Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I had a minor bug occur in the tutorial fight. After going through the movement, item use, etc. I got the message saying that the fight was meant to be lost. At that point you were able to use some of the options but not escape or attack. I used the rest action, then the tutorial enemy moved up to the top row and... the game sort of stopped in place right there. It wasn't frozen, but nothing occurred and required a restart. Not a big deal but not sure if it was repeatable or not.
Interesting. We received a similar report a few days back as well and investigation for the root cause has been underway since then. Unfortunately, only two people ever reported this phenomenon and you're one of them. While we're looking into the issue, any chance you could take a stab at reproducing the issue on your end? Maybe dive into the tutorial again and try to recreate your steps if you are up for it? Personally, we haven't been able to, which means the issue is erratically random and notorious evasive to nab. Still! We'll continue searching.

Not sure if this is the right place to point out bugs or typos.
This is absolutely the right place for it, so please keep reporting them with reservations. Though we ourselves are actively fixing grammatical goofs regularly, some tend to get through the net now and then. Appreciate your efforts x100 times :D

Reactions: AA300

AA300

Jun 12, 2023
I will attempt to recreate it and I'll see if that works.

When in the section where I am redirecting the steam, minor typo.
"Phew... there it is, the sweet rhythn of parts working together in perfect harmony."
Rhythm accidentally spelt with 'n' rather than 'm'.

Another with the treadmill scene shortly after.
"Every thrust feels like its reshaping my body"
Just missing a ' with 'it's' (90% sure that's more grammatically correct)

Shortly after that;
"Comms on. Jens, you there?"
Not a spelling error here, but between 'on.' and 'Jens' it appears like there isn't a space. Could just be how the text is displayed on my game? Possibly just a visual thing but I'm not sure how to verify it.

Right before boss fight.
"No reason to rush, then.Just gotta listen..."
Missing space, pretty sure of it.

Also in the tutorial fight, right before you gain control in order to lose the fight.
"Now let's end this thing. Let's loose!"
'Lose' is spelt as 'loose' (A very common misspelling that I see on the internet, humorous but annoying.)

*edit*
I'm having trouble recreating it during the fight. Issue being is that it appears to be dependent on AI movement rather than any actions you can take regarding the story, dialogue, or anything else. It's specifically tied to combat AI.

If it helps, the machine which is directly in front of Caly (where she was forced to move during the tutorial) had moved up 3 spaces (I think that is as high as it could go) and from there the game was locked. The only way to truly fix that might be to look at the AI.

So far enjoying the first dungeon's scenes, but not so much the first dungeon's dark and confusing layout. I did manage to figure it out on my own with some bumping around, but yeah. Feels pretty claustrophobic. Hard to focus while getting excited at the prospect of random robots taking advantage of me.

*edit 2*
In the first town, holy lag.

Bar scene, typo?
Lauren
"I was back for fteen minutes! Get out of here, all of you!"
Not sure if fifteen was misspelled or if that was just a speech eccentricity on her part.

Another note, is 'Art Store Employee' a headless sprite on purpose? :p

Shopkeep in the 'sex' district, first store on left, sells a mystery nameless item for 200cr.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cursed Atelier

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I will attempt to recreate it and I'll see if that works.

When in the section where I am redirecting the steam, minor typo.
"Phew... there it is, the sweet rhythn of parts working together in perfect harmony."
Rhythm accidentally spelt with 'n' rather than 'm'.

Another with the treadmill scene shortly after.
"Every thrust feels like its reshaping my body"
Just missing a ' with 'it's' (90% sure that's more grammatically correct)

Shortly after that;
"Comms on. Jens, you there?"
Not a spelling error here, but between 'on.' and 'Jens' it appears like there isn't a space. Could just be how the text is displayed on my game? Possibly just a visual thing but I'm not sure how to verify it.

Right before boss fight.
"No reason to rush, then.Just gotta listen..."
Missing space, pretty sure of it.

Also in the tutorial fight, right before you gain control in order to lose the fight.
"Now let's end this thing. Let's loose!"
'Lose' is spelt as 'loose' (A very common misspelling that I see on the internet, humorous but annoying.)

*edit*
I'm having trouble recreating it during the fight. Issue being is that it appears to be dependent on AI movement rather than any actions you can take regarding the story, dialogue, or anything else. It's specifically tied to combat AI.

If it helps, the machine which is directly in front of Caly (where she was forced to move during the tutorial) had moved up 3 spaces (I think that is as high as it could go) and from there the game was locked. The only way to truly fix that might be to look at the AI.

So far enjoying the first dungeon's scenes, but not so much the first dungeon's dark and confusing layout. I did manage to figure it out on my own with some bumping around, but yeah. Feels pretty claustrophobic. Hard to focus while getting excited at the prospect of random robots taking advantage of me.

*edit 2*
In the first town, holy lag.

Bar scene, typo?
Lauren
"I was back for fteen minutes! Get out of here, all of you!"
Not sure if fifteen was misspelled or if that was just a speech eccentricity on her part.

Another note, is 'Art Store Employee' a headless sprite on purpose? :p

Shopkeep in the 'sex' district, first store on left, sells a mystery nameless item for 200cr.
Thank you very much for all the reports, just fixed all the typos!

For the first dungeon, rest assure that is not going to stay, we are currently working on completely redoing the first dungeon. No more running around in the dark, we learned a lot since we first did that one.

Ressxd

May 28, 2020
Its probably just me and i missed something obvious, but where can i find the chip when doing the mission stealthily? Screenshot_2023-12-12-14-07-05-968_net.miririt.maldivesplayer.jpg

Jul 28, 2018
I started a new run with 0.5.5. In every fight I have to move straight forward (left) as far as I can before I can move anywhere else. I can take other actions if an enemy is in range. I've attached a save in the Tripteen factory where this keeps happening.

Also: in the rearranged first conversation on Haar's ship, everyone calls Mitsu by name before Caly's named it. (The first time is "I'm about to lose it when she says that. If Vas had her way, Mitsu would have been exhibit A for an autopsy right about now." Once you get to ask questions, everyone does it.)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I started a new run with 0.5.5. In every fight I have to move straight forward (left) as far as I can before I can move anywhere else. I can take other actions if an enemy is in range. I've attached a save in the Tripteen factory where this keeps happening.

Also: in the rearranged first conversation on Haar's ship, everyone calls Mitsu by name before Caly's named it. (The first time is "I'm about to lose it when she says that. If Vas had her way, Mitsu would have been exhibit A for an autopsy right about now." Once you get to ask questions, everyone does it.)
Thank you for the report, we will adjust it.

I assume in the combat, you mean that the starting position of the the player and enemy causes that every fight starts off as, that both parties need to move before anyone can attack?
If yes, that is something we are currently discussing internally to see how we want to address it.
We thought about moving the player and the enemy closer together but we fear if we do that, if some enemies get a turn before the player, then the enemy can simply attack a player before they can do anything, resulting in free and "unfair" damage.

Jul 28, 2018
Thank you for the report, we will adjust it.

I assume in the combat, you mean that the starting position of the the player and enemy causes that every fight starts off as, that both parties need to move before anyone can attack?
No, I mean you cannot move anywhere except four squares left, just like the first step of the tutorial. Every other square in your movement range is disabled. You can take other actions, but you cannot move freely until you move as indicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildquill

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
No, I mean you cannot move anywhere except four squares left, just like the first step of the tutorial. Every other square in your movement range is disabled. You can take other actions, but you cannot move freely until you move as indicated.
Yep, see the issue, looking into it, that is not supposed to happen.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
If you get the chance, can you try to pass a few turns?
Some additional testing has show that it only locks up the movement for a few turns, any chance you could confirm that?

Jul 28, 2018
If you get the chance, can you try to pass a few turns?
Some additional testing has show that it only locks up the movement for a few turns, any chance you could confirm that?
Looks like it opens up on Turn 4 doing nothing but End Turn. Maybe earlier if you do other commands? I'm out of testing time for now.

PM21

May 1, 2018
I haven't got the slightest clue where to go after the dream ends. Went on the trip with Haar, hung out with Vas, went back to the ship. Can't go anywhere in the ship. Where do I go to get to the end of the current content? Where do i start the next story step?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I haven't got the slightest clue where to go after the dream ends. Went on the trip with Haar, hung out with Vas, went back to the ship. Can't go anywhere in the ship. Where do I go to get to the end of the current content? Where do i start the next story step?
After the dream sequence there is no more story content currently, what you can do is do the side content that you haven't done before or do the bounty missions. Which you can find in the building in the pleasure district bottom right.

tannerjd2007

Sep 9, 2017
is this a bug or somethiing im missing? im stuck on the plant dungeon with the purple gate, ive cleared the entire place twice now clicked on everything i can and i just keep getting the same message, i need to find a way to open the gate?

dakotacj

Oct 22, 2018
So, the game won't run while Easy Anti-Cheat is running from another game (Black Desert). Why would it be doing that? (I didn't see any mention of EAC being attached to this game)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
So, the game won't run while Easy Anti-Cheat is running from another game (Black Desert). Why would it be doing that? (I didn't see any mention of EAC being attached to this game)
We haven't attached EAC or anything of that sorts to the game.
It might be something coming from the NWJS runtime the game is working from.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
is this a bug or somethiing im missing? im stuck on the plant dungeon with the purple gate, ive cleared the entire place twice now clicked on everything i can and i just keep getting the same message, i need to find a way to open the gate?
Did you pick up the floating stone tablet in the room to the right of the purple gate?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Yes I finally found it but, now I'm stuck in the mind mission with the dog. When I switch to the dog it's just stuck in place and can't go anywhere.
Can you upload your save so we can investigate the issue?
We will send you the save back after the issue has been fixed.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes