riserser

May 15, 2018
It is pointless to try and explain it to them. None of them want to develop a game or see how hard it is to do any of this. They all think well he makes a game he should be able to knock it out quick and it is so easy. No one wants to consider the time it takes to do anything (rendering, storyboards, writing a good story with lots of characters and giving all of them time and energy, coding, and testing so the game is not shit). They just want to log into these forums and complain because they say it is "a horrible dev" yet they are all here all the time drooling over when the next update comes out, so they can play it (or some click through without reading for the fap scenes) and then complain some more till the next one. There is a lot to a quality game and a lot of time involved in every aspect of making it. Especially when a dev has a day job and a family.

Any thread on here with a good game that takes time is all the same. Bash the dev but keep coming back. Complain the updates aren't big enough when they are released as some don't even read the dialogue and skip the story to fap. People don't realize some of these games have a whole team of people doing what one or 2 people do on others. Some have a coder, an artist, a writer/story boarder, a translator, and sometimes more then that who all work full time on only a game. You don't see the same people back complaining over and over again on games that suck. They just complain once or review and then never go back.

See you all again in a few weeks when I get bored and come check again. Going to enjoy life in the non forum world.
Well, we were "talking" about the amount off work on the "coding" portion of the game, litteraly, the phone (and some boolean for routes)

And here, i will concede that it's awfully bad looking, but I can do that in 6-8h without knowing anything, just following the ren'py doc.
If someone were to put the effort, it wouldn't take much more to polish it to a convenable state.
So when someone tell me that the dev have a lot of work on "Coding", no ^^

He's using Honey Select for the scene without modifying or creating animation, so on the visual part, he's only maybe creating the scene (But he could have took them from the net, since some of his "Exclusive renders" are scenes where he just switched the character with a simple click on a button :p)

So, the sole portion where he could be putting a lot of work is the story board, but again, as Deimacos said, he's always taking more time while producing less (ratio wise)

-> It's funny to see people defend him

Last edited:

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Well, we were "talking" about the amount off work on the "coding" portion of the game, litteraly, the phone (and some boolean for routes)

And here, i will concede that it's awfully bad looking, but I can do that in 6-8h without knowing anything, just following the ren'py doc.
If someone were to put the effort, it wouldn't take much more to polish it to a convenable state.
So when someone tell me that the dev have a lot of work on "Coding", no ^^

He's using Honey Select for the scene without modifying or creating animation, so on the visual part, he's only maybe creating the scene (But he could have took them from the net, since some of his "Exclusive renders" are scenes where he just switched the character with a simple click on a button :p)

So, the sole portion where he could be putting a lot of work is the story board, but again, as Deimacos said, he's always taking more time while producing less (ratio wise)

-> It's funny to see people defend him
Hey, nicely done.

To be fair, these guys are not even congruent with their claims, Irphaeus himself has always said that the delays are either because of him over fiddling on the renders or having a hard time coming up with the dialogue, he has never claimed the code to be a problem, because why would he?

So not even this clique of followers seems to know what's up.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Welp i see nothing new is here ill trying a agian in a few more months ig.....

also how the fuck hasn't this got the abandoned tag yet? is one of the mods a secret patron or something...

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Welp i see nothing new is here ill trying a agian in a few more months ig.....

also how the fuck hasn't this got the abandoned tag yet? is one of the mods a secret patron or something...
He posted something on Patreon two months ago and I think he said something on Discord not too long ago either, so unless he declares himself that it is abandoned then that's enough to avoid the tag.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
He posted something on Patreon two months ago and I think he said something on Discord not too long ago either, so unless he declares himself that it is abandoned then that's enough to avoid the tag.
He posted on his Patreon last night too. I don't know what it says but the people in the Discord are saying "extra scene" so I assume that means he decided to add a new scene to the update. Also the update is apparently "around the corner" according to the Patreon post title

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
He posted on his Patreon last night too. I don't know what it says but the people in the Discord are saying "extra scene" so I assume that means he decided to add a new scene to the update. Also the update is apparently "around the corner" according to the Patreon post title
Not sure if it's actually worth $3 to read that Patreon post...

Reactions: Reese286

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks for the post, This is why I don't support Irph or Devilsdad and Murmer anymore. Irph is still shoveling the BS and the excuse this time is an 'extra' scene, Extra? ... what does that even mean? Extra nothing is still nothing. Is this extra line going to be the new version of _ 'writing Moar _script is now 200%!' from the last update? Sounds like self-serving, totally empty happy talk to me _ for Irph that means same shit, different day. Fact is there's no evidence he's produced anything at all for months. This guys BS never stops.

Last edited:

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
As i said it before, we can speculate all we want, things will not move but at least he's aware that folks down here (Maybe on patreon too i guess) aren't happy. The only things we can do it's wait and maybe if the stars are alligned, we got a massive update. But again, only if the stars alligned.

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
Man, I'm reading the discord channel, that's the exact opposite of us. And by us, I mean some of you guys.

Here, people are butthurt even though they don't pay, there, they are sucking his nuts even though they have been paying for nothing for what, 10 months now? I don't mind either way but that's funny to see people saying stuff like "We know you are working, don't sweat it" or "We love you" on one side and "He is scamming us" or "He is lazy even though he reuses assets" on the other one.

As for news, well:

" It's difficult to come and to face you guys, with nothing new to show."
" at least I'm giving script part to Vash-san "
" I'm fine, "I'm rushing", but still with care the update. "

No news, good news, I guess.

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
What kind of script is he writing that takes a whole month or two to review it ? and also are they seriously looking at it or not even caring to check it ? lazy bumps :cautious:

Reactions: Reese286
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes