armond

Apr 26, 2020
Just played through this for the first time, pretty fun, a lot of "choices" that don't matter but that's pretty standard, annoying, but standard.

Reactions: notBatman747

masseuse

Oct 27, 2022
Whoops, I figured it out a few releases ago when I had a similar problem but I guess I forgot other people may be having the same issue. The problem comes from the developer switching to a version of Renpy(8.1.0) that has MMX disabled. (The Renpy devs re-enabled it in later versions(8.1.3 onwards) due to performance complaints.) What I did to fix mine was download one of the Renpy 8.1.3 nightly builds from the and replace "lib" and "renpy" folders in the main folder with the ones from the Renpy 8.1.3 nightly build.
I got an issue with the later video scenes have been corrupted like shown in this screen dump:
Screendump Weifu shift in frame.jpg
It is like the lower half part of the frame is moved to the right. But the text is not.
I should like to try this Renpy download, but there seems to be a lot of possibilities for download from that website, so I am not sure what to download exactly.
All the videos sceenes starting from the Saturday with the bathhouse tour is corrupted the same way.

masseuse

Oct 27, 2022
I should like to try this Renpy download, but there seems to be a lot of possibilities for download from that website, so I am not sure what to download exactly.
If found the latest Renpy download 8.1.4 (SDK downloads zip-file), and it contained a lib folder and renpy folder. I tried to replace these folders, and they seems to work with the weifu game, but it did NOT solve the problem with the strange split screen video frames.

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
It is like the lower half part of the frame is moved to the right. But the text is not.
All the videos sceenes starting from the Saturday with the bathhouse tour is corrupted the same way.
Maybe there is different encoding or whatever?
Anyway, for me just switching to angle2 renderer through shift+g fixed the 64bit performance.
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-slow-for-64-bit-exe-presumably.122055/

Reactions: masseuse

masseuse

Oct 27, 2022
Maybe there is different encoding or whatever?
Anyway, for me just switching to angle2 renderer through shift+g fixed the 64bit performance.
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-slow-for-64-bit-exe-presumably.122055/
Thank you, It fixed the problem.
In this window you open with shift+g, you have to be aware of the comment, that the change take effect after you start the renpy again. So after the change you have to restart the game.
When I changed to angle2, the problem was fixed.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes