Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
The game may not be dead yet, but the road we're on seems clear. The last update wasn't bad by any means, but it was underwhelming compared to earlier updates. And now the radio silence. Literally, this is typical behavior of a dev who's overwhelmed with their project and just walks away. Maybe we get another update, maybe we get a few more updates, but I think we all know how this ends unless we get an unexpected announcement.
Let's be honest, no-one knows what's happening.
Whilst I agree that it's not looking too good, let's not jump to conclusions, eh, Ginge?
At least cut the guy some slack.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Given the velocity of the updates and engagement of the dev up to this point, I don't begrudge him if he took a bit of a break from it. It is better to do that than just churn out an inferior product. Sometimes in the creative process, you do need to take a breather. The right thing to do in that case is to put out something to that effect and pause billing. I think we need to normalize this being acceptable and perhaps devs won't feel like they are jumping into a shark tank when they do that and instead opt to do a Casper impression.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
All signs point to Mink burning out it seems. Sad, great game.
As I said to GingerSweetGirl : I hope you are wrong, but I fear you are right. I have seen enough on F95 over time to estimate such a turn of events is possible. It is unlike Mink to be this silent. I hope it is just him being swamped by the madness of real life and it is a phase. But it could also be the beginning of the end for WmW. I just hope it is not!

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
As I said to GingerSweetGirl : I hope you are wrong, but I fear you are right. I have seen enough on F95 over time to estimate such a turn of events is possible. It is unlike Mink to be this silent. I hope it is just him being swamped by the madness of real life and it is a phase. But it could also be the beginning of the end for WmW. I just hope it is not!
Still no word off him and nothing on his patron page

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
Anyone know the winning manuscript options for Ian to choose for publishing? Not for his book.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Almost a month without any word from Mink both on F95 and Patreon? Well shit, guess another one bites the dust. Though I must say that none of Mink's last messages gave the impression that he'd just walk away from this project, especially not without letting his supporters know what's up. Weird indeed. Hope he's ok.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
This sounds ominous coming from you. To me it seemed you had a good contact wire with Mink and I know you contacted him these days. That you did not get an answer...
We talked often about the game and now he has gone dark,I do hope that he/family are ok.
I had thought that the last couple of updates where a struggle for him between life/work/family

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
We talked often about the game and now he has gone dark,I do hope that he/family are ok.
I too hope Mink and his famliy are ok! When for instance the Dev of "Because I love her" goes dark for months, you do not have to think something is amiss, rypical behaviour for him. When Mink, who was always active on board and stuff goes dark, that is unusual and we can only hope everything is okay! Something can happen to everyone. One of my classmates from school suddenly and without any forewarning keeled over just a few months ago. And let me tell you, we might not be twenty anymore, but not at an age where we should push up the horseraddish.

Jan 24, 2022
I too hope all is well with Mink and that he returns but I also know all to well that sometimes life happens. If for some unfortunate reason this is the case is there any possibility someone could take on this project to move it on? This is just too good of a story to leave it in the dust.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes