Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
hope that works.
Can you tell me where you got stuck exactly?
The save is before the puzzle and I just pulled the lever and switched to the dog and it worked like it should.

The circle at the wall or on the platform allows you to transform back to caly, and you can use the levers to raise or lower the platforms to make yourself a path to the end.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018
We haven't attached EAC or anything of that sorts to the game.
It might be something coming from the NWJS runtime the game is working from.
It might be something about how Voidbound uses Vulkan and/or Live2D. My meandering searches last night pointed towards nw.js programs using Vulkan rendering between processes, which might seem weird to an anti-cheat program. (Or it could be me not knowing enough about how these programs work.) I don't have another RPG Maker MV/MZ game handy that uses them, though, and even if I did no way to determine what specific thing might be causing problems.

I can confirm that you can't start Voidbound while Star Wars Squadrons (which also uses EAC) is sitting at its main menu. 4 nw.js instances appear in Background Processes but it doesn't make it to showing a window.

Ren'Py games with Live2D don't seem to be affected, FWIW. Neither do "regular" RPG Maker MV/MZ games.

At least the workaround is easy: only play one game at a time. ;)

Last edited:

dakotacj

Oct 22, 2018
For what it's worth, every single other game I have that uses nwjs runs perfectly fine with EAC active. It's just Voidbound that creates a hanging process that I have to go shutoff. I wish I could provide more information than just "game no run with EAC on" but after going through all my other ones making sure that they do work, and not having/knowing any logs to go off of, I don't know.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
It might be the version of nwjs itself, we will look into the issue qnd also try to contact EAC, doubt we will hear back though haha

Reactions: dakotacj

Shenshiry

Jun 4, 2021
Hey , how do i make the robot boss restrain me ? i have seen the image on gallery but in fight even if i'm naked he dont use the gag and restrain...

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hey , how do i make the robot boss restrain me ? i have seen the image on gallery but in fight even if i'm naked he dont use the gag and restrain...
Hey!
That is currently disabled, it was part of the old robot boss. It will make a return in the next update towards tripteen.

Reactions: Shenshiry

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
For what it's worth, every single other game I have that uses nwjs runs perfectly fine with EAC active. It's just Voidbound that creates a hanging process that I have to go shutoff. I wish I could provide more information than just "game no run with EAC on" but after going through all my other ones making sure that they do work, and not having/knowing any logs to go off of, I don't know.
It might be something about how Voidbound uses Vulkan and/or Live2D. My meandering searches last night pointed towards nw.js programs using Vulkan rendering between processes, which might seem weird to an anti-cheat program. (Or it could be me not knowing enough about how these programs work.) I don't have another RPG Maker MV/MZ game handy that uses them, though, and even if I did no way to determine what specific thing might be causing problems.

I can confirm that you can't start Voidbound while Star Wars Squadrons (which also uses EAC) is sitting at its main menu. 4 nw.js instances appear in Background Processes but it doesn't make it to showing a window.

Ren'Py games with Live2D don't seem to be affected, FWIW. Neither do "regular" RPG Maker MV/MZ games.

At least the workaround is easy: only play one game at a time. ;)
Hey,

so we looked into it, and figured out that the issue most likely is from the NWJS runtime package and not voidbound directly.
Voidbound 0.4.2 as examples doesn't have that issue, but the latest version does.
Only big different is that the previous versions ran with a NWJS version that was before version 0.70 from NWJS dropped.
The reason we had to update was because NWJS got flagged as a trojan by windows defender, which got fixed by updated to a version that is 0.80 or higher.
Sadly that also caused that windows 7 and 8.1 functionally are not supported anymore. And now after investigating, we are pretty certain it is also because of the higher version.
Fun fact, it only happens on the deployed build of the game, our editor build doesn't trigger anything.

Reactions: dakotacj

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
So the boss will have back is capacity to restrain ? and when you say next update it's here or on patreon ?
Yes, he will have the functionality to restrain and do a lot of other things as well.
The update will be available on patreon/steam etc., we don't know the date for the public release yet.
We don't know exactly when it will be coming out, our hopes are end of february, but we are not certain.

The update is going to feature the entire planet tripteen with dungeon, overhauled and expanded, with brand new art and traps/mini bosses etc. In a sense the same thing we did in the intro, so we can make sure the game is not just strong at the later stages but from the get go.

jkh115

Jun 11, 2021
Not sure if it has been said yet, but i think there is an issue in the tuturial, when i selected, ready to go, to leave the room the FMC is in, the game would just freeze, and i cant get anything to work, not even bringing up settings work.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Not sure if it has been said yet, but i think there is an issue in the tuturial, when i selected, ready to go, to leave the room the FMC is in, the game would just freeze, and i cant get anything to work, not even bringing up settings work.
Hey, do you have a save so we can reproduce the issue?
And does that one happen all the time, or only when you interact at a specific spot?

zwillinger

Aug 9, 2017
For anyone having problems to run the game on anything that isn't Wincrap, download an updated version of nwjs for your OS, and extract it into the game folder, run the game from the new executable
Tested on Linux and Mac

Reactions: gojira667

kassiemyst

Jun 4, 2021
It might have been a total fluke, but after 2 attempts of the tutorial fight locking up after clicking "Docking Tube?" I clicked "Who's that?" Instead and was able to progress. The other thing I did differently compared to the first was making sure i used movement on the turn you're given the prompt that it is unwinnable. Very bizarre bug and I'm not sure at all why it worked after doing those.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
It might have been a total fluke, but after 2 attempts of the tutorial fight locking up after clicking "Docking Tube?" I clicked "Who's that?" Instead and was able to progress. The other thing I did differently compared to the first was making sure i used movement on the turn you're given the prompt that it is unwinnable. Very bizarre bug and I'm not sure at all why it worked after doing those.
We will look into it, might be a movement route or something that gets stuck, thanks for the report!

Dec 9, 2018
Just started out, but did I miss the dialogue, where Vas learns about Caly being able to read minds? There is suddenly a line of "You are gonna read my mind anyways?" or similar and Caly accepts that?
And the name Mitsu for the bee just suddenly appears, I think, without any "I will name you Mitsu" or "there is a nametag with the name Mitsu around its neck" line.
Also that first "Quest Completed" seems kinda amiss in the tension of the escape.
That mega man battle network style fighting is what I am looking forward to now.

Reactions: Cursed Atelier
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes