Someguy88

Dec 18, 2018
So I finally got around yesterday to seeing how laggy they are when i was doing the mod update for the Scene Gallery and I did not have any issues with the 4k vids on my desktop. I even checked Task Manager and I was around 25% CPU use on my Ryzen 5600X and GPU usage even with shitty NVIDA drivers hovered around 28-39% GPU usage on my RTX 2600.
I have not tested yet on any of my AMD APU based laptops to see if an iGPU makes it worse or not though now my weakest laptop (my wife's) has a Ryzen 2 based APU with the integrated VEGA so it'd probably play fine on that too.
Lucky you. My pc can handle any level of FHD no problem and 2K with Hardware Acceleration but 4K is slideshow. I just resampled them to FHD and now everything is good.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I'd be upset that old saves no longer work with the new version, but considering each one comes out every year or so I need the refresher just to remember what this game is about again.
Did you use Lains Mod by any chance?
I used it as well and my saves were always broken when a new version came out and the Mod was not updated. Only when I was able to update the Mod as well, I was able to use my Saves.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 约翰·西娜

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
same here laggy as fuck how can I fix this?
Lucky you. My pc can handle any level of FHD no problem and 2K with Hardware Acceleration but 4K is slideshow. I just resampled them to FHD and now everything is good.
So I tested the Gallery Scenes on my wife's laptop which has a Ryzen 4500U (6c/6t) and it was almost smooth.
I checked Task Manager and her CPU usage was maxed out at 100% during all of the vid parts and her iGPU was in the 10-20's.
It's definitely Ren'Py itself not getting enough CPU power as even though you can playback the vids in your favorite media player without issue, Ren'Py is using more CPU for playback instead of hardware GPU.
You could try to switch between the GL and ANGLE renders to see if one works better than the other but it looks like Ren'Py really needs at least 8 threads on the CPU for smooth lag free playback of 4K vids until they (ever) update their lib files to handle hardware GPU rendering better.

Once the game starts, at the main menu, hold down Shift and G and then try different options available. ANGLE renderer seems a bit better on my system, but try different combinations on yours.
Or just after you double click on WaifuAcademy.exe hold down the shift key for a few seconds.

Reactions: pgm_01

MayorHayor

May 26, 2021
Once the game starts, at the main menu, hold down Shift and G and then try different options available. ANGLE renderer seems a bit better on my system, but try different combinations on yours.
Or just after you double click on WaifuAcademy.exe hold down the shift key for a few seconds.
Didn't work how can I change from 4k to FHD? Had no problems with the previous version :(

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Is there a new pdf guide that's the latest version?
Can somebody provide a link to the latest walkthrough/guide?
No need for a guide since the story is already laid out for you so none of the choices you make affect any future scenes/dialogue. When/if choices are ever added (which there supposedly is a plan to do) everybody will have to play the game from the beginning for them to work
How many days were added in this patch?
About half a day. Maybe 1/3 of a day since I think it's still morning when the update ends

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
The game is good, the story is a little out there for me but I digress, not really a fan of having supposed options that lead to nothing and hope to click on the one the dev choose, or the obligatory clicking in a single choice, like every morning when walking to school you're forced to click continue, why? do you want people to play your game? why ask if I want to continue.
Aside from that my only issue is with the game over scenes, yeah I get it but couldn't you save me the time and send me back, as it is seems like a intentional time waster, yes I know the roll back but again, seems more to annoy than anything else, imagine if in souls games after the you die screen you're sent back to the main menu, seems fun isn't it.

Reactions: vmaks

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
Aside from that my only issue is with the game over scenes, yeah I get it but couldn't you save me the time and send me back, as it is seems like a intentional time waster, yes I know the roll back but again, seems more to annoy than anything else, imagine if in souls games after the you die screen you're sent back to the main menu, seems fun isn't it.
This may be a generational conflict but I liked it more back when you could actually lose at a videogame. This new trend of saving the player from failing and taking him or her back to the best and most convenient auto-save possible annoys me. It feels like the game is babysitting you.

Anyway, regardless of personal preferences, the reason behind the game overs in Waifu Academy is to mimic the old school videogames: You fail? You try again from where you last cared to save.

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
This may be a generational conflict but I liked it more back when you could actually lose at a videogame. This new trend of saving the player from failing and taking him or her back to the best and most convenient auto-save possible annoys me. It feels like the game is babysitting you.

Anyway, regardless of personal preferences, the reason behind the game overs in Waifu Academy is to mimic the old school videogames: You fail? You try again from where you last cared to save.
I played those games, my first console was the Atari, but games have turn bigger and longer, I finish megaman 2 (best one) on nes at least four times every year since I bought it, 1 hour of pure fun, but new games, sure you can speed run but I don't find it as fun, you would have to run away from everything and that's a no no for me, I'm no fan of bitch play (you running away from or chasing enemies) one of the reasons I don't like Monster Hunter, because chasing enemies would be? you guess it, time waster, you might be young if you think wasting time in pointless procedures is a feature.

JoJo385

Feb 17, 2022
Walkthrough / Scene Gallery Mod (v0.9.8 Pt. ONE V2)

Since Lain is still MIA, I updated her mod to the game's latest version.
I also updated the colors for Good and Bad choices to work better on my monitor, this might help others who were having similar issues too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Directions:
Extract in the same folder where WaifuAcademy.exe is located.

Link:
Mega

Thanks brother

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017

When I was young I had more time to play :D
I remember when a mission in Tie Fighter somehow went nuts, ships had bugs and I needed 3 hours to finish it. I did it then, but now I would restart.

Jun 3, 2018
am i the only one having a animation very laggy since the new update?
i even restarted the game from the beginning and all animations before this new update are all good

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
Hi there everyone..
New to this thread..

can anyone tell me how much incest is in this game?
Like the MC would be incestuous towards which characters?
and if so.. are there scenes with them in this current version..
thanks a lot =)

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes