HTML Wandering Ryo [v1.2.1] [Hexoticas]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
The progression is very frustrating if you fail a cam session and therefore lose a completion score. The game is grindy enough can you please let the completion score stand? Just because you fail one cam session shouldn't nullify the successful completion of a previous session
Hi, can you please tell me more about when do you have hard times completing the session - which levels / rooms / lines, or maybe most of time, etc? That would help finding a better approach.
The main idea behind reducing completion score was to eliminate possibility of randomly clicking through the room, and thus getting through it disregarding if the character matches the room requirements.

One simple idea I have is to make TWO failures to reduce the completion score (instead of one) - do you think that would help? I.e. each two fails (instead of each fail) would reduce a single completion score. It still will likely prevent random-click completion, but will allow to complete the room even if you complete only 50% of sessions.
Also I think most of times (first few completions at least) the player would visit the room few more times after comleting it before getting to the level when a new room is unlocked, so having the progress reduced should not affect much the overall playthrough time.

---

By the way, those of you who are about to complete the game (at any number completion) - if you could share the back up string (send me a message with it), it would help to anaylyze the bottlenecks and some assumptions I had made when making the game; so I would appreciate if you send it to me when you have time.

poopdog

Apr 28, 2017
The concept of the game is fun, but I just don't think the execution works. The main problem is that it's hard to work out exactly what each room expects from you before you enter, I think it'd be nicer to have a kind of "baseline" for each room that can be seen visually beyond the simple "feminine, small breasts". The order of rooms is also a bit weird, you've got ones that expect you to decrease your femininity score to progress to others with a higher femininity, which just feels like it's too easy to outpace the stages, and the cost of going back to previous milestones is large, especially when you start losing at higher levels. Personally I think you should be able to just switch back to any previous body state at no cost.

Finally, the biggest problem is that playing "properly" and trying to minimise your losses on each interaction isn't that interesting because you're just picking what you think will save you from the red feedback, and it can be hard to judge. The colors for each expected interaction (body, hair length, etc) help, but it'd be nicer if the whole character showed either green, red or orange when you hovered over your selection so you could see faster if your chosen setup was going to lead to a pass or a failure. And the reward for playing "properly" isn't significant enough to make it worth it. You can mash through a grade where you'll probably pass it half the time and gain money and experience far faster than someone who makes the best choice every time. They might fail less often, but they'll be taking 10x longer per run, and it's annoying that you can lose despite playing perfectly because you haven't unlocked whatever interaction the audience actually wants.

Reactions: Hexoticas

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Hi, can you please tell me more about when do you have hard times completing the session - which levels / rooms / lines, or maybe most of time, etc? That would help finding a better approach.
The main idea behind reducing completion score was to eliminate possibility of randomly clicking through the room, and thus getting through it disregarding if the character matches the room requirements.

One simple idea I have is to make TWO failures to reduce the completion score (instead of one) - do you think that would help? I.e. each two fails (instead of each fail) would reduce a single completion score. It still will likely prevent random-click completion, but will allow to complete the room even if you complete only 50% of sessions.
Also I think most of times (first few completions at least) the player would visit the room few more times after comleting it before getting to the level when a new room is unlocked, so having the progress reduced should not affect much the overall playthrough time.

---

By the way, those of you who are about to complete the game (at any number completion) - if you could share the back up string (send me a message with it), it would help to anaylyze the bottlenecks and some assumptions I had made when making the game; so I would appreciate if you send it to me when you have time.
Level 60 - Courtship show, I've spent the guts of a hour trying to get the 5 completions needed and it is beyond frustrating that I can get up to 3/5 then see them disappear with 3 failures in a row.
I don't think it's much to be at least allowed to keep those 3 successes - I'm still going to fail the next 3 shows, the game has proven that, but at least I shouldn't be punished twice.
Is their a RNG element to some of the shows?

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Level 60 - Courtship show, I've spent the guts of a hour trying to get the 5 completions needed and it is beyond frustrating that I can get up to 3/5 then see them disappear with 3 failures in a row.
I don't think it's much to be at least allowed to keep those 3 successes - I'm still going to fail the next 3 shows, the game has proven that, but at least I shouldn't b9with posse punished twice.
Is their a RNG element to some of the shows?
Yeah, each room has a set of 'desires', each with probability of popping up, ranging from a very small (5-10%) to high (75%+).
The lower rooms have a lesser set, so it may look as if you always see the same requests.
And the 'key' desires (blinking ones) is something you would want to be ready for, to avoid getting instant dislikes.

So I think I'll go with reducing score loss rate to 1 per 2 fails, and see how it works; as in your case, failing 3 times in a row would result into lossing 1 score instead of 3. And perhaps you would even have completed the room while getting these 3 points at the first place. Hope thils will help, thanks for raising this.
(If not, I still have few options, although a more complex and optentially confusing ones)

After replying to the comment as below, I think I'll add and option in the settings to turn off completion score reduction, which should help with cases as you described. What do you think?

The concept of the game is fun, but I just don't think the execution works. The main problem is that it's hard to work out exactly what each room expects from you before you enter, I think it'd be nicer to have a kind of "baseline" for each room that can be seen visually beyond the simple "feminine, small breasts". The order of rooms is also a bit weird, you've got ones that expect you to decrease your femininity score to progress to others with a higher femininity, which just feels like it's too easy to outpace the stages, and the cost of going back to previous milestones is large, especially when you start losing at higher levels. Personally I think you should be able to just switch back to any previous body state at no cost.

Finally, the biggest problem is that playing "properly" and trying to minimise your losses on each interaction isn't that interesting because you're just picking what you think will save you from the red feedback, and it can be hard to judge. The colors for each expected interaction (body, hair length, etc) help, but it'd be nicer if the whole character showed either green, red or orange when you hovered over your selection so you could see faster if your chosen setup was going to lead to a pass or a failure. And the reward for playing "properly" isn't significant enough to make it worth it. You can mash through a grade where you'll probably pass it half the time and gain money and experience far faster than someone who makes the best choice every time. They might fail less often, but they'll be taking 10x longer per run, and it's annoying that you can lose despite playing perfectly because you haven't unlocked whatever interaction the audience actually wants.
Thanks for the detailed feedback, much appreciated!

When developing the game, I imagined that each room will fit naturally to the 'selected line', e.g. if you get all feminine upgrades you can at the moment, you'll do fine.
However I see that this does not work that well, so I'll think how to improve that.
As desribed above, each room has a set of possible 'desires' which may be quiet huge, so showing all of these would not be cool.
Maybe we can start with the 'key' ones (those that are blinking and always produce fail if not met), or a list of those that have a high chance of popping up (figuring out what is 'high' is another problem to solve).
Do you think that would help?
Also you can always escape the room (with possible small rep penalty) if you see that you are not prepared (c) for it.

Regarding rooms order - apart from the yellow rooms which do not have strict order, I think there are two rooms that need decrease of feminity (Revolt and Double), which were added for the line to be more challanging and to add soem level of diversity to these lines (people like all sort of things after all).
I think at the end of the day in all boils down to not having enough credits to purchase everything you want at the moment :unsure:
Perhaps adding the chat with more tips and reducing score reduction rate will help to alleviate this case.

You are right that one way to play this is click fast what seems to be the safe option, which makes me think about adding bonus for high-efficiency completion (say, 70%+).
Your other point about highlighting the outcome (like / dislike / neutral) when hovering over the action made me think about adding settings which may ease progression, should one want to (e.g. turn on like / dislike highlight as you said + do not lose room progression on failures, to begin with).
That should allow for different play styles.

And lastly, unlocking interactions was designed to be a story-moving milestones; I guess I'll keep it as is for now as, changing this now may break the story apart.

Thanks again for the feddback!

Reactions: dav121

Yunipuma

May 16, 2018
I want to know where saves are located. Because this game is aimed at replaybility, it will be a real bother to loose one's save and be forced to start from the begining.

Reactions: dav121
Jul 18, 2017
played this game a bit, i think i was about midway on the tree, really cool idea but it can get repetitive having to do similar things quite a few times in a row, so assuming i didnt overlooked anything and played wrong, a few things i think that could make those parts less boring would be like 1 maybe change how often player can gets to try new items, 2 animations could be fun, 3 more things to do outside of working, like having to go to the stores for the first time before ordering and geting some more dialogs, maybe dates or allow the character to play with themselves on their off time, but mainly maybe have more bdsm elements and toys(sorry if some of those are already done, i lost my save and having finished) but also multiple saves and cheats would be nice features

sasha2

Nov 3, 2022
I want to know where saves are located. Because this game is aimed at replaybility, it will be a real bother to loose one's save and be forced to start from the begining.
It's in the browser's local storage for hexoticas.com, as wr-state-current

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
It's in the browser's local storage for hexoticas.com, as wr-state-current
And you can also copy current game state by copying back-up string from the Settings tab (it is pretty much the same data that is kept in localstorage).

played this game a bit, i think i was about midway on the tree, really cool idea but it can get repetitive having to do similar things quite a few times in a row, so assuming i didnt overlooked anything and played wrong, a few things i think that could make those parts less boring would be like 1 maybe change how often player can gets to try new items, 2 animations could be fun, 3 more things to do outside of working, like having to go to the stores for the first time before ordering and geting some more dialogs, maybe dates or allow the character to play with themselves on their off time, but mainly maybe have more bdsm elements and toys(sorry if some of those are already done, i lost my save and having finished) but also multiple saves and cheats would be nice features
Thanks for these ideas, I would very like to make the play part less boring, and your #3 points give a good food for thought (especially doing things ourside the club, including dates).
And I also started thinking about animations, and although that would likely be a huge effort, I still want to see and try make some when I get a chance.

Reactions: lampiaovermelho

Eudj

May 27, 2022
This game needs a skill tree, where new moves will be given out not for being in a new room, but for experience. So you will be given experience for posing, which you can spend in posing, and as a result, you can either open a new movement that will help you in the next room, or upgrade existing ones in order to get more experience, reputation and money for them. It is not necessary to overly complicate, so as not to download endlessly, so 5 improvements for each skill, so to speak, the level of skill.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
This game needs a skill tree, where new moves will be given out not for being in a new room, but for experience. So you will be given experience for posing, which you can spend in posing, and as a result, you can either open a new movement that will help you in the next room, or upgrade existing ones in order to get more experience, reputation and money for them. It is not necessary to overly complicate, so as not to download endlessly, so 5 improvements for each skill, so to speak, the level of skill.
I was also thinking about skill / talent tree, but decided to skip it for now as there is not that much content in the game. I feel like current simple gameplay does not allow adding more complex game mechanics; but we'll see if there is a place for such a tree later on.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
The whole invite a partner into a room yet not being allowed to perform an act with them needs better explanation/text/reason whay.

Eudj

May 27, 2022
Even in the endgame, when you have opened all the plastic surgeries and all the clothes, in theory you want to start collecting, but! In some rooms, they write to you that they are too low in level for you, and therefore you are fined on the money you receive. You can somehow balance the system so that higher and more demanding rooms give a greater reward, but also lower levels so that the reward does not cut.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Even in the endgame, when you have opened all the plastic surgeries and all the clothes, in theory you want to start collecting, but! In some rooms, they write to you that they are too low in level for you, and therefore you are fined on the money you receive. You can somehow balance the system so that higher and more demanding rooms give a greater reward, but also lower levels so that the reward does not cut.
Hmm, when you open nearly all the stuff, there will very few things left to collect (maybe few clothes or vouchers), so likely you can complete high-level rooms few more times and get what you need.
If you want to get all the items in one run, then yes, it may be an issue, but even then completing high level rooms at ~50% efficiency shoul yield more than low level rooms; and the game was designed so that completing it multiple times and getting all the endings should yield you right about the amount needed to purchase everything once + purchase some services multiple times. Ideally there should no point in the game where you need to farm hard either rep or money.

The higher rooms currently give more rewards by 1) having more viewers at a time and 2) having more expensive requests. At some point I was thinking about making higher rooms to give considerably more rep / money (x10, x20, and so on), but that did not work well with items and services prices - those prices needed to be relatively of the same level (say, having one bra cost 1k and another bra cost 20k does not make much sense). So adding a room 'low-levelness' was a way to make low level rooms give little on the higher levels (to prevent farming these rooms), that then allowed to keep prices close (and it fit well into the game world).

Eudj

May 27, 2022
Yes, but, the latest breast surgeries, the cost of which is 20-40k, when you get well 1800 for a room, you have to enter the room 30 times. And if you still want to see what is the difference between the operation in different clinics, then you need to choose very carefully. And as a result, you choose not a better one, but a cheaper one, because better ones appear after cheap ones, and their cost is even higher. And if you want to watch them, it requires a lot of farm.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Yes, but, the latest breast surgeries, the cost of which is 20-40k, when you get well 1800 for a room, you have to enter the room 30 times. And if you still want to see what is the difference between the operation in different clinics, then you need to choose very carefully. And as a result, you choose not a better one, but a cheaper one, because better ones appear after cheap ones, and their cost is even higher. And if you want to watch them, it requires a lot of farm.
Ah I get it now, it is when you want to see different breast shapes during the first or maybe second gameplay, you won't have enough currency for that, because it is expected that you wound be fine with the cheapest one and complete the game with it; it is only during the later completions, when there are less things to purchase, you would be able to try out this and that.
Thanks, I'll check if this is something more or less easily fixed; if not, I'll try to make it (somehow) clear in game that those 'better' surgeries are better skipped and be tried later (when you have AI webcam and can farm much quicker); maybe even lock them and make available during second and third completions :unsure:

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Hey guys, I started to think about reducing the number of completions (and starts of the new game) from 12 to 6, by basically allowing to continue playing the game after an 'earlier' ending in a certain line is opened, and then opening the second ending.
That would allow to reduce the number of times you go through low levels (which I like the least), the time needed to get to 100%, and also should reduce prices as there will be twice less full completions overall, less currency to accumulate, and thus the prices should get lower.
I would appreciate any feedback on this idea. I realize that playing the same line will likely be the same whichever ending is then selected, so likely this approach will make the gameplay repeat itself less.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
v0.5.0 is released
The main changes are: the Club support chat (one more FAQ layer), eyebrows, and two new options to make the gamplay more easy-going.
Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Next I plan to investigate whether the total number of completions can be reduced from 12 to 6.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes