Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Sad part is we all tried that until the lies piled up. This ain't the first time.
Because we've the hope that he'll wake himself and work on the game. It's got a huge potential that could gather him more money if it's work on it. I would've pledge on his patreon if he was regular or more consistent.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
last patreon message i saw said something about reworking a train scene.. apart from that its been radio silence

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
last patreon message i saw said something about reworking a train scene.. apart from that its been radio silence
I should have also added unless you count character polls etc.. then those would be the most recent additions..

Kamip

Jan 22, 2020
Alway have a new of delay. It seems this gone a took long time to end it. And i wonder how long this game last ?

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I think that for me, the problem isn't even that the updates take a year or whatever. It's the multiple delays and missed release dates with radio silence or an occasional post about something going on and then back in the dark for a few months. Looking at other games that have similar release times, it could be handled a lot better imo.

If an update takes forever to make but the content matches (more or less) the time it took, I got no real problem with it. I'll just play other stuff until then, not like this is the only good game on the site.

At the end of the day though, this is just the opinion of someone who is going to download the new version from here for free regardless. I don't really care about the Patreon stuff beyond it being a place I go to see what's going on (and then the news is Patreon locked anyway :cry:)

Kracken36

Apr 17, 2021
At the end of the day if a dev takes a year for an update and you are still paying them a monthly stipend and you don't think you should, then don't.

If you think you are being taken for a ride, then get off the train.

I think people should, if they can afford to support a creator, but it's also the duty of the creator to the supporters to continue putting out regular work. No matter how small or big. Once you start treating your patrons are banks to pay your bills, but you don't release goods, updates, then you are treating them like chumps and don't deserve their patronage.

I think most devs due to the fact they are based around the world don't really think about what their behaviour has on other creators in the way of attitude for support.

This is why there are so many incomplete, unfinished games out there.

That's why I fall into the "will pay when completed" category not the monthly category.

That's also, when I was editing and co-writing on Bright Lord v1-6. I saw that as a service to gamers as I was playing so many games and not supporting much devs.

I think 6 months is a long time for an update, let alone year.

But, that's just my opinion.
This is exactly the right opinion. Updates should be regular, if for no other reason than to show supporters that work is being done.

Telling people: "The next update will be 2x the size due to the delay," never inspires confidence because it shows a) Bad management on all fronts, b) you can't uphold your end of the bargain when offering a service for cash (let's not get into what Patreon is, people pay because they want to see their favourite games completed), and c) that you're asking for confidence of your supporters when you've (Irphaeus) already delayed multiple releases beforehand.

There's no reason to support this dev. At all. For anyone who supports them I can only conclude that they don't value their money because all three of my own points + almost any other point you could put forward have already been broken multiple times in just the last year.

Support when a dev is consistent or releases a full product.

Yakubu

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know why, but when I start the waifu academy, I have a black screen and, in addition, there is a music game, how to fix it?

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes