that that was what the whining was about?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm a bit out of the loop actually. I did a partial playthrough of this game several builds back. I was wanting to start a new game with this build, but wanted to wait for your mod first. Anyway I'm not sure what the drama was even about. I remember the camp threeway at the beginning. Don't remember the foot-licking scene with Morrigan. I do remember the lesbian scene. I don't think I'm on either of the extreme ends concerning NTR. If another male NPC glances in an LI's general direction I don't consider it "NTR!". But I'm also not in the camp that thinks anything outside of direct penetration "doesn't count as cheating" lol.

My impression from the changelog is that the sisters have a sex scene with the MC's dad IF the MC expresses no sexual/romantic interest in them. But if that is the case then I don't see why it would even be considered NTR. But everyone has their own definitons and sensibilities so, I dunno *shrug*.

All that being said, I'm just assuming that that was what the whining was about?
Basically, yes. The boot licking scene is new and... I don't even see the issue tbh but whatever. The camp scene issue is basically about what happened in the past with the father so I agree, that's not NTR, that's the past before they were ever even considered LI's to the MC. Anyway that's just my opinion of course which doesn't even matter tbh, what does matter is the sense of constant flip-flopping to serve the herd. I'm not a particular fan of it... good or bad I think a creator of any content needs to stay true to their original plot gameplan and let the chips fall where they may.

At the end of the day I'll find a way to make sure any saves made previously will function fine going forward with anything that has to do with the mod. I'm not aware of any gamebreaking issues with the VN at all so take that for what it's worth. What I'm saying is that the current changelog shouldn't be a problem playing v1.6 if one desires to do so... or one could wait and see what happens in the next update. The choice is ultimately yours and I doubt you could go wrong either way... but no one knows the future so take that into consideration. As I said I'll take a look at the new code later and if there's any merit to the "Sandbox" mode being scrapped then maybe I simply update the "VN Only" version to v1.6.1 ... I'll need to check it all out 100% before concluding to a decision on that though.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
The boot licking scene is new and... I don't even see the issue tbh but whatever.
I know Femdom isn't everyone's cup of tea. For subs and switches I'm sure they'd like it (I fall into the latter myself, so I probably would). But I can kind of understand adding an option for those who'd rather not partake in that.

what does matter is the sense of constant flip-flopping to serve the herd. I'm not a particular fan of it... good or bad I think a creator of any content needs to stay true to their original plot gameplan and let the chips fall where they may.
I have mixed feelings about it I think. But mostly agree with you. I think that feedback should at least be considered, and not outright discarded. But since there is nothing you can or can't do that isn't going to displease at least someone, I think it is indeed important to try to mostly stick to your original vision.

What I'm saying is that the current changelog shouldn't be a problem playing v1.6 if one desires to do so... or one could wait and see what happens in the next update. The choice is ultimately yours and I doubt you could go wrong either way... but no one knows the future so take that into consideration.
then maybe I simply update the "VN Only" version to v1.6.1 ... I'll need to check it all out 100% before concluding to a decision on that though.
Well since for now it looks like it's only going to be the VN version going forward, I was going to start my new game with it. If he does add the sandbox mode back in one day I can always replay it. I guess I'll just hang back for now and see if you decide to update the VN version to 1.6.1.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I'd just like clarification that/if the 1.6.1 needs an updated mod version.

Looking at the files (not the code itself) I'd assume so.
Likely so... I have to check it all out and what will likely occur is a mod update of the "VN Only" version to v1.6.1, I need time though as I have another obligation this morning but bare with me. Regards.

OK, here's the skinny. I'm currently DL'ing the update (I'm in the middle of the damn forest so bandwidth is sketchy, give me time). Since the "Sandbox" was scrapped here's what I'm thinking: I'll leave the defunct v1.6 "Sandbox" mod up for folks that want it. The new version of the mod will simply be v1.6.1 (it won't state "VN Only" or otherwise since there's only one version). Make sense?

Those that may want "Sandbox" version of the VN for historical or other purposes, best to grab it now and archive while the links are still ok. See post here for that.

Ok, it's DL'd and I'll start digging in once I migrate the v1.6 scripts over to v1.6.1... please be patient as I'm not the most motivated that I could be but I will get it done and correctly as you'd expect.
1652973995957.png

There's going to be an issue with some saves made via the old "full version" versus the new v1.6.1: It's based on the VN Only version and doesn't play well with some of these saves on my end (RenPy tries to rollback as far as it can and sometimes succeeds, sometimes doesn't). There will be little I can do about this, it's the result of two different versions being migrated by the dev into one version... but he chose to use the VN Only save directory in AppData instead of the original... this is a problem. Don't freak out yet though as it's completely save file dependent meaning not all saves are broken. Saying that you might have to load an older save and skip forward a bit once I release this new update. I'll do my best to mitigate it of course but wanted you to know up front the issue. Regards.

