Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
My best guess for the reason why the updates for this game keep taking longer is due to the inherent nature of choice-driven VN's. Each new scene with content dependent on past decisions has to be remade several times for each combination of past choices affecting it. This can quickly double or even quadruple the amount of work needed for each chapter/act the game has. This is probably why a lot of games save pregnancy for the epilogue, as an example. Mid-game pregnancy content would require at least 2 versions of each scene to be made. Of course, this is assuming Irphaeus is being a diligent worker instead of sinking hours into a certain AAA title that recently got dropped. You know which one I'm talking about.

As long as Irphaeus continues to deliver on giving us solid work and isn't milking the patreon like a rat, he can take all the time he needs. Yeah, more regular updates would be great, but so would a million dollars.

Last edited:

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Have you guys considered stuff like friends/family dying and distance meetings ect? I myself was alone this christmas i mean 100% solo not even my brother i could have jumped on a train and visited my family up north but i choose to follow restrictions and trying to live by example and i can assure you that i myself feel the corona effect just as much as rest of social people do and my 'irl' friend base is not big nor often do i meet them btw but even i have limits..

Reactions: schraubermicha

Mogulul

Apr 11, 2020
My best guess for the reason why the updates for this game keep taking longer is due to the inherent nature of choice-driven VN's. Each new scene with content dependent on past decisions has to be remade several times for each combination of past choices affecting it. This can quickly double or even quadruple the amount of work needed for each chapter/act the game has. This is probably why a lot of games save pregnancy for the epilogue, as an example. Mid-game pregnancy content would require at least 2 versions of each scene to be made. Of course, this is assuming Irphaeus is being a diligent worker instead of sinking hours into a certain AAA title that recently got dropped. You know which one I'm talking about.

As long as Irphaeus continues to deliver on giving us solid work and isn't milking the patreon like a rat, he can take all the time he needs. Yeah, more regular updates would be great, but so would a million dollars.
Nah, choices in this game don't really affect the story or further scenes at all, unless he now finally wants to implement the Karma system properly, but even if, he could just make 3 different scenes for high, middle or low karma which will probably not take that long. And let's be honest, karma still won't be implemented lul.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Have you guys considered stuff like friends/family dying and distance meetings ect? I myself was alone this christmas i mean 100% solo not even my brother i could have jumped on a train and visited my family up north but i choose to follow restrictions and trying to live by example and i can assure you that i myself feel the corona effect just as much as rest of social people do and my 'irl' friend base is not big nor often do i meet them btw but even i have limits..
Something like that was never communicated, as far as I know, and the guy himself admitted to being kinda lazy and promised to do better. Correct me on the last one, if I'm misremembering.
I don't think the dev have any legit excuses for his delays.

Thuganomics

Oct 22, 2019
Have Problems to start this game with my Mac. Saw posts for mass problems but I don't get it ;)

I have osBigSur, can anyone help ? :) A step by step where nice

AshLoo

May 6, 2018
Another day, another month, another year. :D

I not a patron But ...

I just want some news about what make the game did so long (Because I saw many of games *with good graphic one* got updated continuous btw. This make me miss long time ago that the game did updated come so soon before) ._.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Another day, another month, another year. :D

I not a patron But ...

I just want some news about what make the game did so long (Because I saw many of games *with good graphic one* got updated continuous btw. This make me miss long time ago that the game did updated come so soon before) ._.
I wonder about it too, was it because of: real life work, got sick, some team members was busy or radio silence, milking supporters, covid,.... just pick a choice and it could be the reason for slow update. Overall I'm glad we got so many high quality games every day to forget about the long waiting

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
The last update was so long ago it now feels like how January felt when it was actually posted. If it wasn't for his well known god forsaken slowness then I'd ask if he's still alive.

Reactions: longsuper1

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
Good news, he is back.

"I wasn't home for few days and also was still writing dialogue, so I didn't showed up much again."

Bad-ish news, he is making new renders, again!

" I'm doing some render today, a scene need a couple of them to be better "

But at least, he is not completely delusional:

"I'm also responsible cause i can't manage myself "

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Good news, he is back.

"I wasn't home for few days and also was still writing dialogue, so I didn't showed up much again."

Bad-ish news, he is making new renders, again!

"I'm doing some render today, a scene need a couple of them to be better "

But at least, he is not completely delusional:

"I'm also responsible cause i can't manage myself "
I'll be fucking surprised if he improves on his time-between-updates issue.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes