3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
For optimal starting stats, I do some Excel calculations.

Aim is a balance with all subjects (Fly, DADA…). Everywhere enough, nowhere too much. No explicit weakness if possible. Need some more testing with it ...

Courage . . . 12 . . . . . . . Fly . . . . 29

Agility . . . . . 9 . . . . . . . DADA . . . 30

Athletics . . . 8 . . . . . . . Potions . . 21

Intelligence 11 . . . . . . . Charms . . 22

Coordin . . . 10 . . . . . . . Trans . . . 22

Charisma . . 10 . . . . . . . Relations . 2

Wand /Robe . 1

Like this we are in most subjects above the minimal requirement with >20 (>30). Small weaknesses are Fly and DADA.

Fly you need only once early (first date with Ginny), and there it is not really necessary. Getting into the Q. team is nice for ego, but not game-important afaik.

DADA of 20 is only important later in the game, to start the adventure with astoria.

Trans on the other hand is necessary quite early - at the first date with Hermione.

When your Trans is >10, then you are able to save 3 gal, because the cheap meal will do it for a successful date with Hermione (saving every penny until end of Nov. is important!).

Potions 15 you need shortly after this (seaching panties). With high Courage you can stand against Snape (+1 Courage).

For Charisma, of course it would be most helpful to have it on a max level. Relations is half of the game and are needed for Quests. But practically I found out I need Courage to be 12 otherwise DADA (and fly) will not come up enough in time. And also Intelligence needs a high value, because it influences 3 subjects (and Hermione likes it).

That means, for Charisma remains a 10, which should be just sufficient. Ok, sometimes you get only one point per person in group talks, but what's the use of having the relevant relations on max (or close to max) already after 3 or 4 weeks. You have plenty of time to build them up.

Reactions: WOLVERINE55

Qdpb

Oct 17, 2018
Well, for true balance you can just make your weaknesses your strengths -- leaves you with a ten in everything.

You can also gain a +1 to intelligence if you manage to make it to october with less than five charms skill. Flitwick gives you tutoring with Hermione and after that you gain a point to intelligence

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Well, for true balance ... leaves you with a ten in everything.
You mean cheating with shift O. Thats not what I mean. I like to play inside the given frame of the game. To cheat me a win is no fun. Thats why I try to collect the required money to repay the loan with my own skill. Typing "player.gal=1000000000" is easy and dull.

With Q14 (charms 5 or less) +1 intelligence I forgot. Thanks, good to remember.
You also have a free wish after having fun with the flower (or bring Ginny, if she is no virgin anymore).
There might come (or be) some more.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Another hint:
Use the given time because time is limited.

Big help is the hourglass. There are 3 phases. Two you can use for showering or communication with one person. The 3rd phase you should use for group talks, studying in the library, taking lessons or free flying-training. They end the part of the day.

If you do these things earlier, you waste one or two possibilities for actions.

Before lectures you shower a/o communicate first somewhere else. If you have your first communication in the lecture room, lecture will start right after this and you loose one move.

Qdpb

Oct 17, 2018
You mean cheating with shift O. Thats not what I mean. I like to play inside the given frame of the game. To cheat me a win is no fun. Thats why I try to collect the required money to repay the loan with my own skill. Typing "player.gal=1000000000" is easy and dull.

With Q14 (charms 5 or less) +1 intelligence I forgot. Thanks, good to remember.
You also have a free wish after having fun with the flower (or bring Ginny, if she is no virgin anymore).
There might come (or be) some more.
Not cheating. When it asks you your best attribute, say intelligence. When it asks you your worst, say intelligence. I guess it goes against the idea of having varied skills, but i figure there's nothing wrong with being a Jack of all trades instead of a master. You'll fail some attribute roles like catching Hermione still with ten, so it's not like it gives you all the benefits with none of the losses

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
10 everywhere and wand/robe will lead to weaknesses in fly and potion.

But of course, its a possibilty if it works like you say.

Anyway, we also can have a similar good balance with my stats above, having Courage on 12 and Intelligence on 11 (which has clear advantages).

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Quoting an old posting:
Aug 19, 2018

If anyone wants to watch the relationship - values between NPC's:
It is quite simple, if you start with the list from page 6 (thanks to ArcticPerv).

NPCs -> Player

agc.r_pc = Astoria Greengrass
ckc.r_pc = Colin Creevey
dmc.r_pc = Draco Malfoy
ggc.r_pc = Hermione Granger
hpc.r_pc = Harry Potter
llc.r_pc = Luna L.
jwc.r_pc = Ginny Weasley
ntc.r_pc = Nymphadora Tonks
rsc.r_pc = Rolf S.
ssc.r_pc = Severus Snape

Player -> NPCs
player.r_ag = Astoria Greengrass

For NPC -> NPC
just take out the "pc" and put in the 2 letters for the second NPC instead.
then it is like:

agc.r_ck = Astoria likes Colin

If you type in only the part on the left side of "=", then you get the actual value of this variable (no need for changing them).

It is really fun to watch this (with shift O) and to look at the developing values from time to time.

Reactions: York24

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I only discovered this game a couple of days ago, and have been having a lot of fun playing it. However I was startled to be suddenly told that the game was over. Looking on this thread, I discovered that the game is designed to end on December 20th. If that was mentioned anywhere in the game itself, then I must have missed it. How about adding something in the Prologue where Tonks (assuming the player has chosen to be male) says "We break up for Christmas on December 20th".

A couple of questions. My maximum score for Look is 10. Is that always the case, or does it depend on Charisma and/or whether one has a standard or an expensive robe?

I've been on lots of Saturday dates with Ginny where I treat her to coffee in the cafe in Hogsmeade, but my relationship with her seems to have become stuck. Is there anything that I should be doing to progress it further? TIA.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Sorry, I had to change and correct the posting above, with starting stats, a few times. I guess it is ok now like it is.

For understanding the values, I clearly recomend the Walkthrough.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
My maximum score for Look is 10. Is that always the case, or does it depend on Charisma and/or whether one has a standard or an expensive robe?
Yes, it depends on robe (take a loan, you also need the expensive wand), and on Charisma. Look 10 is ok for getting relation points. If lower, take shower.
With Charisma 10 and robe I have Look 12 mostly.

I've been on lots of Saturday dates with Ginny where I treat her to coffee in the cafe in Hogsmeade, but my relationship with her seems to have become stuck. Is there anything that I should be doing to progress it further? TIA.
I am not sure about the reason. Do you have "Best friend, interested" with Ginny?
May be she likes Harry still more than you.
Look in the park, may be you find her, kissing Harry (otherwise you might find Malfoy kissing Snape).
Or check the datas with shift O (checking is not cheating).

Relation Ginny to Harry is jwc.r_hp
Harry to Ginny is hpc.r_jw (its much lower!)

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I only discovered this game a couple of days ago, and have been having a lot of fun playing it. However I was startled to be suddenly told that the game was over. Looking on this thread, I discovered that the game is designed to end on December 20th. If that was mentioned anywhere in the game itself, then I must have missed it. How about adding something in the Prologue where Tonks (assuming the player has chosen to be male) says "We break up for Christmas on December 20th".
It's this version's time limit, not the whole game.

Try the different dialogue's lines. Look at her reactions. All your answers have matters.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Yes, it depends on robe (take a loan, you also need the expensive wand), and on Charisma. Look 10 is ok for getting relation points. If lower, take shower.
With Charisma 10 and robe I have Look 12 mostly.

I am not sure about the reason. Do you have "Best friend, interested" with Ginny?
May be she likes Harry still more than you.
Look in the park, may be you find her, kissing Harry (otherwise you might find Malfoy kissing Snape).
Or check the datas with shift O (checking is not cheating).

Relation Ginny to Harry is jwc.r_hp
Harry to Ginny is hpc.r_jw (its much lower!)
Thanks. Yes I do have "Best friend, interested" with Ginny, but I suspect that she does still yearn after Harry (which presumably was why she wanted me to wear glasses when going out with her.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
It's this version's time limit, not the whole game.

Try the different dialogue's lines. Look at her reactions. All your answers have matters.
Thanks. I think I've tried all the possible dialogue options. Maybe I'd do better if I started the game again, and this time bought the more expensive robe.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... but I suspect that she does still yearn after Harry (which presumably was why she wanted me to wear glasses when going out with her.
She will allways dream about Harry, even when you think, you are her "one and only" lover. When she is in bed with you and orgasms, she calls Harrys name.

So you have to live with it that she only wants you as "Harry-replacement", with glasses and a bang on the forehead.
Or you take her as a nice episode and concentrate more on Hermione, who takes you like the person you are. :)

PS: in my last game I was with Ginny at 100 (November) and Ginny was with Harry at max (50). And still I could see her once with Harry fucking on the park bench. She did not leave me because of this (although she was v e r y upset because of Lavender).

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I finally managed to progress my relationship with Ginny to sharing a room overnight, though I'm not clear why. Perhaps one of my stats had advanced to the necessary minimum level. Unfortunately it was within a few days of December 20th, so I couldn't progress matters much further. I hadn't taken out a loan with Gingotts during the prologue, which I suspect retarded my progress, so I'm now going to play again but this time taking one out.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah, I did it. Could pay back the loan on time. Some days ago I was so angry with the developers, because I was like sure it is absolute impossible to manage the money thing.

I told him: What should I do, tell the girls that I'm without money, and I cannot pay for the date (thinking that would be necessary for a successful date). He only answered: "Yes, like in real life". Thought it’s a joke. But it was the solution.

Hermione is such eager to study a subject which is new to her (relations, sex) that she is willing to pay 2 times 5 gal. without hesitation. This made it possible for me to pay back the loan.

And when you look into her stats (ggc.gal) then you see, she is not a poor girl at all.

Looking at the game values in the end, they are such astronomical high in every way, that I believe difficulty level "hard" is not a big thing anymore.

Reactions: GCStudio

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
It is long ago that I was so much laughing like in the quest, when Mary (MC) was on a date with Harry. The writing is so good, it is unbelievable.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...Unfortunately it was within a few days of December 20th, so I couldn't progress matters much further.
It is good to concentrate on fast growing relations with Ginny from first day, so you be in bed with her end of September. Otherwise you risk, that Harry is faster.

Take the loan, but keep 20 gal. for your running expenses. Otherwise you have noch chance to pay back.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes