blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
You're wrong. He's been sitting on the update for months, likely bidding his time so that he can deliever 2 updates per year and milk this as long as he can, for years, until people grow a brain. Hook and fish patrons, a couple wallpapers to "keep the dream alive" and he's all set for a couple thousand free dollars per month. I mean, half the work is done, the story is set, the "waifus" modelled and most the of the same CGs and scenery he keeps re-using are there. Its not like its even hard to code the game, its not exactly choice driven. Most of the work comes from setting renders and animate scene, which takes a long time, but certainly not this much especially for what will be like an hour (if even reaches half of that) worth of content.
Imagine the uproar if after all the delays and the constant addition of new scenes the update is only one hour long.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Imagine the uproar if after all the delays and the constant addition of new scenes the update is only one hour long.
Hey, if the next updates are at least have 1 hour long gameplay then this game are much better than Witch hunter trainer. That game, we wait for 7 months with only 5 minutes of gameplay content so...yeah...

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Damm, another zealous worker
Unfortunately, there are too many here getting enough free publicity. Yeah, I know its a piracy site... but patrons have to come from somewhere. I seriously dont understand why tho, the worst part is the 0.1 release of a game, then you can be transparent enough to know how much work you can put out and how long every update can take. Worst cases are like this one, the dev keeps promising and not delievering, which IMO is much worse than a dev suddenly gone... at least then there's no empty promises and hope that it might turn around.

Reactions: Reese286

Okashii_Yo

Dec 31, 2019
Unfortunately, there are too many here getting enough free publicity. Yeah, I know its a piracy site... but patrons have to come from somewhere. I seriously dont understand why tho, the worst part is the 0.1 release of a game, then you can be transparent enough to know how much work you can put out and how long every update can take. Worst cases are like this one, the dev keeps promising and not delievering, which IMO is much worse than a dev suddenly gone... at least then there's no empty promises and hope that it might turn around.
Why do it though?
If people are throwing Money at you, take it as long as you can.
And if, IF people are leaving, come up with something new. But till that point, milk them as long as you can.
Game industry in a nutshell.

Well as a consumer, ofc im angry. even on here
but i can understand the shit behind the background too.
If you had the prospect of getting Money for nothing, you would do it too.
But ofc it sucks xD

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Runey has actually been getting 4-6 updates per year and keeps things transparent on his patreon. He's also acknowledged that his code is spaghetti because he had no idea what he was doing originally and is legitimately trying to fix it as he goes.
yes and to that he sometime takes breake in it, but he's honest doing so and it's don't disturb he's followers thanks to that, i think it be better for Irphaeus to say "sorry guys i was tired and slacked for X months but now i'm back and planning to return to doing WA."
Ofc it will backfire him a bit buf for sure not as much as totaly piss on he's followers as he's doing right now.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
What's all this whining about! DL'd this 0.7.1a just after my 60th birthday in sep but played it just 2 weeks ago.
In between have had much fun with reality and gaming!
Looking forward to an update but don't care if it's another week or month to wait.

Reactions: vmaks and Game Bond
Jul 29, 2017
To be honest I would like to read the news about the postponement of the deadline by XXX time due to lack of motivation instead of nonsense that he always invents, it would be a nice change ^^
A great example is Runey (creator of HH) who also rarely releases updeits but instead of inventing some crazy stories he is honest or at least gives the impression of being honest and somehow does not bother people then that it takes some time before he releases further updates.
Runey is a quality guy. I posted some issue I was having with progress way back at like Harem Hotel .5 and even though this site basically pirates his work, he sent me a discord message with a solution and was glad I liked his game

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
What's all this whining about! DL'd this 0.7.1a just after my 60th birthday in sep but played it just 2 weeks ago.
You only played it two weeks ago. Where as most of us played it aprox 32 weeks ago. With the constant delays and lack of communication people are rightfully annoyed. That's what all this "whining" is about.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
You only played it two weeks ago. Where as most of us played it aprox 32 weeks ago. With the constant delays and lack of communication people are rightfully annoyed. That's what all this "whining" is about.
I said I played the latest update then.
Started in july of 2018 and have anticipated and eagerly waited for every update but not whining because of that!
There are things in life more important than this but I'm happy every time something good pops up.
Like an update of a good game.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes