Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020
Some people here think they are some warriors of justice or anything. IMO, if someone wants to support the Dev via Patreon, they should do so. It is their money. And who does not want to do it, will not do it.

Like, I did not pay a single cent for this game, I played it quite recently (June or something like that), it is a great game, but knowing that it takes long between Updates, I will not pay anything. But I wont bitch about it constantly.
Cherubin25 You said it! You are 100% correct.

I thought this is a pirate site for people who want stuff for free (free booty!).

Instead of saying "Thank you Dev for the free booty" (Irphaeus) , all I see is whining by those who feel they were lied to. Wow.

A bunch of whiners and not true pirates on a pirate site.

So, I say " Irphaeus - thank you. Keep up the great work! We love your work. We would like more".

Ahoy!

riserser

May 15, 2018
Irphaeus just said "I think I will need 3-4 more hours before starting the upload guys. I'm testing the very last part, it's complicated but it will work"

Also last night Vash said "Please be understanding if it ends up being actually available on Saturday morning (also taking time zones into consideration)"

I guess this means future excuses will now be spread out between Irphaeus and Vash :rolleyes: It looks like it's working too since everybody is saying they understand
One day, I would really like to know what is "Complicated" in testing this particular Ren'py game.. I mean, it's only reviewing code, and in Waifu Academy, he only use the most basic "code" -> Showing an image and showing a text under it.
So, there should be at most dumb syntax error and wrong image name.. U_u And there is even shortcut that bring you from the scene to the line of code responsible for it to make it faster.. If only one day he could at least use more believable excuses..

I thought this is a pirate site for people who want stuff for free (free booty!).

Instead of saying "Thank you Dev for the free booty" (Irphaeus) , all I see is whining by those who feel they were lied to. Wow.

A bunch of whiners and not true pirates on a pirate side.

So, I say " Irphaeus - thank you. Keep up the great work! We love your work. We would like more".

Ahoy!
Well.. it's been a long while that we saw "great work" from him :p (But we did see a "year" update that was rushed and full of mistakes on characters name etc xD)

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020

Ahoy!
I find games I like here and support the devs on patreon. I'm not going to sub to loads of patreon accounts on the off chance I might find a game I enjoy. What exactly do you guys expect? I'd prob support this dev too if he wasn't such a leech, instead I enjoy the thread about his antics and don't even play the game anymore (including the past half-update).

None of this changes the fact he's scamming people at this point btw. People can't say they love his work when he takes money and then lounges around his rainy French home full of car wrecks and bad internet.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I find games I like here and support the devs on patreon. I'm not going to sub to loads of patreon accounts on the off chance I might find a game I enjoy. What exactly do you guys expect? I'd prob support this dev too if he wasn't such a leech, instead I enjoy the thread about his antics and don't even play the game anymore (including the past half-update).

None of this changes the fact he's scamming people at this point btw. People can't say they love his work when he takes money and then lounges around his rainy French home full of car wrecks and bad internet.
This was exactly my point. I like the game, Waifu Academy is one of the best games I have played so far from this site. But I will enjoy it for free, simply because I dont want to support Devs who take so long between Updates.

But if others dont care that much or think it is worth subscribing to his Patreon, they should do so.

Reactions: Squarblesport

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
This was exactly my point. I like the game, Waifu Academy is one of the best games I have played so far from this site. But I will enjoy it for free, simply because I dont want to support Devs who take so long between Updates.

But if others dont care that much or think it is worth subscribing to his Patreon, they should do so.
I personally disagree with this game being one of the best after being here a bit but you missed my point. This isn't just a website for free games, many here also support the devs. That in mind, criticizing a dev for being a blatant scammer isn't just bitching and moaning to be dismissed, and I think anybody first coming across this game should be aware of this guys antics. Is that not fair?

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I personally disagree with this game being one of the best after being here a bit but you missed my point. This isn't just a website for free games, many here also support the devs. That in mind, criticizing a dev for being a blatant scammer isn't just bitching and moaning to be dismissed, and I think anybody first coming across this game should be aware of this guys antics. Is that not fair?
IMO if complaining about the Dev is the only thing someone contributes, it is just bitching and moaning. Nothing more. As I said in a previous post, some think they are some warriors of justice, some crusaders against bad devs.

And in reality, they are just annyoing with the nonstop complaints instead of just shutting up. And those are wondering that their posts get deleted for Off-Topic (like this discussion will be).

(In the end, the Dev will ALWAYS have a backing, because there will always be new people discovering the game and starting to support on Patreon)

Last edited:

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
IMO if complaining about the Dev is the only thing someone contributes, it is just bitching and moaning. Nothing more. As I said in a previous post, some think they are some warriors of justice, some crusaders against bad devs.

And in reality, they are just brats complaining nonstop instead of just shutting up. And those are wondering that their posts get deleted for Off-Topic (like this discussion will be).
i originally was a patron for Irphaeus for a quite awhile until realizing what was going on, what with the delays and excuses consistently over and over.
i felt like i was being scammed and left.

i do believe in supporting Devs, but not if theyre blatantly lazy, greedy and just scummy overall. power to those that still do support devs like this, i couldnt have that type of patience and optimism lol

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017

Ahoy!
It seems that you don't know anything about pirates ... Do you think that pirates who went and raided a ship and found nothing on it will not complain?

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
i originally was a patron for Irphaeus for a quite awhile until realizing what was going on, what with the delays and excuses consistently over and over.
i felt like i was being scammed and left.

i do believe in supporting Devs, but not if theyre blatantly lazy, greedy and just scummy overall. power to those that still do support devs like this, i couldnt have that type of patience and optimism lol
I mean, "patience" and "optimism" is pretty pretty nicely put. Everyone can do what they want with their money, but for me, it would be too less, if I would have been a supporter. Thats why I will just play this game for free. Maybe I will support in the future, if he gets more active again.

But if I consider that I only have that much money to Support things like that, it is basically morally unacceptable to give him money instead of another Dev who is actually working hard.

So, I can totally understand why someone was a Patron. I can also somewhat understand why someone still IS a Patron. But paying money to get lies and excuses...Nah.
(I cannot relate to games with that, but I supported a Twitch Streamer for some time, but said person was only streaming like 2 times a month at some point. It was only 5 bucks, but I also felt that someone who does this actually for a living should take their Job more seriously...)

Reactions: Pagliano and DisMel

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020

And in reality, they are just annyoing with the nonstop complaints instead of just shutting up. And those are wondering that their posts get deleted for Off-Topic (like this discussion will be).

(In the end, the Dev will ALWAYS have a backing, because there will always be new people discovering the game and starting to support on Patreon)
I don't really see it that way especially when it's so blatantly obvious to those that have followed this thread for a bit. This serves as a good warning, which is really the whole point here. Over a year ago this thread was basically nothing but positivity, now it's not. It's all due of the devs decisions. It's not as if people are complaining en masse about little nitpicky things they personally want in the game, the complaints are regarding the dev not doing his job and outright lying for well over a year lol. That's a huge red flag that should be considered before anybody wants to throw money at him, which many here would consider.

Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020

Don't be a hater! And good job supporting the Devs on Patreon (TM) !

That said there are a lot of whiny pirates here on a PIRATE site who's only support are complaints.

To them I say- complain on Patreon (C) where if you pay you can complain.

Complaining here is silly- If I were a Dev I'd quit altogether than to feed a mob of ingrates!

I still say Thanks for the free BOOTY!

Arrrgh

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes