Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hey, all the gamers out there,

So I need to make a statement about the release and the sandbox.

First of all, the idea of the sandbox came from my desire for people to return to the game, even if they are between releases.
I want this for people to remain merged into the world even if they finish the released update.
The sandbox part that we implemented for this release, was a hard one. From thinking of the concept, creating the documentation for implementation, to creating the UI, graphics and testing it overall to match the logic from the features.
The second point is that this is not the final sandbox and it's far from being even 15% completed. The UI will be improved, there will be more areas to see and more characters to interact too. Interactions can be taken at the kingdom level and at the empire level. According to your actions, you will unlock certain characters to interact with. We will add background music, gambling (I was thinking even of adding an arena where players can train and bet on a gladiator).
You will be able to expand the city to cover the whole land.
And the last point is for the question "Why did I release it in the first place if it's not finished." Well, because forums like this and sites like Patron are made to support games that are still in dev mode. From the pre-alpha to the release build. This is how I see it at least. I released this game, for one, because the story has reached this point where the induction to the kingdom management is done, and second, because I will centralize all the constructive feedback, and I will discuss with the dev how can we implement and when. So my intention is to call upon an active community to help in making this game great by seeing what they would love to play in a sandbox.

Let's make Colonia great again!

Yours,
MK - Founder of - I am not biting the dust.

Last edited:

Fenix02

Oct 20, 2020
here is my unofficial android port of Vis v1.4.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 11.07.2021 (v1.4)

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.

The66, something is wrong with ipatch in this last update. "Main" girls refers to mc as my lord, friend, etc. I tested patch with joy play and everything is fine just like on pc as well.

Vaginacraft

Nov 12, 2020
Hadn't seen this before. Got all excited 'cause the premise seemed cool and none of the tags mentioned Sandbox or Point And Click. It even said Visual Novel. Then I check the changelog and it says Sandbox was just implemented in this update. Lol. Oh, well.

P.S. I agree that Being A DIK implemented that whole renovation management thing better by just making it a part of the game and not the focus. But it still really sucks replaying it just to see all the different paths because of the multiple scenes where you have to go to different rooms and talk to everyone before you can continue. Even if you turn mini-games off, it's still a hassle. I just want Choose Your Own Adventure. I don't need any of this minigame shit. Especially in games that you need to replay multiple times to see all the content. I just want an interesting story with likable characters and a fucking ending. Do Devs really think that the wait between updates is made better by having to play these basic game mechanics? Because it doesn't.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
So my intention is to call upon an active community to help in making this game great by seeing what they would love to play in a sandbox.
The majority of people would rather not have one at all.
This is proven every time a poll is done on various patreons for VNs, sandbox is an almost universally disliked feature that almost always detracts from the story telling.

Its even more hated when a project starts out as a VN and sucks people in only to then 'bait and switch' to a sandbox later on as this does.
People start out playing a VN, start getting interested in the story and then suddenly there is a complete change into sandbox, something they had no interest in until that point, the story telling goes away and it becomes, for all intents and purposes a scene selector.
Click an icon, see a scene, go back to the "map".

And thats what you're making here except you're also adding a mind-numbing grind where nothing of value to the story happens while the reader waits to meet an arbitrary stat requirement [money/citizens/.etc] in order to do something to see the next scene.

So what we end up with here is a VN that is telling a story and then suddenly the VN goes away and we're left with a time-lapse scene selector that removes any flow or continuity the story had previously.

If you don't believe me then put a poll on the thread asking if people would prefer the new "sandbox" or would rather stay with the VN style of story-telling that we'd already become accustomed to.

Obviously in the end its your choice and you can do as you please, but if you genuinely want feedback then there it is.
I, for one, wont be playing a time-gated scene selector and I certainly wouldn't be loading it up between updates to see no new content.

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021

Is it patched ??

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
Maybe I'm missing a point here but wtf is with this sandbox? I understand the point of it, and i would be ok with it if you would kindly put journal with info that you need to get to "some" point and the story maybe continue as vn and after some time again some sandbox. But for this moment this game sits in background when i was doing shopping, washing and downloading other games and honestly i dont know if there is actually any point in keeping game open now or not, is there more scenes to see, more game to play? Where is the inside of the castle that was before in this "sandbox" in previous releases, where i can see the girls, where i can upgrade my skills? where i can see what to do next and is there anything next?

P.S: For F.S add the function to skip days or weeks, or maybe better months or years. :sneaky:

TurkeyDinosaur

Jan 9, 2020
So I've reached the sandbox part, started making some money... now what? Apart from make money and build stuff, the only thing I can interact with is the brothel which is the same person and the same scene... Do I persevere making money until I've built everything before it progresses or is this kind of the end of this update?

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes