3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

chichong

May 7, 2020
I have an issue here, and it drives me crazy.

So I managed to reach the ball event.
My female character (Slitheryn) was sleeping with Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Snape. Luna was "interested" up to the point of "consulting with her father", Colin also was "interested" but relation was at the point of "not rushing the things". Everyone at max relationship except Snape and Tonks who were "best friends".

At ball Luna appeared with Rolf, then during the roaming I found them having sex. Same for Colin and Lavender. When looking for a specific NPC my options were Ginny and Harry. I looked for Harry and ended up having sex in girls bathroom with Tonks spying on us then gifting 10 points to both houses.

At no point in the event had the option to talk with Luna. Yet after the ball ended, the next day Quest 78 (date with Luna after the ball) was marked as failed. The quest was not received during the ball interactive events, I've checked. Before the ball I spoke with her, but there was no option for a date, just the usual menu for increasing the relationship.

Can anyone tell me what I've missed? I do have a save from 1 day before the ball if that helps.
Thanks.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I wonder which game we will get first:

Wands and Witches complete or gta 6

(My money is def on GTA)
I also think. After all, GTA 6 is being developed by hundreds of people in a large studio full of technology, while WW is being made by a handful of guys who are in the middle of a war

• Haha
Reactions: DriKidu and Twistty

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
I also think. After all, GTA 6 is being developed by hundreds of people in a large studio full of technology, while WW is being made by a handful of guys who are in the middle of a war
Wasn't this game abandoned even before the war? And even before being abandoned the last few updates were quite rare and mostly bugs fixing stuff?

And I don't see how the war can affect their productivity, you say it like they are right now in the trenches firing at the enemy (or some babies if the devs are ruZZians) with hand and with the other they are coding a new Draco pegging scene.

I really want to see this game finished but I can't inhale the cope anymore... I will leave you guys edging to the "It 99% done, right now it uploading! THE FINAL VERSION IS ALMOSTITY THERE JUST A LITTLE MORE!!!!" but let face it, we are being scammed. no final version is coming, just an excuse why they couldn't finish it even tho it was 99,99,99% done.

"We are sorry to say this but we can't finish the project anymore due to..."

1) The laptop with the final release being blown away in an airstrike
2) Your impatience! Your negative comments hurt more than the enemy's bullets! NO GAME FOR YOU! BYE!
3) Halau, Am nout tah dav. dav blawn auai bi big ruckt. niet game.

We will have to wait and see which one it is, most likely till 2042.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Wasn't this game abandoned even before the war? And even before being abandoned the last few updates were quite rare and mostly bugs fixing stuff?
No, I was not.
This abandoned label was placed about 3 months ago.

And I don't see how the war can affect their productivity, you say it like they are right now in the trenches firing at the enemy (or some babies if the devs are ruZZians) with hand and with the other they are coding a new Draco pegging scene.
As far as I know, some of the dev team members are indeed IN THE MIDDLE of the war. They were called up (I don't know if they are Russians or Ukrainians, but yes, they were called up - if they are still alive)

I really want to see this game finished but I can't inhale the cope anymore... I will leave you guys edging to the "It 99% done, right now it uploading! THE FINAL VERSION IS ALMOSTITY THERE JUST A LITTLE MORE!!!!" but let face it, we are being scammed. no final version is coming, just an excuse why they couldn't finish it even tho it was 99,99,99% done.

"We are sorry to say this but we can't finish the project anymore due to..."

1) The laptop with the final release being blown away in an airstrike
2) Your impatience! Your negative comments hurt more than the enemy's bullets! NO GAME FOR YOU! BYE!
3) Halau, Am nout tah dav. dav blawn auai bi big ruckt. niet game.

We will have to wait and see which one it is, most likely till 2042.
You forgot about 4) "Sorry, we couldn't finish the game because people on our development team were killed in a war." I don't think you agree, but that to me is a good reason not to finish a game.

Disregarding other silly things that a war usually affects people's lives (which may or may not have been the case here, I don't know), such as lack of electricity, lack of water, lack of food, lack of internet, lack of money ... Some small setbacks that can affect people's lives, but of course, none of this is more important than playing a game with Harry Potter naked.

Last edited:
Reactions: graileater

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
No, I was not.
This abandoned label was placed about 3 months ago.

As far as I know, some of the dev team members are indeed IN THE MIDDLE of the war. They were called up (I don't know if they are Russians or Ukrainians, but yes, they were called up - if they are still alive)

You forgot about 4) "Sorry, we couldn't finish the game because people on our development team were killed in a war." I don't think you agree, but that to me is a good reason not to finish a game.

Disregarding other silly things that a war usually affects people's lives (which may or may not have been the case here, I don't know), such as lack of electricity, lack of water, lack of food, lack of internet, lack of money ... Some small setbacks that can affect people's lives, but of course, none of this is more important than playing a game with Harry Potter naked.
"such as lack of electricity, lack of water, lack of food, lack of internet, lack of money"
So the devs are from ukr.

Not all ukr is doing it that bad (I live next to it, mfs are doing better than us) of course the zones attacked by the orcs suffers from the things you mentioned (+genocide) but most of ukr is fine.

But that dosen't really matter, I don't care about the reason they are lying or what excuses they have. It's never okay to scam people.

If their approach was "We are in a war morons, the game is indeed abandoned until we get out alive." things will be completely different, at least we would have know not to wait for the game. but they poke at us with the "it almost ready" stick.

"none of this is more important than playing a game with Harry Potter naked."

You do realise this conversation is taking place of f95zone not twitter or reddit right? Of course i care more about my dick than posing as virtuous person and getting my sweet karma up.

I WANT MY GAME! AND I WANT IT NOWWW!!
d7ec441a591b1ca5da4f74d32c3591cb.jpg

Reactions: MAKE DEEPFAKES

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
"such as lack of electricity, lack of water, lack of food, lack of internet, lack of money"
So the devs are from ukr.

Not all ukr is doing it that bad (I live next to it, mfs are doing better than us) of course the zones attacked by the orcs suffers from the things you mentioned (+genocide) but most of ukr is fine.

But that dosen't really matter, I don't care about the reason they are lying or what excuses they have. It's never okay to scam people.

If their approach was "We are in a war morons, the game is indeed abandoned until we get out alive." things will be completely different, at least we would have know not to wait for the game. but they poke at us with the "it almost ready" stick.

"none of this is more important than playing a game with Harry Potter naked."

You do realise this conversation is taking place of f95zone not twitter or reddit right? Of course i care more about my dick than posing as virtuous person and getting my sweet karma up.

I WANT MY GAME! AND I WANT IT NOWWW!!
View attachment 3172982
Just jerked off, This game means nothing to me now.
Take your time with it devs! :3

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year! And devlog too!

femharry.png
We know you're looking forward to more than just congratulations. And we have good news for you!

We have decided on the release date of the alpha version of Witches and Wands. It will be before the end of January. Over the next month, we'll keep regular updates on what's done and what's left. (Actually, there's not much left to do.)
This game has turned into a real longshot. Of course, this is largely due to changed circumstances, but it's our fault too. Either way, you're waiting for the completion of our game, and we will complete it soon.

Once again, congratulations on the Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021

View attachment 3200389
We know you're looking forward to more than just congratulations. And we have good news for you!

We have decided on the release date of the alpha version of Witches and Wands. It will be before the end of January. Over the next month, we'll keep regular updates on what's done and what's left. (Actually, there's not much left to do.)
This game has turned into a real longshot. Of course, this is largely due to changed circumstances, but it's our fault too. Either way, you're waiting for the completion of our game, and we will complete it soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at you. I've enjoyed this game and am looking forward to seeing the completed version. Hopefully you'll have another game project in the future.

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019

View attachment 3200389

My recommendation is not to do that since this game was abandoned for too long.

The update will only bring new players who dosen't know about dev's struggle on the frontline and most likely won't take slow updates well. the game will get reviewed bombed by them.

We waited for so long so what's 1 more year? Just release the complete version next year, no need to throw us bones after 2 years of inactivity.

It actually quite insulting to get just an alpha version after waiting that much and so many promises of "99% done" just release the god damn final thing when it ready.

Any way, Merry Christmas and Slava Ukrayini <3

Reactions: Bad_boy99

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
My recommendation is not to do that since this game was abandoned for too long.
Well, this will be the full version with finals. Maybe later we'll release something like a "gold edition". Actually, we've already broken down what we wanted to release as finals into three updates. According to the original plans, the version with the ball was already supposed to be the final version. But even then we realised that it was too big and complicated. So we split this update first into two, and then into three. So, no more updates, after releasing our standard cycle - alpha and beta for closed testing, and after the public version for everyone.

Nor do we see any irony in writing about the front line. As I have already written, our team members live on both sides of the conflict. We have miraculously, and not without losses, managed to stay together as a team. This is a very sore subject. Please do not bring it up again.

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Devlog Jan/09/2024

As promised, we're keeping you updated on our progress. All animations for the game are ready. We are now adding new art and animations to the game. After that, it will take us a few days to test the visuals. Here is what we still have to do before the alpha release:
  • Implement mod support
  • Make in-game cheat menu (yes, we decided to make it, but by default it will become active only after at least one full playthrough of the game).
  • A bit of final testing
  • English localisation. (Speaking of which. If any native English speakers want to help us with proofreading the text for this update, please send a message to us.)
In general, we plan to handle this by the end of January, as announced.

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
Devlog Jan/09/2024

As promised, we're keeping you updated on our progress. All animations for the game are ready. We are now adding new art and animations to the game. After that, it will take us a few days to test the visuals. Here is what we still have to do before the alpha release:
  • Implement mod support
  • Make in-game cheat menu (yes, we decided to make it, but by default it will become active only after at least one full playthrough of the game).
  • A bit of final testing
  • English localisation. (Speaking of which. If any native English speakers want to help us with proofreading the text for this update, please send a message to us.)
In general, we plan to handle this by the end of January, as announced.
Wouldn't it be better to wait until something harry potter related happens in the main stream media? It would have been awesome to release that update when Hogwarts Legacy was big (Miss Garlick was all over tiktok, imagine if she was in the game. this game would have exploded in popularity) but that train left the station a long time ago.

Maybe wait until it gets a DLC or a new Harry potter movie appears, releasing the updated so soon will be a waste.
This game is already abandoned so what's the harm in waiting a few more months?

But you guys know better what to do.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Regardie
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes