Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
That would take multiple playthroughs on different branches unless somebody makes a mod for it. A scene replay mod would really hit the spot too, as the gallery is still images only.
Not sure how to do that - but you're right, it'd be good. I'l look into it.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Not sure how to do that - but you're right, it'd be good. I'l look into it.
I think that the gallery as it stands is pretty good. One feature I do like from other games is that they will give a hint on how to unlock the picture in the locked version of the thumbnail. A lot of games have a scene replay feature in their gallery but I'm not sure how difficult or complicated that may be. I know that the scene replay from Where it All Began was always a mess so it probably isn't that easy.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I think that the gallery as it stands is pretty good. One feature I do like from other games is that they will give a hint on how to unlock the picture in the locked version of the thumbnail. A lot of games have a scene replay feature in their gallery but I'm not sure how difficult or complicated that may be. I know that the scene replay from Where it All Began was always a mess so it probably isn't that easy.
Illegible Mink

A scene gallery isn't that complicated but takes some work. There are 2 ways of implementing them, either building a replay into the actual game code and gallery or copy the scene's code into the gallery section. Either way both require also setting up action buttons for each scene. Some devs go further and require you to play all available paths to be able to see all the scenes for various reasons.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Illegible Mink

A scene gallery isn't that complicated but takes some work. There are 2 ways of implementing them, either building a replay into the actual game code and gallery or copy the scene's code into the gallery section. Either way both require also setting up action buttons for each scene. Some devs go further and require you to play all available paths to be able to see all the scenes for various reasons.
Sounds to me as if the time and labour may not be worth the result. Perhaps when I have time to learn new coding skills :).

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I have some knowledge of code but never tried to make a gallery so I will have a look into it
Grab my Chap 4 mod for DMD, I used Lain's Scene Gallery mod code for it and it's a great start and has some images for the boxes/buttons and maybe Illegible Mink could make ya some extra images. I could do it but don't know about the time involved, though it would probably add a day to my work on the mod everytime.

Here are some screen shots and of course you can change the colors, fonts etc.:

sc1.jpg sc2.jpg sc3.jpg

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds to me as if the time and labour may not be worth the result. Perhaps when I have time to learn new coding skills :).
I hear you. One of the downfalls of being a sole proprietor making a VN is that you rarely have the skills to do everything yourself. This is why there is so much subcontracting amid the games in development. Many hands make light work and this is a great community to ask for help with what you are struggling with. The downside is that many devs have been burned by unreliable contractors failing to meet deadlines or deliver work as promised. I am having fits building the relationship system for my VN and it kind of a time sink that keeps me from working on my renders. I'm not to the point where I am even dreaming of ancillary features like a gallery or collectible vault.

hapmash

Apr 2, 2020
Just played through, and have to say that I'm impressed with this game and hope progress is fast. I normally like petite women but the wife isn't unattractive to me.

She is working out more so maybe that will play into the story? Lol

Either way, keep up the good work dev.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Just played through, and have to say that I'm impressed with this game and hope progress is fast. I normally like petite women but the wife isn't unattractive to me.

The dev is working on the cuck route just now then it's the turn of the share route.
So good news all round

Dec 27, 2018
enjoying this game and the walkthrough mod is helpfull but i need either a text walkthrough or more indepth mod, im trying to make mc score badly and in 1 scene refusing sex gives -1 so would go with that but having sex and being a dick can lose more points so its hard to know where to go without playing every single choice ( which i might possibly have done by now lol)

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I hear you. One of the downfalls of being a sole proprietor making a VN is that you rarely have the skills to do everything yourself. This is why there is so much subcontracting amid the games in development. Many hands make light work and this is a great community to ask for help with what you are struggling with. The downside is that many devs have been burned by unreliable contractors failing to meet deadlines or deliver work as promised. I am having fits building the relationship system for my VN and it kind of a time sink that keeps me from working on my renders. I'm not to the point where I am even dreaming of ancillary features like a gallery or collectible vault.
There are so many things that I fancy doing and never get the time. All my free game development time outside of real life commitments is spent scripting, coding and rendering. Any whole days / /weekends lost in developing something new is time lost on my releases. It's a bugger all right.

Reactions: NewTricks

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018

I could send her to the gym :).

• Red Heart
Reactions: hapmash

WerewolfSinX

Feb 7, 2021
And ruin her perfect mommy bod? The hell you say. Now that you mention it, It is kind of weird that these two don't appear to have kids, though. They seem like a couple who spent 18 or so years focusing on parenting at the expense of their relationship.
I agree about the kids lol. However, could you imagine there child walking in on the wife doing someone else regardless what path your on lol. Would be a tough situation to talk about lol... now that I think about it didn't the same thing happen already with the wife :LOL:.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
And ruin her perfect mommy bod? The hell you say. Now that you mention it, It is kind of weird that these two don't appear to have kids, though. They seem like a couple who spent 18 or so years focusing on parenting at the expense of their relationship.
You never know - she might still get pregnant...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Squiddwarrd
4.00 star(s) 46 Votes