I'm compiling v1.6.1 now, it won't be much longer. Thank you as always for your patience.

FYI, tweaks to SanchoGallery are the Ch1 Making Camp, Ch6 Anete, and Ch16 Morrigan scenes. Nothing too odd, 2 have new choices and some alternate dialogue. All scenes have been coded to end properly regardless of what is chosen during the scene(s). I think I caught everything but if y'all run into something let me know of course.

Ok, I reckon it's done. I had to fight the editing of the OP more than updating the mod :ROFLMAO:

Go get you some.

Let me know if something's broke, I did my best to quickly test integrity but when under the gun sometimes errors are made. Regards.

Hikaru47

Dec 26, 2019
Ok, I reckon it's done. I had to fight the editing of the OP more than updating the mod :ROFLMAO:

Go get you some.

Let me know if something's broke, I did my best to quickly test integrity but when under the gun sometimes errors are made. Regards.
Hello Sancho,
thank you for pushing out the update for the Mod so quickly. *tips the hat*

But i ran into a problem and i am a bit to confused what to do. I followed your install instructions but if want to start the game then this occurs:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/script.rpy', 1652984059, 0) is defined twice, at game/Vis-1.6.1 - SanchoMod/scripts/script.rpyc:1 and game/scripts/script.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/script.rpy', 1652984059, 0) is defined twice, at game/Vis-1.6.1 - SanchoMod/scripts/script.rpyc:1 and game/scripts/script.rpy:1.

Linux-5.15.38-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Vis 1.6.1
Thu May 19 21:37:36 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho,
thank you for pushing out the update for the Mod so quickly. *tips the hat*

But i ran into a problem and i am a bit to confused what to do. I followed your install instructions but if want to start the game then this occurs:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "/run/media/hikaru/Volume/Lewd games/Vis-1.6.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Linux-5.15.38-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Vis 1.6.1
Thu May 19 21:37:36 2022
You installed the mod incorrectly. There should be no "scripts" folder inside the "SanchoMod" folder. It's likely easiest for you to start from scratch. Install the VN to a newly named folder (directory) of your choice. Install the mod as directed in the OP (all of the contents of the mod's zip go inside the VN's "game" directory).

To elaborate on the error -

What you currently have is:
game/Vis-1.6.1 - SanchoMod/scripts/script.rpyc​
game/scripts/script.rpy​

So you have "script.rpyc" (and likely all the other scripts) copied twice which confuses the shit out of RenPy,

• Haha
Reactions: Hikaru47

Hikaru47

Dec 26, 2019
You installed the mod incorrectly. There should be no "scripts" folder inside the "SanchoMod" folder. It's likely easiest for you to start from scratch. Install the VN to a newly named folder (directory) of your choice. Install the mod as directed in the OP (all of the contents of the mod's zip go inside the VN's "game" directory).
Yeah that was exactly the case.... *facepalm* I am currently on Manjaro as you can see and there was a mishap while unpacking. Got the intended unpack AND the whole "zip" structure just as unpacked folder in the game folder. And yeah no wonder it would clash. But thank you for your quick answer. (y)

Now it starts just fine. ;)

Cheers

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In case assistance is needed in the next while: just a heads-up folks. I didn't expect this VN to update this morning and due to that missed both b-fast and lunch. That just won't do as a semi-retired individual who's now hungry as all get out... so that's what I'm going to go do. I'll be away from the studio for a bit but will check on things upon return.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, it seems like the Dev decided to do most of their updates on paths different then mine, as not much was added for me, but none the less, didn't have any problems with the mod. Thank you so very much for doing this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
In case assistance is needed in the next while: just a heads-up folks. I didn't expect this VN to update this morning and due to that missed both b-fast and lunch. That just won't do as a semi-retired individual who's now hungry as all get out... so that's what I'm going to go do. I'll be away from the studio for a bit but will check on things upon return.
So, with the Incest patch that's included in your mod it works most of the time as my younger sister I think that what she is meant to be said my Friend is back I must see him and then when she sees me the MC again, she calls me Friend. I had to start from the start again so I haven't played far into it yet. So later she will call me brother etc.. with mom and the other sister?.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, with the Incest patch that's included in your mod it works most of the time as my younger sister I think that what she is meant to be said my Friend is back I must see him and then when she sees me the MC again, she calls me Friend. I had to start from the start again so I haven't played far into it yet. So later she will call me brother etc.. with mom and the other sister?.
Good evening. I've read your post ~10 times and I'm still not sure what you are asking. Take a breath and be clear and concise. You're saying that sometimes Lillana refers to the MC as "friend"? If so then at that exact moment insure you have the patch toggled ON via the MiniMenu. Otherwise provide me the exact examples so I can investigate. Regards.