Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Lockdown is over and normal work days have resumed, so I don't have as much time to work on this as earlier.

That said, I'm almost done with the next update, I only need to fix some of the pictures and iron out a bunch of kinks (and probably add some others of the good kind along the way).

However, I've decided to cut down on the scope of this project, probably to around one-third of what I had originally planned. As mentioned, this is a learning experience for me, and I've already learned a lot. So much that it would be a shame to make all of this with the limitations my beginners floundering have imposed. It's either that or rewrite everything from scratch every time I figure out something new.

But fear not, everything I had planned I still plan to make, I'll just move it to some sort of sequel or second chapter. With lots more and better features.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
Updated OP.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So let's start with pros:

Character design; you've got a diverse (not that way liberals, I mean nobody looks 'samey'), quirky cast. If I see even one character from this game somewhere else I can instantly identify where it came from, that's not easy to do with the lower-end rendering programs so props to you! Also to use corporate-speak, brand recognition is important.

Content boldness (?); You aren't afraid to put in extreme kinks. Hey it may not be for everyone and that's okay, today's H-game market is awash in generic appeal, but don't forget the people who's interests aren't piqued by the mundane are still around.

Flexibility in mechanics; While it may not be fully implemented yet, I'm quite happy to see a set quest system for making 'money' at the milkmaids guild, I hate RNG with a passion so the harlots guild wasn't really for me but you've got your bases covered instead of pigeon-holing the player.

Now the cons:

Content presentation; As someone previously stated, I'd far rather see depictions of the scenes be both characters interacting with each other, with the pov shots supplementing them. Granted, I imagine since you're making this for practice and learning the scenes aren't your focus unless you're practicing rendering.

Economy; Sorry, but if I think for too long about why the MC can't just fill condoms herself it bugs me. Not unforgivable but yeah.

Lack of Warning; Honestly none of the content bothers me much, but it's pretty important to let people know what they're getting into when you do plan on including stuff outside of the vanilla range. Plus it keeps people from coming in, finding there's a bunch of stuff they don't like and whining "muh eyeeeeeeeees bleaaaaaaaach' XD

Finally I'd like to propose you post this on other sites. There's nothing wrong with f95zone as a forum but it's huge, generalized, and full of well... I think you'd find a lot more interest at some of the smaller niche sites, which tend to be more accepting of content outside the norm. futanaripalace for example, while rather low in number of users and activity is pretty much custom-made for interest in a game literally full of futanari. (lol, pretty good chance you're from there and I just don't know because I haven't logged in in forever.)

Reactions: Fluxcarnal

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Some good feedback there, thanks for taking your time to type it up!

I'm especially happy that you like the designs. One of the main reasons I wanted to do something like this for learning how to make a game was that in most other games everyone looks pretty much the same, so I tried to change that without going too much overboard with just throwing acccessories at them.

You're definitely right in that there should be real interacting shown between characters, no doubt about that. I find Charstudio is a piece of flaming garbage though, but I've started to figure out ways around that.

The rng in the Harlots Guild isn't really how I wanted to do it, but as there isn't a concept of time passing in the game (because I didn't know how to do it when I started!) I didn't know how else to implement it without it being just 'press here, make money'.

You'll be happy to know that both these things and the ability to fill condoms yourself is already in the followup, along with lots more ways to make money and, maybe even more importantly, things to spend them on. I'm piecing it together alongside this as I'm learning how more stuff works.

And yes, I should probably put in some warning or something. Didn't really think of that, because who reads those anyway?

VikingSnake

Sep 29, 2018
Is there a notification when theres no more story/content ? I dont know how much I have seen of the available content or if I'm just stuck

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Sort of, I included a choice of jobs for the guild that tells you they haven't been implemented yet, some of which will include ways to further the main storyline. If you have
you are as far along as you can get right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: VikingSnake

VikingSnake

Sep 29, 2018
Ok

There's also a bug that you can buy an infinite amount of Elven Vials when you have the 3 condoms AND it is possible to exchange one Vial infinitely for condoms

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluxcarnal
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes