3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Some quest, from professor Tonks, give to you a "male wand" to use in Ginny quests, but, there's any way to unequip this "wand", and go back to normal?
Ou choose not drink this potion?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
What is it with adult games based on Harry Potter being so fucking amazing? I really hope that the devs decided to stick with Wands and Witches because it's already one of the best on this site imo! And a HUGE improvement over their last 2 projects. I honestly feel bad for the people who refuse to give this game a chance because of the amount of text.

York24

Dec 10, 2017
I am trying to do the date with Ginny, but it seems that I need a higher flying skill. Is there a way to cheat this or use console commands?

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Some quest, from professor Tonks, give to you a "male wand" to use in Ginny quests, but, there's any way to unequip this "wand", and go back to normal?
Ou choose not drink this potion?
Is has a tamporary effect, so no problem at all. Later, if you need it, you will grow it again.

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
What is it with adult games based on Harry Potter being so fucking amazing? I really hope that the devs decided to stick with Wands and Witches because it's already one of the best on this site imo! And a HUGE improvement over their last 2 projects. I honestly feel bad for the people who refuse to give this game a chance because of the amount of text.
We are glad that you liked our game.

JConrad

Aug 1, 2018
@GCStudio

You mentioned that, while we could use the beta link above, we were expected to report any bugs we found there. These might have been reported elsewhere already, but I'm not sure:

1) Part of the quest "Halloween", when a certain bearded character appears and greets everyone by name, the following error pops up every single time:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'pc_title'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tl/english/events.rpyc", line 22844, in script
  File "E:\Downloads\WaW0.61-Beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Downloads\WaW0.61-Beta-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1176, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Downloads\WaW0.61-Beta-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "E:\Downloads\WaW0.61-Beta-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "E:\Downloads\WaW0.61-Beta-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'pc_title'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Wands and Witches 0.61-Beta
Tue Aug 07 09:44:05 2018
2) On the Hogsmeade date with Ginny as a female player, after they're in the room and have gotten to the sex scene, I keep getting this image:

Ginny Placeholder.jpg

(Ginny vanished and turned into some anime shadowgirl?)

Is has a tamporary effect, so no problem at all. Later, if you need it, you will grow it again.
What this person means, I think, is that, once they do the quest, every "Offer to Have Sex" option with Ginny from there on has the female player growing her "wand" and then using it on Ginny. They want to know if there's a way, or could be a way, to have an option for the player to decide whether to use the "wand" or just use the regular female animation each time they and Ginny run off to the store room, and I think it would be nice, if it's at all possible.

I'd also kind of like an option for the female animation (One standing, one on their knees) where Ginny and the player switch places (so, Ginny on her knees and the player standing), if that's remotely possible, because having the same animation every time can be a bit dull after awhile and variety helps spice things up. I realize that's probably not super high on any to-do lists right now, though, and would require additional programming and animation work to do. So, just to be clear, I'm not expecting it or demanding it (because that'd be silly). Just, it'd be kind of nice at some point should y'all decide to do it and get around to it.

----

Overall, it's a good game, and I've enjoyed playing what's been released so far. I would like clarification about a couple things, though, just in order to figure out what's there or isn't, so I'm not running around like a dope trying to find stuff that hasn't been implemented yet. First, as a male player, when talking to Flitwick after the nightmare with high enough courage, he mentions using a "stallion potion" or transfiguration to increase one's "wand size." Am I correct in thinking that, as of yet, neither of those have been implemented as of yet? I legitimately got both transfiguration and potions up to 25 before the October 30 bug, and didn't see any sort of messages about them.

Second, am I correct in thinking that, after the quest with a certain female Gryffindor character which is now able to be completed in the beta version, there are no additional quests for her yet? I didn't get much time to check it out before the October 30 thing, and had to actually force the "Stay after class" line from Snape in order to start the quest, but I don't think I saw anything else.

I am trying to do the date with Ginny, but it seems that I need a higher flying skill. Is there a way to cheat this or use console commands?
Shift+O for the console, and the syntax for that particular command is on page 2, I think.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
You mentioned that, while we could use the beta link above, we were expected to report any bugs we found there. These might have been reported elsewhere already, but I'm not sure:
Yes, we are already know about this bug.

2) On the Hogsmeade date with Ginny as a female player, after they're in the room and have gotten to the sex scene, I keep getting this image:
I'll check it. Thank you.

What this person means, I think, is that, once they do the quest, every "Offer to Have Sex" option with Ginny from there on has the female player growing her "wand" and then using it on Ginny. They want to know if there's a way, or could be a way, to have an option for the player to decide whether to use the "wand" or just use the regular female animation each time they and Ginny run off to the store room, and I think it would be nice, if it's at all possible.
We will allow player to select, if they want a female character to use a "magic wand". But, I think it will not be in this public version, but in the next big update. Thank you for telling us about this.

First, as a male player, when talking to Flitwick after the nightmare with high enough courage, he mentions using a "stallion potion" or transfiguration to increase one's "wand size."
This quest is not yet completed, we will finish it in the next versions.

Second, am I correct in thinking that, after the quest with a certain female Gryffindor character which is now able to be completed in the beta version, there are no additional quests for her yet?
I'm not sure I understand who you mean. If it's about Ginny, the main of her quest line is complete. But, of course, this is not the last quest with her. Just to say, in the next versions we will more concentrate on other characters.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

JConrad

Aug 1, 2018
I'm not sure I understand who you mean. If it's about Ginny, the main of her quest line is complete. But, of course, this is not the last quest with her. Just to say, in the next versions we will more concentrate on other characters.
Sorry. I meant the other Gryffindor, Hermione, after the completion of her most recent story quest-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Was trying to be more circumspect, as others have been with hints and such about what quests were which and who was involved, since it's still beta and not even been publicly released yet, so as not to spoil anything. I guess I was too vague.

No, I'm really content with where the Ginny storyline is right now, particularly given most of the other females are at the first kiss stage
or slightly after it

RealHardy

Mar 9, 2018
is their more content depending on what house you are in and what does it actually do, don't want to be in a house and find out 2 hours later that the others had loads more content

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
There is no big difference in which house you will be for now. But, since the next versions, this difference will appear.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
I honestly feel bad for the people who refuse to give this game a chance because of the amount of text.
I would like to give this game a chance, but my first impressions of it were "grindy" instead of "fappy." The walkthrough in the OP does nothing to alleviate that as there is like zero mention of sex within it. If my impressions are wrong, please let me know. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to knock-up Hermoine.

Reactions: Safetydummy

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I am not getting any new quests ,after 1-2 day it says that all for that version what to do??
All new quests, except one, are a continuation of the old quests. And one quest depends on the game date. No more spoilers.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
You might as well wait for another 5-6 update if you want to fuck her. U will get the chance that's for sure.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes