Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018

Hi mates,

Well, as I said in the previous post, we are now finding new allies but this won't come without a cost.
I will present to you, Annabelle Von Wolfhart. A woman with astonishing beauty hides a dark truth and it will be up to you to find what it is.
In the end, the question is, what would you sacrifice to gain her as an ally?

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
First time trying this out, been fun so far but I gotta ask, is there any possible path to be more dominant? I'm not into the sub path... By the genres described in the thread, it doesn't have female dominant attached or anything, so even with the mods and the wiki I couldn't figure it out, the game itself doesn't seem to give me the options without locking me out of the other paths. Anyone?

I'm still at the start of it all though, going through 1.6.1 for the first time, so maybe with progress the MC starts to get more options, I'll keep an eye out. I just wanted to ask if it was a possibility to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
First time trying this out, been fun so far but I gotta ask, is there any possible path to be more dominant? I'm not into the sub path... By the genres described in the thread, it doesn't have female dominant attached or anything, so even with the mods and the wiki I couldn't figure it out, the game itself doesn't seem to give me the options without locking me out of the other paths. Anyone?

I'm still at the start of it all though, going through 1.6.1 for the first time, so maybe with progress the MC starts to get more options, I'll keep an eye out. I just wanted to ask if it was a possibility to have.
A sis of mc is dom. But it is optional

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
am i missing some thing i am playing 1.6.1 start and story feels like it skips a lot like im one place and then another saying i did some thing with out and showing it?

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
Well, I reached the end of the current version and I can say the following:
I found that in version 2.0 the patch only works until the end of the scene with Morgana, then Liliana and Morrigan turn into "friends".
Is there a fixed version of the patch?
I hope that Lilith will remain an active character even if you choose Christina, it is also unclear whether the twin sisters will have the opportunity to redeem themselves, because so far even on the "good" path I have a feeling that they will sacrifice themselves.
There is also a lack of "screen time" for some characters (like the cousin).
As for the sandbox, I don’t feel much enthusiasm, most often it only irritates me, although there are a few exceptions. The author, as far as I understand, is passionate about this idea, so it might be nice.
In general, I like almost everything, I'm glad that the project is not abandoned, despite the difficulties with development, good luck to the author in the development of the project.

unreasonableonion

Nov 24, 2018
in so many games characters bodies below thighs are like non-existent so it's super refreshing to see this game being an exception. it's not even about dedicated foot fetish scenes and stuff, just showing characters' bodies in full instead of knees and up. i have hope this continues as the game develops. thanks for your work. overall this really is an underrated game.

Feb 17, 2022
Man, I'm just so conflicted about this game. I love fantasy and medieval settings a lot and the ladies are all great... But then we have this MC that is so frustrating to play as... I mean if it wasn't for the ladies around him dragging him kicking and screaming to greatness he would be dead in a ditch somewhere. There are moments when it seems like he can pull his head outta his ass for a second and at least pretend to be an adult but then some useless story drama pops up and he just folds like a wet napkin.

I get a story needs a bit of strife to build character but it's not by his hand anything gets done, it's thanks to the women surrounding him and he chooses to repay that help by whoring out his mother? Like wtf is this anymore? Besides the whole storyline with the bodyguard chick that the MC loved fucking daddy dearest behind his back it just seems like the whole point of this game is designed to be played by those with a serious humiliation kink. If that was the target audience and I just missed the memo that's on me, but it seems it was sold as something completely opposite to that.

Gah! I really do like aspects of this game and want to enjoy it but at this point I can just no longer stick with it as it seems to be going in a direction I just can't look past anymore.

Reactions: ILoveSucuk

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Man, I'm just so conflicted about this game. I love fantasy and medieval settings a lot and the ladies are all great... But then we have this MC that is so frustrating to play as... I mean if it wasn't for the ladies around him dragging him kicking and screaming to greatness he would be dead in a ditch somewhere. There are moments when it seems like he can pull his head outta his ass for a second and at least pretend to be an adult but then some useless story drama pops up and he just folds like a wet napkin.
This part I'm in agreement with you. I like strong MC characters that are assertive and not indecisive(example: Long Road Home MC). He does get slightly better near the end as he stops being so irresponsible and starts to take serious running the kingdom.
I get a story needs a bit of strife to build character but it's not by his hand anything gets done, it's thanks to the women surrounding him and he chooses to repay that help by whoring out his mother? Like wtf is this anymore? Besides the whole storyline with the bodyguard chick that the MC loved fucking daddy dearest behind his back it just seems like the whole point of this game is designed to be played by those with a serious humiliation kink. If that was the target audience and I just missed the memo that's on me, but it seems it was sold as something completely opposite to that.
Whoring his mother out is an optional part of the game. You must have chosen to not forgive your mother as an choice to get this result.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
The future of the project Vis and Mad King games.

Hi mates! I hope all is good with you!
There is a time in our lives when for the sake of sanity, we take a few moments and think of what we achieved and what we will achieve, while keep walking on a certain path.
So I did the same with Vis. Since I first had the idea for the game, back in 2019, I wanted to deliver an experience that would at least rival the one that Dragon Age managed to inflict on me. I wanted to create a world where experiencing a micro world would lead to a macro. Based on an entire plot that would question existence itself.
So I took this quest, I bought a small boat and set sail for the unknown waters. As I was navigating, I encountered good weather and bad. Even, sometimes I've encountered monsters that I would have never thought existed, and yet we fought back. But with every storm and every fight, I would lose sailors, and I am here at this point, where I know there is still so much, until the end, that I think to myself if I should sacrifice more. I realize, that the boat and the gear are insufficient for the journey. Therefore I have to go back.
Coming back to more, modern words, I have gone through perspectives about the future of Vis. Since it started I sacrificed so much free time and to some extent, mental health that it steadily transformed from passion to a job. And I ended up in this place where I finish my daily job, sign out and then sign in to my second job, Vis. In time, this type of approach erodes your will. Also, since I started increasing the quality of the renders, I managed to add more time to the vis development. A time that only I would sacrifice. And then, the question came: "Is it worth it?".
To have an idea, in the current pace and funding to deliver the whole story, just with this character, I would need three more years, at least, to finish it.
Initially, I would say yes, for the remaining fans, but as the months passed, the numbers were in a continuous dive. And so the question doesn't get an answer.
On the other hand, as I mentioned above, the project has become more and more demanding. I started spending less time with the family, I started sleeping less, around 6 hours at best, and it also affected my performance at my current job. So I decided I needed to bring back my passion for developing games.
So, I came to this conclusion.
1) I will put Vis and Vis origins on hold and I will create a Kickstarter campaign. I think that what I have released until now could be a good demo for players to understand the world I would like to invest in. Every cent from Kickstarter will represent the budget for the game. My dream is to create e 3D RPG world, hopefully with character creation, where the player can free-roam, take side quests and have the main campaign. I know it's a big dream, but at least I won't try and deceive myself into thinking that I can create it using Renpy.
2) I will continue the game development. I was planning to start developing a game, a modern-themed one, after Vis, but given the decision I made, I will start the game dev now.
It's hard to bring this news to my current patrons and game fans, but I think that for the sake of Vis, my sanity and yours, I must reconsider my plans.
I will start creating the Kickstarter campaign, for Vis and after that, I will start revealing the characters for the new game.

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
I wish you good luck on your journey, sir. And I can only speak for myself, but VIS is definitely something refreshing to play, atleast in my experience so far, and hopefully this is for the best.

Also, my bad for flipping the page.
Replying so people can see your post;
The future of the project Vis and Mad King games.

Hi mates! I hope all is good with you!

There is a time in our lives when for the sake of sanity, we take a few moments and think of what we achieved and what we will achieve, while keep walking on a certain path. So I did the same with Vis. Since I first had the idea for the game, back in 2019, I wanted to deliver an experience that would at least rival the one that Dragon Age managed to inflict on me. I wanted to create a world where experiencing a micro world would lead to a macro. Based on an entire plot that would question existence itself. So I took this quest, I bought a small boat and set sail for the unknown waters. As I was navigating, I encountered good weather and bad. Even, sometimes I've encountered monsters that I would have never thought existed, and yet we fought back. But with every storm and every fight, I would lose sailors, and I am here at this point, where I know there is still so much, until the end, that I think to myself if I should sacrifice more. I realize, that the boat and the gear are insufficient for the journey. Therefore I have to go back. Coming back to more, modern words, I have gone through perspectives about the future of Vis. Since it started I sacrificed so much free time and to some extent, mental health that it steadily transformed from passion to a job. And I ended up in this place where I finish my daily job, sign out and then sign in to my second job, Vis. In time, this type of approach erodes your will. Also, since I started increasing the quality of the renders, I managed to add more time to the vis development. A time that only I would sacrifice. And then, the question came: "Is it worth it?".

To have an idea, in the current pace and funding to deliver the whole story, just with this character, I would need three more years, at least, to finish it.
Initially, I would say yes, for the remaining fans, but as the months passed, the numbers were in a continuous dive. And so the question doesn't get an answer.
On the other hand, as I mentioned above, the project has become more and more demanding. I started spending less time with the family, I started sleeping less, around 6 hours at best, and it also affected my performance at my current job. So I decided I needed to bring back my passion for developing games.
So, I came to this conclusion;

1) I will put Vis and Vis origins on hold and I will create a Kickstarter campaign. I think that what I have released until now could be a good demo for players to understand the world I would like to invest in. Every cent from Kickstarter will represent the budget for the game. My dream is to create e 3D RPG world, hopefully with character creation, where the player can free-roam, take side quests and have the main campaign. I know it's a big dream, but at least I won't try and deceive myself into thinking that I can create it using Renpy.

2) I will continue the game development. I was planning to start developing a game, a modern-themed one, after Vis, but given the decision I made, I will start the game dev now.

It's hard to bring this news to my current patrons and game fans, but I think that for the sake of Vis, my sanity and yours, I must reconsider my plans.
I will start creating the Kickstarter campaign, for Vis and after that, I will start revealing the characters for the new game.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022
cancelling the game because he has so little free time, and in the same breath mentioning kickstarter to fund something new. not even worth getting upset about such devs anymore

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
[" My dream is to create e 3D RPG world, hopefully with character creation, where the player can free-roam, take side quests and have the main campaign "]

only this one interesting.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
cancelling the game because he has so little free time, and in the same breath mentioning kickstarter to fund something new. not even worth getting upset about such devs anymore
The Kickstarter campaign is to hire a fully operational team to create Vis. As I mentioned, a 3D RPG game. That means that I will coordinate the team.

With the current state of Vis, I was creating a script of 14000 words per update, rendering 200+ images, testing the script and testing the game.

3.80 star(s) 87 Votes