Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Following LN/anime to the T just means the same unsatisfying ending for many baddies amongst female characters, not to mention MC being an annoing idiot for the sake of "comedy". Id rather see some fanfiction style liberty where he actually gets to keep fallen angel trio as pets/slaves after defeating them non-lethally
Except that in the post above yours, I literally say...

By canon, the protagonist creates a harem, but the game also allows you to create your harem in your own way, by for example including characters that in the series and other parody games have been chopped off, for example Raynare.
And if you played the game, not only the intro differs slightly to give more personality and history tibbits to the protagonist (Without overdoing it), but you can also start to change the story slightly by altering your stats. Not as a big choice as the one introduced on R4, but it adds up by the time the game covers newer volumes (With R4, I just finished covering the first volume).

Also, the protagonist never meets anybody else aside from Raynare and Dohnaseek, but I do plan on introducing the other two fallen angel women as side content in the game at some point.

lewds Asia day 1 and makes her Yandere, or gets a regression and acts as if he already knows the plot, like the reader does. Minus the butterfly effect. This? This feels a bit lazy.
When I read stuff like this, I simply ask myself... Why? It's almost as bad as those Trainer/Brothel games where you mindlessly put characters all over the place and they somehow want to fuck the protagonist just because.
I am not interested in ruining the characters of a story I love like that.

going by what all was talked about in the development thread some months ago, this tamed down version of issei is only the starting point. some events will be unavoidable like the 3 factions alliance and creation of DxD anti-terror swat teams. others will prob have a lot more drastic changes to them. winter be that guy that like to use canon as flagposts to know the path while weaving around them then possibly slitting off entirely depending on his end goals for the series based on what he and us thinks the series could've done a lot better.
^ He made me rewrite a big chunk of the game to introduce the choice to kill Raynare and still make everything work x).
But yeah, originally Raynare would only survive, now you can choose to also kill her.
That's to say that I never intended to follow the canon 1:1 for various reasons, including that introducing hentai content after 20+ whole volumes would be bad.
However, I don't want to fuck up the story either, my parody games have always been about following the source material, but giving the player the possibility to make choices (that will unavoidably diverge the plot from the original one), and also remove the obnoxious and constant interruptions when something sexy is about to happen, or the protagonist being totally oblivious.

The story is what gives the characters their soul, change mindlessly all of it and it'll be just another character with the same apperance. It doesn't do it for me.

Winterfire
In regards to the game will you also cover the events of LN too or stop somewhere around the anime?
This game only covers the LN. I like a few of the things the anime has done, but not most stuff.
Sometimes I'm unsure because I like both (Such as Viser's apperance), and in these cases I'll be doing a poll on patreon and subscribestar.

That being said, the game's main storyline will surely slow down a lot somewhere around the anime.
While a couple of characters (Asia basically at the beginning, Rias after you save her from Riser, ...) are manageable, once Xenovia and all the others join in, I'll be spending a lot of time just doing their sex scenes.
Not to mention the game will also have extra characters (Raynare, Yasaka, ...) and various galleries (Dress Break, In-map repeatable scenes, and of course hentai scenes occuring during the main storyline).

However, my goal is to cover all the LN eventually as I did with Overlord H.

• Haha
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

rance4747

May 25, 2018
When I read stuff like this, I simply ask myself... Why?
Good old power fantasy - thats why. The holy grail of all entertainment
Thats something that is being teased but is almoust never realized in most of the harem anime. And especially DXD light novel.

Truth is, what new players currently see for first 40 minutes as of now is a retelling of the anime they saw years ago but without the benefit of infinite pantsu shots, jiggle phisics, gore and the element of novelty of the original show. Some probably wont even pick up on the changes you made at first, because their memories are kinda hazy.

The promising part is that you implemented a grind meaning Issey has a chance to look much less like a pathetic weakling he was in the original, but again - what will he be grinding for? To simply simp over main heroines like he already succesfully did in the show and LN up until the point where after saving the world the hero was forced to wait several years still like a good doggy cause otherwise it would have been unfair to make Koneko feel left out? Or you know, to actually be a man and at some point take charge of his own horny fate, and possibly the fates of others too? Somehow the latter sounds a bit more appealing, altrough I guess thats just preferences.

It's almost as bad as those Trainer/Brothel games where you mindlessly put characters all over the place and they somehow want to fuck the protagonist just because.
I am not interested in ruining the characters of a story I love like that.
Please dont talk about brothel/slave trainers as if its an ENTIERLY bad genre with no gold nuggets in it - if we talk old stuff like "whore master" where you had entire galleries of non-interactable brothel characters thats one thing they are indeed boring, if we talk stuff like what Akabur with his Trainer games has made, im sorry but you have a comedy gold maledom with happy endings and some actual romance despite the setting.

Its not like stories like beauty and the beast arent one giant cultural innuendo about beastly horny bastards softening up to their kept women until they are redeemed, or that reversal of the trope with bad girls getting not only their fill of the dick but also redemtpion is impossible. Especially if Asia will nag Issei to be more forgivining while also becoing a bit jelly over time.

P.s.

Also, Ruined? Really?! Explain to me how Issey fucking sparred baddies in some Underworld mansion that Gremory would gift him canonically either way is any different from Momonga using breeding pens in OverlordH?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Was this iteration of Momonga spoiled because he decided to drain his boney balls and be a rapey bone daddy(litterally :LOL:)? IMHO if anything, having named characters that are actully baddies and kinda deserve it, and then give them a chance for an expanded story and redemption, if creator wishes for it, is much less dehumanizing than making some nameless girls of random spicies into a breeding cattle. :whistle:

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Good old power fantasy - thats why. The holy grail of all entertainment
Thats something that is being teased but is almoust never realized in most of the harem anime. And especially DXD light novel.

Truth is, what new players currently see for first 40 minutes as of now is a retelling of the anime they saw years ago but without the benefit of infinite pantsu shots, jiggle phisics, gore and the element of novelty of the original show. Some probably wont even pick up on the changes you made at first, because their memories are kinda hazy.

The promising part is that you implemented a grind meaning Issey has a chance to look much less like a pathetic weakling he was in the original, but again - what will he be grinding for? To simply simp over main heroines like he already succesfully did in the show and LN up until the point where after saving the world the hero was forced to wait several years still like a good doggy cause otherwise it would have been unfair to make Koneko feel left out? Or you know, to actually be a man and at some point take charge of his own horny fate, and possibly the fates of others too? Somehow the latter sounds a bit more appealing, altrough I guess thats just preferences.
I already mentioned it, but it wouldn't make much sense to wait for that long. It honestly feels forced. x)
In the game, the relationship will develop at a natural pacing, depending on when the heroines fell in love with Issei in the source material. So, Asia/Rias the earliest. Not a huge wait, especially once the side content will be made available by the time you unlock the collectibles.

It'll be progressive (Rias first, followed by Asia), so there won't be any waiting. By the time some characters are introduced or even fall in love with the protagonist, he'll already have some experience.

I'm aware that some people will give up within the first 40 minutes, or even earlier, and that's OK. I'm already aware that I won't be making everyone happy (obviously), but for those people other DxD games exist that they can enjoy.

Please dont talk about brothel/slave trainers as if its an ENTIERLY bad genre with no gold nuggets in it - if we talk old stuff like "whore master" where you had entire galleries of non-interactable brothel characters thats one thing they are indeed boring, if we talk stuff like what Akabur with his Trainer games has made, im sorry but you have a comedy gold maledom with happy endings and some actual romance despite the setting.

Its not like stories like beauty and the beast arent one giant cultural innuendo about beastly horny bastards softening up to their kept women until they are redeemed, or that reversal of the trope with bad girls getting not only their fill of the dick but also redemtpion is impossible. Especially if Asia will nag Issei to be more forgivining while also becoing a bit jelly over time.
I'm not saying they're bad. In fact, most of them are more successful and popular than my games, so it'd be crazy talk saying they're bad. It's just not my style, or something I personally enjoy.

My parodies are more fanfics that start the same way as the source material, and choice by choice, the story can divert quite a lot from the source material, or stay almost canon, depending on the player's preference. Excluding hentai stuff of course, which doesn't normally happen in the source material, but happens in my games.

I prefer this style because it's something that could very well happen in the canon story if the protagonist isn't super oblivious, or purposely written not to have any hentai/relationship occur. There's also the added context of the (mostly) original story which keeps the heroines' personalities intact.

Also, Ruined? Really?! Explain to me how Issey
I meant this part:

lewds Asia day 1 and makes her Yandere
It doesn't make sense for Issei to just assault someone, and for that someone to just turn Yandere (Granted that I love Yandere).
Doesn't make any sense to me just for the sake of having slightly earlier content or to forcefully make something more unique.
The original romance between the two (Which happens early anyway) is much better, and keeps her character intact.

That's not to say that my game will not (or doesn't currently have) original and unique content, but it has to make sense to me, and should always have the source as the base and be somewhat believable within reason (like with the whole collectibles thing, or the future side scenes I'll be implementing).

Reactions: rance4747

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
^ He made me rewrite a big chunk of the game to introduce the choice to kill Raynare and still make everything work x).
guilty as charged. that was a interesting debate and workshop session though. still a bit surprised your patreon supporters agreed with the idea. just going by the similarities to clementine (and how popular she is) in overlord H, i honestly expected more to be in favor of keeping raynare alive as the only option.

but with that said canon clementine seems to have this something that canon raynare doesn't. and i can't put my finger on what exactly. but i think it's something like clementine owning her sins and having more of a weird warrior's mindset or something making her just seem more redeemable to me. where as raynare just seems pathetically evil in comparison. *shrug*

rance4747

May 25, 2018
It doesn't make sense for Issei to just assault someone, and for that someone to just turn Yandere (Granted that I love Yandere).
Doesn't make any sense to me just for the sake of having slightly earlier content or to forcefully make something more unique.
The original romance between the two (Which happens early anyway) is much better, and keeps her character intact.
It was more of a trow away plotline to make an example, but as for MC... to be honest i wasnt even talking about straight our rape in this one. More in terms of seduction by the power of bullshit.(litterally)

Like, he sees how innocent(and kinda dumb if we are honest) the nun is, horny devil brain activates in overdrive, and after a brief date with some touching he tells her all about the birds and the bees with demonstration, only for her to...

1) Like it. Sure defloration is painfull but just like with simple frendship, it would have been the first time someone is this close to her, which is nice.
2) Later learn that this is what only a married couples should do and that he kidna took her first time. Yes she was this clueless at the start in cannon before meeting Aika. This information along with desire to repeat and seeing him with other girls would feasably trigger her obsession to tie a knot like a good christian girl. Shenenegans ensue.
3) He actually has even more reasons to spank the fallen if they decided to fuck, or worse, the fallen stop him mid way (aka there doesnt even have to be a penetration for Assia to belive they already did it if you wish to keep the romance plotline otherwise intact.)

That's not to say that my game will not (or doesn't currently have) original and unique content, but it has to make sense to me, and should always have the source as the base and be somewhat believable within reason (like with the whole collectibles thing, or the future side scenes I'll be implementing).
What if I tell you, just like In OverlordH you can easely have a main plot line with romances while still keeping baddies like captured fallen or subdued rogue devils as an interractable collectables that can evolve into romance options down the line if the patrons like them enough?

Again basically starting from the Riser arc, if not earlier, Issey got himself an underworld mansion with tonns of maids that Rias kinda made him skip a little cause after Issey saving her from Riser she got a bit jelly. If he gets access to that, but without as many maids, and an arc earlier for some reason, like becoming really powerfull really fast(you want to ensure the loyalty and continuous grows of your pieces if you are a king of the pirrage after all, also a reason for players to grind)
Rias wont really have the reason to stop him from visiting his place via some teleport device to be the kind of his personal mansion in underworld, with all the benefits of it.

Devils have their vices after all, no one bats an eye that Akeno like to hardcore torture her enemies if she gets the chance.

rance4747

May 25, 2018
guilty as charged. that was a interesting debate and workshop session though. still a bit surprised your patreon supporters agreed with the idea. just going by the similarities to clementine (and how popular she is) in overlord H, i honestly expected more to be in favor of keeping raynare alive as the only option.

but with that said canon clementine seems to have this something that canon raynare doesn't. and i can't put my finger on what exactly. but i think it's something like clementine owning her sins and having more of a weird warrior's mindset or something making her just seem more redeemable to me. where as raynare just seems pathetically evil in comparison. *shrug*
Meh, if I remember correctly Raynare in cannon has an obesessive crush on the daddy of the fallen in chief - Azazel, and basically all her reasonings to get stronger is to become his woman.
Imagine being a she-grunt that grinds for who knows how many decades or even centuries to be with the object of her obssesion that just happens to be a leader of a faction.
Thats the level of ambition on par with "Im gonna become a Hokage" mixed with reasoning of Harley Quinn, with added benefit of casual disregard for human beings as people to begin with. Something tells me that making her to finally let go of that dream and face the reality that is demon dick upgaded with boooooster that she to her horror kinda starts enjoing is a fun concept. And actually almouts realistic, cause centuries of no sex aside from maybe some favor exchanges with her female collegues(just like harly that never cheated on the Joker with dudes, but went on a veggie diet when it comes to Ivy) makes big boobied evil birbs get pent up like crazy.

Mittel lore can be explanded with something like cupid heritage not allowing her to age past current looks. And that she uses Rainare both for protection from local winged pedobears amongst the fallen faction, and maybe even as an occasional lover/wingwoman, while bribing her with promises to help her with her limited Cupid powers when it comes to finally meeting Azazel(she can possibly also have simmilar ambitions to her boss but in a tamer way and atracted mostly to power to get even more protection).

And Kala, considering that her model is basically a reference to several japanese Ryona style beatups from the 90th, make her a an informant of Kokabiel, that would reluctantly spill the beans under pressure in certain places in exchange for better favorability.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

I lost most of my Overlord H supporters a long time ago, but in general people won't say no to having more options. People that want Raynare to live can pick the option and have an extra heroine in the harem, and those who hate her can dispose of her.

That being said, Raynare is unnecessary because Akeno offers much more. Most people that like Raynare (Despite having Akeno) just haven't read the LN.
Even if you accept Raynare for what she is, and the fact that Akeno is obviously superior, but still want to lewd her for some reason, you need to write a lost of custom story to make her feel somewhat alive.
She's obviously a throwaway character, barely better than Viser or Kalawarna (Whose design is better than Raynare's).

Clementine on the other hand is a full fledged character which helps a lot to make her feel alive, with an unique design which offers something that the other heroines don't, and her personality isn't evil just because she needs to fill a role.
By all means, she's a really powerful character. Gazef is widely known, yet she's even more powerful, she can totally afford being cocky (Unlike Raynare). However, when someone 60+ levels above you randomly appears out of nowhere, you get humbled quickly.

It was more of a trow away plotline to make an example, but as for MC... to be honest i wasnt even talking about straight our rape in this one. More in terms of seduction by the power of bullshit.(litterally)

Like, he sees how innocent(and kinda dumb if we are honest) the nun is, horny devil brain activates in overdrive, and after a brief date with some touching he tells her all about the birds and the bees with demonstration, only for her to...

1) Like it. Sure defloration is painfull but just like with simple frendship, it would have been the first time someone is this close to her, which is nice.
2) Later learn that this is what only a married couples should do and that he kidna took her first time. Yes she was this clueless at the start in cannon before meeting Aika. This information along with desire to repeat and seeing him with other girls would feasably trigger her obsession to tie a knot like a good christian girl. Shenenegans ensue.
3) He actually has even more reasons to spank the fallen if they decided to fuck, or worse, the fallen stop him mid way (aka there doesnt even have to be a penetration for Assia to belive they already did it if you wish to keep the romance plotline otherwise intact.)
There are many problems with that, excluding the lack of experience (therefore confidence) of the protagonist at that point, and the lack of a place where to do it (Where she'd be willing to follow him), there's also the issue that Asia is not a loose woman and despite falling in love with Issei before even Rias does, it's still not THAT early in the story.

Even putting all of that aside, Asia at that point of the story is being recruited by the Grigori for her Sacred Gear, but Raynare is trying to steal her power instead. There wouldn't be time to develop anything decent in that frame of time, and even if you manage to, it'd be a wasted effort since she falls in love with the protagonist shortly after that situation is solved.

What if I tell you, just like In OverlordH you can easely have a main plot line with romances while still keeping baddies like captured fallen or subdued rogue devils as an interractable collectables that can evolve into romance options down the line if the patrons like them enough?
Not in the same way, but I already have plans for that. I wouldn't quite call it "Romance", but it's how I plan to make characters like Viser, Kalawarna, and so on work. They won't be main heroines like Raynare can potentially be if she's not killed, but that's by design since having too many heroines involved in the main story would get very hard to manage.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Why are these "indie devs" so abhorred by the concept of collaboration? Even if they are they will always wait to try and take credit for all of the other party's work without doing anything on their own initative with tons of pointless discord drama that kills these projects if they aren't outright patreon milking scams with zero intention of ever completing the damn thing.

Sure there are the rare few who are legit like Paradise Lust's developers, but they didn't start by asset ripping shit out of Koikatsu like every other shitposter on the site if its not some weird crappy Daz3D shit.
Uhh... What does this have to do with me/this project? Did you reply in the wrong thread? x)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
is there a way to skip the mini game or u can.t?
You can autowin the minigame by using FPs.

how long is the mini game ?
It can be as long as you want, if you get a good score, you can just play once and probably have experience to spare for a while.

that sucks u can.t skip the mini game
You can autowin the minigame by using FPs, which is technically skipping the minigame.

is there a cheat code that u can skip a mini game?
Yes. There is a cheat code that adds FPs, you can autowin the minigame by using FPs, which is technically skipping the minigame.

Nov 2, 2020
A new update is released monthly.
ill be honest... don't add the option of changing names and nicknames... his last name stays Hyoudou which may make players who want to not be Issei disappointed. Remove it and so far...I'll be honest. the game barely has enough to be considered the what-if paths mentioned...

You cant seem to escape Rias or death... just food for thought... you may as well make Issei the MC without changing names then. I could name a few ideas to bounce off you though to help.

the writing is greatly made though. some grammatical errors but not immersion breaking.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
ill be honest... don't add the option of changing names and nicknames... his last name stays Hyoudou which may make players who want to not be Issei disappointed. Remove it and so far...I'll be honest.
The option of changing name and nickname was a requested one, by default most people play with the default name.
Only Kiba at the beginning refers to you with your last name, but eventually most people shift to your nickname.
Not really worth creating a variable just for something that won't be used.

the game barely has enough to be considered the what-if paths mentioned...
In only four releases which cover only the first volume, there's already an important choice that branches the plot.
There are also a few indirect ones making use of the gameplay features.
Since this is a harem game, I originally designed it to be fully completable in a single playthrough, while this is no longer possible, at its core you'll be able to unlock almost everything in the "sandbox", with very few missable scenes/CGs which are the heroine's birthdays.

You cant seem to escape Rias or death...
That would be a whole different game, and most people playing these games would rather do the exact opposite than escaping when it comes to Rias.

Issei the MC without changing names then.
Issei is the protagonist, you play as Issei in first person, which can have a different name/nickname along other choices you can make in the game.
I honestly don't care that much about the custom names, none of my previous parodies had this feature.
However the name "Issei" is irrelevant to the story (aside from its meaning, which is a neat trivia), so it costs me nothing to offer a choice.

I could name a few ideas to bounce off you though to help.

the writing is greatly made though. some grammatical errors but not immersion breaking.
Ideas and bug reports (including typos) are always welcome.

Reactions: Tim Long Curry