VN Ren'Py Vulgar Reverie [v0.08] [Saxonado Studios]

4.90 star(s) 34 Votes
Sep 19, 2024
Game is good, but could be better
Saying something, and yet, nothing at all. If you're disappointed it wouldn't hurt to give the dev a little feedback.

As to the pace of the game - I like it. If a flame burns too hot it usually burns out too soon. This game is more about the husband and wife's journey and not about how many other men the wife can fuck in a short amount of time. There's a ton of other games where the wife is a slut and fucks everything that moves, this game doesn't have to be one of them. Why not appreciate the game for what it is...

dresstothrill

Jun 30, 2024
Saying something, and yet, nothing at all. If you're disappointed it wouldn't hurt to give the dev a little feedback.
You're certainly right about that. There is a lot to like, and one could easily go into the details. But I think that should be up to the dev to figure out.

I would have liked this episode to have some prompts, to make a choice once in a while. Not to have branching paths or anything complicated like that, but just a way to flavour the text in one way or the other (green/blue), story outcome still being the same, even if there wasn't any natural place to have a red what-if choice.

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
[

As to the pace of the game - I like it. If a flame burns too hot it usually burns out too soon. This game is more about the husband and wife's journey and not about how many other men the wife can fuck in a short amount of time. There's a ton of other games where the wife is a slut and fucks everything that moves, this game doesn't have to be one of them. Why not appreciate the game for what it is...
You're certainly right about that. There is a lot to like, and one could easily go into the details. But I think that should be up to the dev to figure out.

I would have liked this episode to have some prompts, to make a choice once in a while. Not to have branching paths or anything complicated like that, but just a way to flavour the text in one way or the other (green/blue), story outcome still being the same, even if there wasn't any natural place to have a red what-if choice.
do you guys pay for his patreon?

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
This game could really use some fan signatures! I was thinking of rocking one, and then remembered there aren't any yet.
If I could make some decent ones I'd do it myself. However, I suck at anything animation and haven't made anything non-animated in a long time, so It would take too long. If I wasn't so rusty I'd definitely give it a shot though.
GFX Request Thread?

LksLight

Feb 18, 2022
I've been keeping up this game for a while now. Every single update has been amazing and has kept me on the edge of my seat for more-- up to this point, that is. All this amazing, extremely hot build up for... for this? Seriously? A 3 minutes one-and-done fuck? Is that all the author could come up with for their first cuckold experiency and last day of trip? A boring fuck? Seriously? After lover-boy Jack talking all that shit? The best he could do was a ultra vanilla one-and-done? That shit legit made me lose interest on this project.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I've been keeping up this game for a while now. Every single update has been amazing and has kept me on the edge of my seat for more-- up to this point, that is. All this amazing, extremely hot build up for... for this? Seriously? A 3 minutes one-and-done fuck? Is that all the author could come up with for their first cuckold experiency and last day of trip? A boring fuck? Seriously? After lover-boy Jack talking all that shit? The best he could do was a ultra vanilla one-and-done? That shit legit made me lose interest on this project.
You have your ups and downs, if you lose interest because of one update you never were interested in the first place

LksLight

Feb 18, 2022
You have your ups and downs, if you lose interest because of one update you never were interested in the first place
That's not how it works. When you get served shit, you don't say "awww shucks, I'll come back next week and hopefully I won't be served stir fried shit again". That whole scene was extremely disappointing. Actually, all sex scenes with the husband have been sub-par, and that sort of served as a build up for a bull that would give her the fuck of her life and shake up her world... But that didn't happen! Literally her first fuck with someone else was EXTREMELY underwhelming, rushed, shorter and with less action than every single other scene she had with her husband. Shovelware NTR games with machine translation have better scenes than that. Anyway, great art with average writing and piss-poor scenes is what this game will deliver, it seems.

nidezrel

Jul 18, 2020
i'm with you but didn't want to be a hater.

the build up felt very unsexy to me. so much TALKING ABOUT IT instead of just being swept away with passion/romance/horniness/whatever.

it felt like two guys on facebook marketplace negotiating selling a boat
I'm afraid I might feel the same. I was really excited for the big sex scene scene, but found that it didn't excite me much. It just lacked tension. I am not sure I've parsed out fully why, but I think yeah, the fact that it's a sure thing from the beginning of the day sucks out the excitement a little. It also felt a little quick.

It's hard, because I *love* that they have great communication from the husband and wife and bull, and there's no NTR vibes, but Amelia being so down for it makes it less exciting than a wife where you have to break her defenses. I'm sure there's a way to still build excitement with a wife like this (and not deal in NTR vibes), but at the moment I'm not sure what that is. Maybe a little more consensual scheming from her side, kinda like NT00's Yumi? I wouldn't want Amelia to go as far as Yumi goes though.

I think there's also something to be said about how Jack being this young twink makes for a less exciting bull. Having the exact same setup but with Geist would have probably been sexier, just cause he's more intimidating.

Having the husband fuck her after Jack would've probably added to the scene.

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
Yea. When I mentioned that I was disappointed, I wasn't disappointed in how this game compares to other games. I was disappointed with how the biggest, most important scene for this game compared to other important scenes within this game!
So far for ME the hottest scene was from the club. It was built to nicely, the anticipation was high and MC felt anxious. When you finally find your wife she's got her tits exposed on the middle of the dancefloor and some rando has a full handful of tiddy, and a hand filled with her ass. It was hot! Then the Geist, even though he was a dick, that scene was longer and had more build-up as well. More effort went into that scene. Then was have the first scene with sex. You can only do the first sex scene ONCE so I figured they'd go all out with a similar feel from the club with build up, anticipation and MC being extremely anxious, yet horny. It kinda just happens... you move on and it's the end of the update.
I'm also aware that my experience with the update is just my own and I'm glad others enjoyed it!

nidezrel

Jul 18, 2020
That's a good point, the MC is not anxious at all, and neither is Ammie. That really doesn't drum up much excitement for me as the reader. I agree, the bar scene in comparison was highly exciting, and the Geist one was decent too.

Reactions: luminaz
Jun 18, 2022
That's a good point, the MC is not anxious at all, and neither is Ammie. That really doesn't drum up much excitement for me as the reader. I agree, the bar scene in comparison was highly exciting, and the Geist one was decent too.
I mean this is me as well. But that's because I like NTR more than NTS. From a strictly NTS point of view the scene was very good. It was their first time dipping their toes in the water and it ended in a satisfactory way that they have plenty of time to explore further.

If this was an NTR game then we'd probably see more anxiety but its not.

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
So far for ME the hottest scene was from the club. It was built to nicely, the anticipation was high and MC felt anxious. When you finally find your wife she's got her tits exposed on the middle of the dancefloor and some rando has a full handful of tiddy, and a hand filled with her ass. It was hot!
yea but notice those scenes were also the "riskiest" scenes where ammie had less explicit permission and just got carried away.

i get characterized as a pro-NTR poster in other threads, but im not, im mostly ambivalent. i just find the constant reassurances and permission-asking and negotiating to be very unsexy. the whole excitement with NTS is getting swept up in a feeling and let it carry you to a taboo place. the more you talk about it and establish rules around it, the less hot it gets.

which is why ive advised devs not to listen to the members of the audience who THINK they want couples-therapy-approved consent between partners. in real life thats a great idea, but it makes for a boring video game.

i think a decent compromise is a dev who says "look this game is gonna have a happy ending, relax and enjoy the drama that unfolds" but the consumers of this content are often jealous and immature by nature and can't handle even the slightest bit of ambiguity

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
yea but notice those scenes were also the "riskiest" scenes where ammie had less explicit permission and just got carried away.

i get characterized as a pro-NTR poster in other threads, but im not, im mostly ambivalent. i just find the constant reassurances and permission-asking and negotiating to be very unsexy. the whole excitement with NTS is getting swept up in a feeling and let it carry you to a taboo place. the more you talk about it and establish rules around it, the less hot it gets.

which is why ive advised devs not to listen to the members of the audience who THINK they want couples-therapy-approved consent between partners. in real life thats a great idea, but it makes for a boring video game.

i think a decent compromise is a dev who says "look this game is gonna have a happy ending, relax and enjoy the drama that unfolds" but the consumers of this content are often jealous and immature by nature and can't handle even the slightest bit of ambiguity
That's true. If she'd have just shocked him last update and was actually riding the guy, that would have been a lot hotter than what we got. I feel like emotions were high, MC was super into it, and it was spontaneous. I hate to go on about it because it sounds like I'm upset about the game. I'm not, I liked it, I just expected more.

nidezrel

Jul 18, 2020
That definitely would've been more exciting, for sure. With a little more communication in the moment, and then they agree on it and she does it while momentum is hot, that would've been great. I still think the communication part is super important, and doesn't need to kill the buzz, if the timing is done well. The extra day added here is kinda what makes the tension fizzle out.

Some of these scenes are probably too deep to be retconned, even if the game is still in development, but hopefully Saxxy can still improve the script. For a first work, it's still pretty impressive.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 34 Votes