Mod Ren'Py Vis [v2.0.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

HIngl

Jun 23, 2021
HIngl
Fuck that, I don't want to complicate it for you more than needed. Just DL the attached and extract inside the "game" folder. We won't know where you went wrong but it will fix the issue. It will ask you if you want to overwrite about 46 files or so, say yes.
Thanks man this finally worked and sorry for wasting your time

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks man this finally worked and sorry for wasting your time
See my message reply. You have your DL's totally opposite. Both files are Full version and I let you know how you can check them yourself. With me saying that know that you might find other issues with the file I gave you to overwrite as you are now mixing VN Only into Full version so things might be a bit wonkey (the mod might say you're playing full since that's what was installed, etc). We basically put a bandaid on your gunshot. The proper way to fix is to DL the correct VN Only game and VN Only mod, and do it right.

Edit: Now that you have it I'm going to pull that file from my post so it doesn't confuse other folks. Regards.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
See my message reply. You have your DL's totally opposite. Both files are Full version and I let you know how you can check them yourself. With me saying that know that you might find other issues with the file I gave you to overwrite as you are now mixing VN Only into Full version so things might be a bit wonkey (the mod might say you're playing full since that's what was installed, etc). We basically put a bandaid on your gunshot. The proper way to fix is to DL the correct VN Only game and VN Only mod, and do it right.

Edit: Now that you have it I'm going to pull that file from my post so it doesn't confuse other folks. Regards.
You wouldn't happen to have a link for another file host? Workupload has my ip blocked and idk why. If not that's ok.

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
Hi mate I installed vn version of your mod on vn version of the game but there is no gallery option anywhere??

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Please take that attachment off. I'll push a MEGA link in a bit but if folks attach files it confuses folks on what version is what, etc. Thank you.

You wouldn't happen to have a link for another file host? Workupload has my ip blocked and idk why. If not that's ok.
Indeed. I'll post MEGA links in a minute (they are uploading now). I usually always supply both. Regards.

Edit: Mega and Workupload links now provided for both versions. As with my other mods when I update periodically with new features/fixes the links will be updated in sync (they will always be the same file).

Hi mate I installed vn version of your mod on vn version of the game but there is no gallery option anywhere??
See teaser pics in OP, first row, second pic... click on "SanchoGallery".

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah so I need to be in main menu not in the actual game to see this option, tnx;)
Indeed, as most galleries require. This is to insure that current playthroughs are saved correctly and otherwise uncompromised. I know it's possible for me to code them while in-game but it's much easier to maintain this way if I'm being honest.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Please take that attachment off. I'll push a MEGA link in a bit but if folks attach files it confuses folks on what version is what, etc. Thank you.
Yeah, took me a moment, but I could see why you did with putting in the pic pointing out with version it is. Thank you also for the VN version, total awesomeness!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, took me a moment, but I could see why you did with putting in the pic pointing out with version it is. Thank you also for the VN version, total awesomeness!!!
Hey J, there's a few extra features I've been adding to the newest updates I'm uploading including "Menu Choice Opacity" found in the options screen that is a complete rippoff of what I had started to do with "Summer Scent". Some of these minor options won't be needed or even desired the majority of the time but know that they are there incase something within the GUI of any particular dev's graphical choices rubs you a bit the wrong way. Anyway, appreciate the kind words as always.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Looks like the dev is canning sandbox mode so that will simplify things going forwards

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey J, there's a few extra features I've been adding to the newest updates I'm uploading including "Menu Choice Opacity" found in the options screen that is a complete rippoff of what I had started to do with "Summer Scent". Some of these minor options won't be needed or even desired the majority of the time but know that they are there incase something within the GUI of any particular dev's graphical choices rubs you a bit the wrong way. Anyway, appreciate the kind words as always.
I just got caught up with the Dev on the VN version, and all looks good to me. Well done on doing this.

Reactions: Sancho1969

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
There's only sancho stat screen... Nothing is clickable... No option to cheat or anything else

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's only sancho stat screen... Nothing is clickable... No option to cheat or anything else
Of course there is. Everything is accessible via the MiniMenu. Most pics in the OP show it either open or closed (bottom-right of in-game screen), the iPatch teaser pics in the OP show it open. For the SanchoCheats select SanchoOptions from the MiniMenu, once it's open it's toggled between Options/Cheats as can be seen in OP teaser pics, second row, first 3 pics.

ale-nerd

Jan 29, 2019
sancho would it be possible to make mini menu little bigger or ass option for mini menu itself to be bigger? I play all my games with joiplay and the menu button is so small I can't click it half of the time and even when I do, I'm struggling to click any toggle. Pardon my sausage fingers, but just maybe add an option to have that menu bigger in settings for those who use small screen devices, that would greatly help

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
sancho would it be possible to make mini menu little bigger or ass option for mini menu itself to be bigger? I play all my games with joiplay and the menu button is so small I can't click it half of the time and even when I do, I'm struggling to click any toggle. Pardon my sausage fingers, but just maybe add an option to have that menu bigger in settings for those who use small screen devices, that would greatly help
Good morning. First, be careful how you ping folks... that ping did not go to me but some other user. I'm sure it'll either confuse the shit out of them or they've had this issue with folks pinging him by mistake before ;).

In regards to the mod scaling on smaller devices... this is where I'm on a fence that's both barbed and electrified. I know some of my mods work with joiplay to an extent but obviously I don't test them (I'm an apple dude but I do own shares in alphabet fwiw). Here's the rub: I don't want to inadvertently make scaling code that might hamper or otherwise change the PC user as that is my only one goal tbh BUT I've been thinking of a solution that may suit both. This solution requires someone like you to be a guinea pig though (since I'm not going to take time to DL and setup emulators as the mobile issues just aren't that important to me to spend the personal hours on). This is nothing against mobile folks but just please understand that in my world there is little personal time left in each day/week left so I'd rather spend it on me and those still alive around me that I charish (you get the idea).

Since joiplay does NOT emulate windows my thought is that I can write code to check if the player is on PC and if not to use a new "special scaling" for various aspects of the mod to suit those devices. Obviously this won't be a perfect coding scenario since some devices may be under 6" and others above but under 12". That variance can be huge but I'm only willing to go so far with this as there's no benefit to me or those I'm ultimately trying to serve with my freebies. Again, nothing personal.

So, a couple questions to you since you have some amount of experience with the platform:
  • When you use the mod in joiplay, referencing the teaser pic in the OP, row 1, the first and second pics: Do you see the "Help" and the "Quit" buttons on both or either screen example?
  • Given all the various screens in SanchoMod currently, which one gives the estimated minimum size font that may be suitable (for example the MiniStat screen on small, default, large, etc. or the Options screen, or the Stats screen, etc). Using something as a reference can reduce the amount of time of me guessing the required amount of scaling.
I really don't want to get too deep into this but if I can sort something quickly in a separate file zipped inside the SanchoMod directory, then the user who knows what to do can take that zipped file from the directory, extract it inside the game folder and that SanchoMod addendum file will look for and scale the device accordingly. It's a bit elaborate but will insure integrity for the PC folks which is my priority.

Regards.

ale-nerd

Jan 29, 2019
Good morning. First, be careful how you ping folks... that ping did not go to me but some other user. I'm sure it'll either confuse the shit out of them or they've had this issue with folks pinging him by mistake before ;).

In regards to the mod scaling on smaller devices... this is where I'm on a fence that's both barbed and electrified. I know some of my mods work with joiplay to an extent but obviously I don't test them (I'm an apple dude but I do own shares in alphabet fwiw). Here's the rub: I don't want to inadvertently make scaling code that might hamper or otherwise change the PC user as that is my only one goal tbh BUT I've been thinking of a solution that may suit both. This solution requires someone like you to be a guinea pig though (since I'm not going to take time to DL and setup emulators as the mobile issues just aren't that important to me to spend the personal hours on). This is nothing against mobile folks but just please understand that in my world there is little personal time left in each day/week left so I'd rather spend it on me and those still alive around me that I charish (you get the idea).

Since joiplay does NOT emulate windows my thought is that I can write code to check if the player is on PC and if not to use a new "special scaling" for various aspects of the mod to suit those devices. Obviously this won't be a perfect coding scenario since some devices may be under 6" and others above but under 12". That variance can be huge but I'm only willing to go so far with this as there's no benefit to me or those I'm ultimately trying to serve with my freebies. Again, nothing personal.

So, a couple questions to you since you have some amount of experience with the platform:
  • When you use the mod in joiplay, referencing the teaser pic in the OP, row 1, the first and second pics: Do you see the "Help" and the "Quit" buttons on both or either screen example?
  • Given all the various screens in SanchoMod currently, which one gives the estimated minimum size font that may be suitable (for example the MiniStat screen on small, default, large, etc. or the Options screen, or the Stats screen, etc). Using something as a reference can reduce the amount of time of me guessing the required amount of scaling.
I really don't want to get too deep into this but if I can sort something quickly in a separate file zipped inside the SanchoMod directory, then the user who knows what to do can take that zipped file from the directory, extract it inside the game folder and that SanchoMod addendum file will look for and scale the device accordingly. It's a bit elaborate but will insure integrity for the PC folks which is my priority.

Regards.
Good Morning Sancho, and pardon whoever the poor person that received my comment originally, I don't usually type comments, more of a lurker. Probably second post ever here.
So, just quick clarification so it makes more sense, all the mods are working fine when it comes down to modding the game (in fact this is why I prefer joiplay over Android ports, is because modding is easy on it). Also since I'm Guinea pig, I'll share some spec. I play on Galaxy s22 ultra, a compressed version of the game (as I usually do with any other game, clean or modded). Your mod is absolutely beautiful, and your mini Stat checker works great with extra scaling (large or xlarge does the job). Also maybe upscale it just a bit, because the bottom button (quick panel I believe) is so low that I cannot actually click it. I attached few screenshots of fresh clean install with your mod fresh install on top. Again, thank you for your great work. And for last, in terms of scaling, let's say if this is small one, and it goes from small to xlarge, then large would be good. Also, when I go to cheat menu, I know I can change values for main characters but I think because the slider part that I can grab on with finger is thin, I can grab it using a pinky maybe like 1/4of the time, or else it just closes menu and I have to try to open it again. Also I'm not sure if editing MC stats actually does anything but I wasn't able to figure it out, maybe because certain button is unseen/changing values not tappable, I'm not sure. Again, I appreciate your cooperation, and you are right, joiplay is far from perfect, but my laptop is still like a month en route through international shipping, so I'm still on stand by. Thank you greatly for your work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good Morning Sancho, and pardon whoever the poor person that received my comment originally, I don't usually type comments, more of a lurker. Probably second post ever here.
So, just quick clarification so it makes more sense, all the mods are working fine when it comes down to modding the game (in fact this is why I prefer joiplay over Android ports, is because modding is easy on it). Also since I'm Guinea pig, I'll share some spec. I play on Galaxy s22 ultra, a compressed version of the game (as I usually do with any other game, clean or modded). Your mod is absolutely beautiful, and your mini Stat checker works great with extra scaling (large or xlarge does the job). Also maybe upscale it just a bit, because the bottom button (quick panel I believe) is so low that I cannot actually click it. I attached few screenshots of fresh clean install with your mod fresh install on top. Again, thank you for your great work. And for last, in terms of scaling, let's say if this is small one, and it goes from small to xlarge, then large would be good. Also, when I go to cheat menu, I know I can change values for main characters but I think because the slider part that I can grab on with finger is thin, I can grab it using a pinky maybe like 1/4of the time, or else it just closes menu and I have to try to open it again. Also I'm not sure if editing MC stats actually does anything but I wasn't able to figure it out, maybe because certain button is unseen/changing values not tappable, I'm not sure. Again, I appreciate your cooperation, and you are right, joiplay is far from perfect, but my laptop is still like a month en route through international shipping, so I'm still on stand by. Thank you greatly for your work!
Please answer this from my above post so I can automate mobile use a bit:
  • Also, so I can shoot you a file, are you playing Sandbox or VN version?

Last edited:

ale-nerd

Jan 29, 2019
Please answer this from my above post so I can automate mobile use a bit:
If Ido understand you correctly, the teaser Pic of the OP is of the main menu? I cannot see help or quit buttons. Some of the games I do see it, on this one I don't. If I misunderstood something and you refer to mini menu, then no, I don't see it, the bottom panel I can see is quick menu.