GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Also in regards to build-up, this part is largely just personal preference, and it's something that a lot of games do, but enough with the handjobs already lol. Imo it's one of the most boring sexual acts that a man can have with another person. It's the one thing that I could just do myself :ROFLMAO:. I understand that you gotta start out somewhere, and build your way up. You don't want to start with just immediately railing someone in the ass, I get that lol. So one or two times is reasonable. But after that it just starts to get into frustrating blue-ball territory. Especially when the characters are adults and not teenagers.
So much this. Handjobs are the most boring fucking thing. Might as well just make it handholding. Devs really need to stop using this as a means to slow roll everything. Just be realistic. What do people do in real life? Well, I've banged girls first day meeting them. And if we didn't go that far, it was at least oral sex.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Just played this for the first time. My understanding is that I'm about 2/3 of the way through the current build (sandbox, even though I haven't reached that point yet), but I feel like I've accumulated enough thoughts to go ahead and give a few pieces of feedback. Before I do though, I want to say that any criticism is meant to be constructive, and that personal preference and opinion is not meant to be presented as objective fact.

I'll start with the more negative and then leave off on the more positive. I understand the concept of slow-burn and build up. It can often enhance the "payoff" and make it sweeter when you finally get there. I'm down with that. And I agree that you don't really want characters, particularly incest ones (let's not pretend here XD), just jumping immediately into the sack unless they already have a pre-established sexual relationship when the game starts. But as with many things, it can be taken too far. And I feel like this game is starting to venture into that realm. Let me also just say right here that I am one of those low-brow, knuckle-dragging pedestrians who want and enjoy actual sexual content in their adult games :LOL:. With that said, imo it is more disappointing than it is satisfying whenever 80-90% of a game's total content between main characters is spent just on build-up, with only 10-20% left for the actual, juicy, meaty sex content. If there is that much build-up, that can still be fine, as long as the game ends up being a long epic where there is still plenty of room left for a lot of payoff and sex content between the main characters.

Also in regards to build-up, this part is largely just personal preference, and it's something that a lot of games do, but enough with the handjobs already lol. Imo it's one of the most boring sexual acts that a man can have with another person. It's the one thing that I could just do myself :ROFLMAO:. I understand that you gotta start out somewhere, and build your way up. You don't want to start with just immediately railing someone in the ass, I get that lol. So one or two times is reasonable. But after that it just starts to get into frustrating blue-ball territory. Especially when the characters are adults and not teenagers.

On to the positives, I am enjoying the writing, world-building, characters, music, mystery, set pieces, character models, and a lot of other things. But sitting squarely at the top of the pyramid is Morrigan. She's already one of my favorite adult game characters ever. If there isn't at least one ending where MC and her don't ascend to King/Queen, Emperor/Empress, god/goddess status together and are pumping out some pure-blood heirs (boy/girl twins to further the line would just be a cherry on top), I'm going to be personally very disappointed lol. Ideally mom and lil sis will still be around as concubines, but hey, I can settle for just Morrigan if I have to :LOL:.

Also this is mostly just a minor footnote, but I liked that the game has its own unique themes like "paradise and oblivion" over the usual "heaven and hell", "daemons" instead of "demons", etc.

One of the reasons I'm one of the few who like sandbox (when it's done well) is that I like that things can progress when I'm ready for them to. I like feeling like I have more choice and interactivity and am not just on completely linear rails until the ending. And I like when it gets to "freeroam" mode with repeatable scenes (aka "Who do I feel like visiting/fucking first today, and how?"). So as I said, I'm not there yet, but I'm hoping to see something along those lines if applicable.

So overall I'm very much enjoying the game, though I do hope that there is a lot of actual, varied, and satisfying sex coming eventually with the main LIs to make up for all of the build-up. And I am 1000% #TeamMorrigan. Looking forward to finishing the playthrough, and for more in the future. My compliments and best wishes to the dev.
Hey mate,

First of all, thank you for your feedback as it is truly constructive. I am truly grateful when people sacrifice their time to write a well-constructed review.
Related to how relationships are progressing, I understand each one's concern and I am trying to build up the outcome as fast as I can without sacrificing the immersion. There will be some triggers that would advance your relationship with the characters past the known point. Most of the triggers consist of events that are to solidify the mc relation with those characters and those events should come in a chronological order assisted by MC's choices with the story.

Thank you for playing the game and I want to thank all the folks here for having a trip to Colonia.
Morrigan approves this message.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Hey mate,

First of all, thank you for your feedback as it is truly constructive. I am truly grateful when people sacrifice their time to write a well-constructed review.
Related to how relationships are progressing, I understand each one's concern and I am trying to build up the outcome as fast as I can without sacrificing the immersion. There will be some triggers that would advance your relationship with the characters past the known point. Most of the triggers consist of events that are to solidify the mc relation with those characters and those events should come in a chronological order assisted by MC's choices with the story.

Thank you for playing the game and I want to thank all the folks here for having a trip to Colonia.
Developer
Possible to add in-game settings to enable incest ???

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Hey mate,

You are most welcome! :)

As I said, and would just like to reiterate, I'm down for the buildup. I just personally hope that it all leads up to more than just one or two sex scenes, like some other games do.

Oh and something else that I just forgot to mention, I love the artwork on the screens with big choices. Like with the mother's "Desire" or "Faith" screen for example. It's a really nice added touch and well done.

And as just some more generic feedback (and again, just personal preference), I love having branching choices in these games. It makes it feel like an RPG where I'm taking part and my choices have weight that are steering the story. It gives the convincing illusion that it's "my" story. But one of the reasons that I, and I'm sure a lot of others like to use things like walkthrough mods, is that while it can be fun to feel some suspense and ripple effects, it's actually more frustrating than anything else in games like this when you run into an outcome that you don't want, and you find out that it's a result of a choice that you made more than three hours of playtime ago lol. I'm not sure what the ideal solution or answer would be to find a balance between suspense and clarity. But I just wanted to say that I think it's of importance to the overall enjoyment to minimize any instances of wanting to reload or restart for the wrong reasons. If I do a replay in a game like this (outside of just liking the game) it's usually because I've done the "noble king" playthrough, and now I want to try an "iron-fisted tyrant" playthrough or something. Not because I got Bad Ending but now have to practically restart the entire game to get back to that one choice lol. I haven't encountered that in this game yet or anything btw. I'm just talking about branching games in general.

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
So for some reason, everytime i enter the brothel, the scene ends with "no coin left" .. And it doesn't matter how filthy rich i am. What's the matter?

Reactions: Onetogo

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
I decided to share my (VIS CheatMod {Universal}). had a little time and added a new features to it.

it should work with Both Versions (VN, Sandbox) but it's more useful to the Sandbox players. as it has
(+50K Gold, +100 Happiness, +100 Citizens)

Enjoy!

Do you mind telling me how to use this? unpacked it into the GAME folder, but i can't find anything in-game.

Last edited:

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
Please what does the 1.5 fix does? I have a some errors while navigating in sandbox and want to make sure if it's a fix for this since some people used to have the same error

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes