redphoenix85

Dec 28, 2018
Hi, Is Morgana's scene at bath house dependent on prior choices? I have gone to the bath house but don't see her there

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1565028282177.png

Updates for the castle
Hi mates,
Besides new story content, the next release will contain updated version of the castle. The keep will be populated and redone so that it will reflect a more, royal way of life :). Also I am working on adding a day and night cycle.
With future updates as the player will pass checkpoints, interactions will be available to do with the main and side characters.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
After you come back to life there seems to be a gap. The switch from returning and than *bam* your are on the hunt ... could be smoother. Oh and I HATE game over decisions. Just get rid of them. They are NO decisions ... everyone will return and choose the other option. So you can skip them or make them count in a real way.
The worst - it is even bugged. When you have the choice to give M. the ring you have to choose the other option. When you choose to keep the ring you fail, when you give the ring to her you will survive and the text mentions that you still have the ring.

And then the game strikes you down with crappy free-roam. :( Up to that point it was a fun game ...
You can do nothing there ... absolut pointless mechanic. You have to click to continue the story ... why even start the free-roam at that point when you cant do anything? I am afraid of the coming updates. I think the whole free-roam is just for some side-plots or events to trigger (*bluarg* - trial and error trigger hunt?). Oh and add tool tips to the location buttons. Moving around sucks this way even more. But this will be just tedious and boring like in 99% of all free-roam games. Imho - just drop the free-roam and keep it a VN.

In general the plot is quite confusing and opens to many viewpoints ... that could be streamlined a lot. Especially all that afterlife/hell/oblivion stuff - its so confusing and in parts unnecessary or rushed. At the point of that Decima stuff i were so confused, that I lost interest. I wanted to continue in the keep with the MC. What I saw looked nice, but it was to much and I really didnt care. We know nothing about Anete (her whole introduction was rushed too) and now we see all this? ...
As I said - way to many sub-plots and all so messy. With the free-roam this might get even worse ... but maybe there is a way that it can help ... but i doubt that.

The world is nice and the girls look great, but the story is so overloaded and rushed. You should take more time to stick to the MC and his viewpoint and use that to its fullest. We jump so much from character to MC and to another character. And most of the time we change time and place and that is confusing. As an example. Where does all that stuff with Lilith and that William dude take place? or when? And who is he? ...

This is a good game and I hope that it will become even better (and like some other games will drop the free-roam ^^) in the future.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
After you come back to life there seems to be a gap. The switch from returning and than *bam* your are on the hunt ... could be smoother. Oh and I HATE game over decisions. Just get rid of them. They are NO decisions ... everyone will return and choose the other option. So you can skip them or make them count in a real way.
The worst - it is even bugged. When you have the choice to give M. the ring you have to choose the other option. When you choose to keep the ring you fail, when you give the ring to her you will survive and the text mentions that you still have the ring.

And then the game strikes you down with crappy free-roam. :( Up to that point it was a fun game ...
You can do nothing there ... absolut pointless mechanic. You have to click to continue the story ... why even start the free-roam at that point when you cant do anything? I am afraid of the coming updates. I think the whole free-roam is just for some side-plots or events to trigger (*bluarg* - trial and error trigger hunt?). Oh and add tool tips to the location buttons. Moving around sucks this way even more. But this will be just tedious and boring like in 99% of all free-roam games. Imho - just drop the free-roam and keep it a VN.

In general the plot is quite confusing and opens to many viewpoints ... that could be streamlined a lot. Especially all that afterlife/hell/oblivion stuff - its so confusing and in parts unnecessary or rushed. At the point of that Decima stuff i were so confused, that I lost interest. I wanted to continue in the keep with the MC. What I saw looked nice, but it was to much and I really didnt care. We know nothing about Anete (her whole introduction was rushed too) and now we see all this? ...
As I said - way to many sub-plots and all so messy. With the free-roam this might get even worse ... but maybe there is a way that it can help ... but i doubt that.

The world is nice and the girls look great, but the story is so overloaded and rushed. You should take more time to stick to the MC and his viewpoint and use that to its fullest. We jump so much from character to MC and to another character. And most of the time we change time and place and that is confusing. As an example. Where does all that stuff with Lilith and that William dude take place? or when? And who is he? ...

This is a good game and I hope that it will become even better (and like some other games will drop the free-roam ^^) in the future.
Hi mate,

First of all, thank you for your opinion. It is always always good to see if I am on the right track :).

I have a few arguments to add up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding the free room, in my opinion, it is a feature that enables the player to explore more the world I've created. At the beggining, there was a point and click for the main story, but now the main story is triggered through a campaign button.
Why it is the free room empty? Because of the dev effort. I can't deliver all at once but I can deliver with each update. Now I am working, besides the main story, to enhance the world. Of course, now it's empty, but within the future, the player will be able to interact with his/her main characters and do some crazy shit after some checkpoints in the main story are passed.

Why did I implement free-roaming?! Except for the argument above, because I like the idea. I love games like the Witcher, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and many others that had this feature.

Now to talk about the story. At this point there are still gaps to be filled, that is true. As I said in previous posts, with updates I will fill these gaps. There will be stories from the MC's point of view and from the point of view of other characters that are influencing the MC's life.

Thank you for the opinion and I do hope that we will meet in Vis.

Cheers,
Mad King.

Last edited:

M'95

May 17, 2019
The only thing what Confused me is what happend to twins who where esocrting mc one moment they where all happe together next morning they where simply gone no trace etc.. even after mc is back you dont even see what happened to them and they are no longer mentioned in the story.[/spoiler]
Yes that also seems strange to me, he accepted being told they were dead so easily.

We can probably expect one or both back sometime in future, enslaved and/or fighting for the enemy maybe?

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Yes that also seems strange to me, he accepted being told they were dead so easily.

We can probably expect one or both back sometime in future, enslaved and/or fighting for the enemy maybe?
They are dead as it gets, I find it surprising that some people missed this, their demise was important for setting the tone of this cruel and arbitrary world.

M'95

May 17, 2019
They are dead as it gets, I find it surprising that some people missed this, their demise was important for setting the tone of this cruel and arbitrary world.
Maybe you can shed some light on your conviction, instead of just "being surprised"?

If the death of Twins is so important to the story why not let the MC see the bodies?

Why did author not have some other way to enforce the sense they are really dead.

Would it not been much more powerful to see them both slain with MC a witness to it?

Last edited:

LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
cant trigger the bath house scene with Morrigan. When i click the campaign button it just bring me back to the main menu. is this a bug or the end for this version?

View attachment 365825 View attachment 365825
Are you using the walkthrough mod that The Witcher did from page 36? That mod ain't updated and it's for Version 0.6 for now at least unless if he updates it. Same thing happened to me. I could be totally wrong but what i did worked for me if you use it remove it. And put the original file back in the game folder. If you delete it Download the game again start new game and swalala it works.

Last edited:

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Maybe you can shed some light on your conviction, instead of just "being surprised"?
Sure mate, for one you have two random guards, they might be and mean something to the MC but overall in general story they are just a plot vehicle, MC goes with them, we are treated with content scene, they perish protecting their better while fighting a mysterious entity, MC confronts said entity, the reveal of what happened to his guards give him the final push to overcome his enemy and we watch as the MC is left with nothing but reminiscent memories of his guards and the life he had then. They served their purpose for plot, which opened up a bunch of other plots. In a uncaring world you tend to move on quickly from death, MC waking up god knows how long after, then deciding to go looking for the rotten corpses of his guards somewhere in middle of nowhere forest, would be unseemly and pointless.
Hope this clear things up.

M'95

May 17, 2019
Sure mate, for one you have two random guards, they might be and mean something to the MC but overall in general story they are just a plot vehicle, MC goes with them, we are treated with content scene, they perish protecting their better while fighting a mysterious entity, MC confronts said entity, the reveal of what happened to his guards give him the final push to overcome his enemy and we watch as the MC is left with nothing but reminiscent memories of his guards and the life he had then. They served their purpose for plot, which opened up a bunch of other plots. In a uncaring world you tend to move on quickly from death, MC waking up god knows how long after, then deciding to go looking for the rotten corpses of his guards somewhere in middle of nowhere forest, would be unseemly and pointless.
Hope this clear things up.
Yes, thank you it clears up my first question. (Maybe you can shed some light on your conviction, instead of just "being surprised"? ).

Sadly you choose to ignore my other points, I am open to be convinced as I don't proclaim to be right (only the author knows for sure), but your interpretation doesn't do it for me.

I guess we will see in the future what will become to be of the twins (if they did survive) and the rest of the story?

Last edited:

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Where youre floating in the bed with Morrigan, it shows cards for the 2 choices and the bottom choice has a white and black all seeing eye card. What does that do?
Hi mate,

The one eye card is a hint for the players to see that there is a hidden scene if they choose that path. A hidden scene that otherwise by selecting the other route, would not be available.

Cheers

Reactions: LordSanguine

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Sadly you choose to ignore my other points, I am open to be convinced as I don't proclaim to be right (only the author knows for sure), but your interpretation doesn't do it for me.

I guess we will see in the future what will become to be of the twins (if they did survive) and the rest of the story?
My bad homie, I din't feel the need to since allot of it is self explanatory. The death of twins served as Chekhov's gun, the fact that they died is not that important, not in the general scheme of MC's things anyways, its the thought of them being that counts as it what propels our MC to to fight for his life with vengeance. Sure the developer could have shown us the MC wandering the forest in the night and finding two lame stiff bodies covered in shitty photoshop blood laying in some stock forest area asset, but instead the way Assassin describes how she killed one and lured the other while pretending to be the already dead to her demise while toying with her is so much more in our heads without actually being shown.
When the Assassin begins gloating which is something that leads to her own demise, and MC has a knife to his throat there's no reason for him not to take everything she says at face value, if she managed this, surely the other two perished at her hands as well. The last point, I feel like it's still only the beginning of the story, which is very MC POV focused, him waking up in middle of the night with his compatriots just missing is much more dreadful then him witnessing some marvel showdown where both of them get stuck down, not to mention DAZ3D engine limitations, scene positioning, lighting, limited assets and all this other stuff could never do it justice. Just my opinion ofc, hope this answers your questions.

Also them coming back would be the most hack comic book shit ever lol.

M'95

May 17, 2019
My bad homie, I din't feel the need to since allot of it is self explanatory. The death of twins served as Chekhov's gun, the fact that they died is not that important, not in the general scheme of MC's things anyways, its the thought of them being that counts as it what propels our MC to to fight for his life with vengeance. Sure the developer could have shown us the MC wandering the forest in the night and finding two lame stiff bodies covered in shitty photoshop blood laying in some stock forest area asset, but instead the way Assassin describes how she killed one and lured the other while pretending to be the already dead to her demise while toying with her is so much more in our heads without actually being shown.
When the Assassin begins gloating which is something that leads to her own demise, and MC has a knife to his throat there's no reason for him not to take everything she says at face value, if she managed this, surely the other two perished at her hands as well. The last point, I feel like it's still only the beginning of the story, which is very MC POV focused, him waking up in middle of the night with his compatriots just missing is much more dreadful then him witnessing some marvel showdown where both of them get stuck down, not to mention DAZ3D engine limitations, scene positioning, lighting, limited assets and all this other stuff could never do it justice. Just my opinion ofc, hope this answers your questions.

Also them coming back would be the most hack comic book shit ever lol.
Hmm, yeah I can't disagree (without seeming petty) on a few points you make ( I hadn't considered the limited resources to create scenes). Maybe I am influenced by the fantasy books I have read. :unsure:

Anyways I like to be surprised (good or bad) and I will keep following Vis for that reason.

Thanks btw for replying to my post / questions without letting it become an exchange of insults (y)

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Hmm, yeah I can't disagree (without seeming petty) on a few points you make ( I hadn't considered the limited resources to create scenes). Maybe I am influenced by the fantasy books I have read. :unsure:

Anyways I like to be surprised (good or bad) and I will keep following Vis for that reason.

Thanks btw for replying to my post / questions without letting it become an exchange of insults (y)
God bless my friend.

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes