Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Could you take a screenshot of your zipped archive? Specifically try to find the Game.exe in it without unzipping it. If the Game.exe is in there but vanishes after you unzip it, then we would be very interested in knowing if you are using Microsoft Windows Defender Anti-Virus or not.

Let us know before we continue this conversation further!

Jul 28, 2018
Could you take a screenshot of your zipped archive? Specifically try to find the Game.exe in it without unzipping it. If the Game.exe is in there but vanishes after you unzip it, then we would be very interested in knowing if you are using Microsoft Windows Defender Anti-Virus or not.
Looks like yesterday's Defender update decided that this nw.js EXE had a trojan. Virustotal says it's the only one doing it. After I updated to today's Defender update (1.393.2486.0) it didn't trigger again. YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

ZaWarudoReee

Aug 9, 2020

Let us know before we continue this conversation further!
It wasn't a zipped file before I unzipped it, it was a 7Z file that I couldn't even compress into a zipped file. I couldn't screenshot in time after I unzipped it before my anti-virus changed it, but it was a game before it turned into "notification_helper"

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
It wasn't a zipped file before I unzipped it, it was a 7Z file
.7z is already in a compressed state- like .zip and .rar. You don't need to re-compress it.
All you need is a free software like and it will work with all three .zip/.rar and .7z files and unzip the contents.

We prefer using .7z as it is far efficient at compressing data and triggers the AV less unlike .zip extension.

ZaWarudoReee

Aug 9, 2020
.7z is already in a compressed state- like .zip and .rar. You don't need to re-compress it.
All you need is a free software like and it will work with all three .zip/.rar and .7z files and unzip the contents.

We prefer using .7z as it is far efficient at compressing data and triggers the AV less unlike .zip extension.
already using 7zip i only tried recompressing it so I could try and show you the inside of the file before I unzipped it like you had requested. forget it, too much effort for one game anyway. good luck with the future of your project

Arietev152

Jun 22, 2018
for some reason windows keeps deleting the game.exe and calling it a trojan any solutions apart from telling windows defender to allow it?.

Jul 28, 2018
for some reason windows keeps deleting the game.exe and calling it a trojan any solutions apart from telling windows defender to allow it?.
You can try updating to the latest protection data by either manually Checking for Updates in Windows Update or going to Windows Security, Virus & threat protection, protection updates. Security Intelligence versions 1.393.2486.0 and 1.393.2540.0 (the first I got last night, the second when I checked a bit ago) both appear to not find anything; the version I had before updating yesterday did.

Telling Defender to allow it will work too, of course. It's a false positive.

Edit: Sadly, I tried it on another machine and the then-current Defender update reported it again. Looks like you have to tell Defender to allow it, sorry for the bad info.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaZam

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
already using 7zip i only tried recompressing it so I could try and show you the inside of the file
We're sorry, but re-compressing the game directory after the Game.exe has already vanished doesn't really help anyone troubleshoot anything. What we wanted to see was if the Game.exe was present in the original compressed download or not. Which either way we know it is present in there as we just rechecked the archive by downloading it from here.

You reporting such a unique issue, unreported by no one else mind you, tells us that you clearly need guidance to figure out where you are straying wrong. But then again, there are just three steps to it.

1. Download game from the original post here.
  2. Once the download finishes, if you have 7zip already, right click the downloaded file and hit "Extract here"[If you are on Win11, click "Show more Options" first before finding the "Extract here" command]
  3. Open the extracted folder and double click Game.exe and play.

But, by all means do what you feel best. We can't force our help on you.

It's a false positive. We went in great detail in this post explaining the situation affecting multiple developers: https://f95zone.to/threads/voidbound-v0-5-3c-public-cursed-atelier.43212/post-11278469
TL;DR: Unfortunately, outside of forcing Windows Defender to let it out of quarantine and allow it to stay is the only choice you have until Microsoft fixes their virus definitions.

sorry for the bad info.
You tried to help. That matters the most. Thank you :)

Last edited:

ZaWarudoReee

Aug 9, 2020
We're sorry, but re-compressing the game directory after the Game.exe has already vanished doesn't really help anyone troubleshoot anything. What we wanted to see was if the Game.exe was present in the original compressed download or not. Which either way we know it is present in there as we just rechecked the archive by downloading it from here.

You reporting such a unique issue, unreported by no one else mind you, tells us that you clearly need guidance to figure out where you are straying wrong. But then again, there are just three steps to it.

1. Download game from the original post here.
  2. Once the download finishes, if you have 7zip already, right click the downloaded file and hit "Extract here"[If you are on Win11, click "Show more Options" first before finding the "Extract here" command]
  3. Open the extracted folder and double click Game.exe and play.

But, by all means do what you feel best. We can't force our help on you.

It's a false positive. We went in great detail in this post explaining the situation affecting multiple developers: https://f95zone.to/threads/voidbound-v0-5-3c-public-cursed-atelier.43212/post-11278469
TL;DR: Unfortunately, outside of forcing Windows Defender to let it out of quarantine and allow it to stay is the only choice you have until Microsoft fixes their virus definitions.

You tried to help. That matters the most. Thank you :)
yea you definitely can't comprehend what I am telling you. I download the game and it appears as a single file. Not a zipped file that I can click into and see the contents. I only tried to compress it to attempt to show you a game.exe in a zipped format but you cannot do that for a single file. I'm going to download for the 4th time to show you what I mean. You shouldn't be so condescending towards someone who wants to be a fan of your work.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
yea you definitely can't comprehend what I am telling you. I download the game and it appears as a single file. Not a zipped file that I can click into and see the contents. I only tried to compress it to attempt to show you a game.exe in a zipped format but you cannot do that for a single file. I'm going to download for the 4th time to show you what I mean. You shouldn't be so condescending towards someone who wants to be a fan of your work.
Microsoft is bad about multi compressed files which fit every Renpy, Unity, and other game engines. Best thing to do is download to same folder all the time and exclude that folder in Windows Defender. You will find most of your problems go away that way.

Reactions: ZaWarudoReee

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
VoidBound-0.5.3d
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

kingbloo123

Jul 29, 2017
idk it this is a bug but I cannot finish the bounty hunter quest to get the license, I check every area but nothin new pop up nor can i enter any buildings other than the ones that are already available.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
idk it this is a bug but I cannot finish the bounty hunter quest to get the license, I check every area but nothin new pop up nor can i enter any buildings other than the ones that are already available.
Did you get the flower in the slums that is required for the quest to finish?
What is the last thing you did? And could you upload your save?

kingbloo123

Jul 29, 2017
Did you get the flower in the slums that is required for the quest to finish?
What is the last thing you did? And could you upload your save?
i can't remember the last thing I did from when you added the bounty hunter update. i think i talk to a person, but not sure after that.

here my save.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
i can't remember the last thing I did from when you added the bounty hunter update. i think i talk to a person, but not sure after that.

here my save.
Okay, you need to go to the slums that is the area to the left of you when you load that save.
In the middle is the big and long building, that is the long house. Inside of it, you will see a flower on the table.
That is your next step.

We have updated the the public build on our patreon in case you are interested, it will give you a new bounty quest after the introduction.
It will be uploaded here shortly.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes